The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

She believes it. She's just pissed about no longer being first in line for the thrown.

Yes, I was going to post it was obvious she knew it was 100% true. She still made the claim it was "fake news"

A lot of characters have faced real conflicts in the show, this is her first. How will she respond. Have someone try and kill jon on the battle field!

4 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

How many white walkers are there? It looked like hundreds of them forming an entire first line outside of winterfell

And they all have ice spears. I just wonder if they can all go full Joe Montana the way the Night King can.

Man, I really enjoyed this episode. Felt like an old-school Thrones episode with everything relying on characters and the dialogue more than the action. Had some really fantastic character moments. Pretty clear we're seeing many of them together for the last time. Death toll is gonna be outrageous next week.

How many people are going to die in the crypts? They beat us over the head multiple times talking about the crypts being the safest place at Winterfell. Alarm bells immediately went off for me regarding that. The Night King must have a way of reviving the dead from afar. In the preview for next week, Dany says "the dead are already here." I'm sure that's her bringing word of wights in the crypts. 

We finally learned that the Night King is indeed after Bran and wants to bring about "an endless night." I suppose as long as Bran lives, the memories and stories of old can be passed down. But if he's gone, then they'll all be forgotten. I need to re-watch. I think there's a lot more to take from the battle preparations scene.

As for predictions, I had wondered a few weeks ago if they'd deal with the Night King problems early in the season and use the latter half for resolving the politics. At this point, that's what I'm leaning toward. I think they win the battle next week...but suffer numerous casualties. There were just so many bread crumbs this week about what will happen after. Sansa asking Dany about the north. Jon revealing his parentage to Dany. Jorah telling Dany not to dismiss Tyrion. In Jaime's trial, they (Jaime or Tyrion?) mentioned Cersei striking with her new army with them being weak after the battle with the dead. I may change my mind next week, but right now, I think that's exactly what's going to happen

52 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Pretty obvious Danny wouldn't believe Sam and Bran for the reasons I said a week ago....

I couldn't help but think about what @Jonboy actually posted. Were the dead actually shown outside of Winterfell?

It was a cool theory, but I definitely think the Night King is there at Winterfell now that we know he wants Bran. Then again...Bran could be wrong or giving us false info. Maybe he has another goal he's not revealing. 

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I'm second guessing this now. The plan is almost certainly going to fail. But how? They're whole plan is centered around getting the Night King. What better way to thwart that plan than to just not show up at all?

They've now wasted two of six episodes with no action. Fuck me sideways, what a waste.

But that was good writing and a solid episode if I don't consider the greater season timeline. Cogman usually delivers.

And, yeah, they seemed to understand it's awkward with Arya and Sansa having been children. Surprised they broke that wall down, to an extent. Nothing full HBO and probably a body double anyway but ... surprised. I wonder how Cogman even broaches that subject after so long. Weird sales pitch, I imagine.