(2022) Per PFT: TN Involved in Aaron Rodgers Trade Talks, Among Other Teams?

tgo

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is 0% chance the Titans consider trading for Rodgers   Yea lets unload all the draft capitol and wreck the cap for a one year rental on a declining QB who will be 40 next year

Pretty damn funny.

Robinson basically admitted the other day that he had had talks about Rodgers and that was “part of his job” or whatever.    Vrabel sounds done with Tannehill to me. But maybe I’m just reading

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Raiders seems like the obvious place to me.

He’s not going to the Raiders. 

Mark Davis doesn’t have the cash to escrow for the guarantee, the fit with McDaniels would never work, and they’ve already said their QB solution may not come this year. 

I’m hesitant to say it because I know what the reaction will be on this board - but my personal opinion has been for about the last week that it will be either a return to the Packers or a trade to Tennessee. Maybe I’m totally wrong. 

Green Bay has to restructure a couple more contracts after their most recent restructures last week to take the 9M dead cap hit for a Rodgers trade regardless of where it is to, so they have a bit more administrative work to do before they can execute a trade, but they’re well on their way. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Mark Davis doesn’t have the cash to escrow for the guarantee, the fit with McDaniels would never work, and they’ve already said their QB solution may not come this year. 

I’m hesitant to say it because I know what the reaction will be - but my personal opinion has been for about the last week that it will be either a return to the Packers or a trade to Tennessee. Maybe I’m totally wrong. 

I think most options outside of the Packers present similar unlikely hurdles.

24 minutes ago, tgo said:

This is really a salary cap question, but how the hell were they able to sign Davante Adams and Chandler Jones last year if he's so poor?

8 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This is really a salary cap question, but how the hell were they able to sign Davante Adams and Chandler Jones last year if he's so poor?

It’s the full guarantees that would be an issue rather than the big contracts in general - you can mitigate the cash flow timing with financing, but with the Rodgers guarantee Mark Davis has to escrow the full 60M in cash immediately upon taking the contract. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

It’s the full guarantees that would be an issue rather than the big contracts in general - you can mitigate the cash flow timing with financing, but with the Rodgers guarantee Mark Davis has to escrow the full 60M in cash immediately upon taking the contract. 

Are the Titans really in a better position to take it on?

Just now, OzTitan said:

Are the Titans really in a better position to take it on?

Yeah.

Strunk has more money than Mark Davis, but she’s not among the wealthiest owners by any means, so she’d have to dig deep in the pocket book to make that move in conjunction with the upcoming Simmons guarantee. Definitely a heavy lift, but doable. 

Hypothetically - From a cap perspective, going from Tannehill to Rodgers actually saves 3M against the 2023 cap. 

51 minutes ago, cenj said:

But the only thing I know for certain is that if Rodgers does somehow become a Titan, or if it comes out verifiably that the Titans tried to trade for him, then everyone will still shit on @tgo and tell him he was wrong.

Wrong about what? He's posted they were gonna go with Willis, draft a rookie, Carr and Rodgers while denying he ever said any of that very recently. Last I remember was him saying they would give Tannehill an extension. 

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Wrong about what? He's posted they were gonna go with Willis, draft a rookie, Carr and Rodgers while denying he ever said any of that very recently. Last I remember was him saying they would give Tannehill extension. 

I never once said they were going with Carr, no idea why this keeps getting repeated. The only thing I said about Carr was right after he was benched and they said they were moving on that he would be among an array of QB options for the Titans to consider in the upcoming offseason. I personally think Tannehill is a better QB than Carr and have always said that. 

And I said I was *afraid* that they’d go with Willis eventually when he was drafted. I was the single biggest critic on this board of that draft pick from the very beginning. 

And yeah, I still think the most likely outcome is that Tannehill gets an extension! But we’ll know within the next couple weeks either way. 

Vegas disagrees with you on the Titans odds of landing Rodgers being literally 0% though - 

Green Bay - Even

Raiders +300

Jets +500

Titans +1000 (or roughly 9.1%)

Edited by tgo

18 minutes ago, cenj said:

I haven't paid attention to this or much else in the offseason; my assumption has been there's no way he comes to TN.

But the only thing I know for certain is that if Rodgers does somehow become a Titan, or if it comes out verifiably that the Titans tried to trade for him, then everyone will still shit on @tgo and tell him he was wrong.

The posters saying that the idea is stupid and would never happen? They will just say that it WAS stupid and shouldn't have happened, and therefore they are still right. Tgo will still be clueless to them. No reflection will happen, no admission of overestimated knowledge. 

The TR way.