Tanney is better than Ryan. AJ is better than Julio

Flarb

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

This also applies to NFL coaches.  You know, the ones who still started Mariota week 1 when a bunch of us on here were saying it was obvious during the preseason that Tannehill was the superior QB.  

We know why that was…

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you fucking Marge?    Because this is the most homer take I've seen, even for this board's standards.       

Right now I'd rather have Tannehill over Matt Ryan.    And you can't put AJ over Julio right now

Tannehill is a game manager at best. He fits right in our system. Thats all he is and its all he will ever be...

Posted Images

9 hours ago, WG53 said:

I think he is a good qb. But he isn't elite. He doesn't read defenses like an elite qb and he has not shown the ability to do much of anything without the running game going. Too reliant on big plays made from YAC. He's better than anything we have fielded in a long time but this board gives him more credit than he deserves.

Hes only played one game without Henry since hes been here and it was one of his best games as a titan. 2019 Week 15 against the saints. 227 3 tds no picks 133 qb rating with dion lewis and dalyn dawkins as his rbs.

This notion he sucks when Henry plays bad is bs. He plays bad when the offense is called predictably and they run henry into stacked boxes over and over again 1st and 2nd down for no or small gains then put tannehill in repeat 3rd and longs over and over throughout the course of the game. That saints game showed if the pass is utilized more and the offense is steered away from just running Henry hoping he breaks a long td it would be more effective and less predictable for d coordinators who play us.

4 minutes ago, japan said:

The same Robinson who is, and I quote 'lock-step with Vrabel on all football decisions?'

In terms of what style they want to play and who the coaches are - absolutely.  That's been more than proven or they'd have fired a bunch of coaches.......

Mariota was the one glaring disconnect and you damn well know it.  Vrabel and the coaches knew Tannehill was better but they weren't the ones who made him the highest paid player on the team........

Russini was right back then and Lombardi was too when he said it was the front office and not the coaches that gave Mariota the long leash.

Edited by BudsOilers

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Not really sure why Japan keeps on thinking that Vrabel had much say in the decision to start Mariota.

My stance has been that it was agreed before the season with ownership that they would give the #1 pick that they invested a lot of money into a shot to keep the job.  4 games turned into 6 because of a couple of wins.  Maybe Vrabel got sick of the agreement earlier than Robinson.  Who knows.  But the fact that Bud keeps saying how Robinson and Vrabel are lockstep with one another in all football decisions seems right and it doesn't make sense for Vrabel to go to the press unless Robinson also wanted to ditch Mariota.

2 hours ago, japan said:

My stance has been that it was agreed before the season with ownership that they would give the #1 pick that they invested a lot of money into a shot to keep the job.  4 games turned into 6 because of a couple of wins.  Maybe Vrabel got sick of the agreement earlier than Robinson.  Who knows.  But the fact that Bud keeps saying how Robinson and Vrabel are lockstep with one another in all football decisions seems right and it doesn't make sense for Vrabel to go to the press unless Robinson also wanted to ditch Mariota.

They prob were lockstep. They probably agreed that Mariota is most likely shit but they had to make 100p sure as it was a big investment. Jrob didn’t get Tannehill just as a backup.

12 hours ago, FinFaninNOVA said:

1. Tannehill has played one game without Henry. His passer rating was 133.6 in that game. 3 TDs/0 INTs.

2.  He ranked 17th in YAC for QBs last season. 

You don't have to think he is elite, but you don't get to make up your own facts to support your case. 

Make up my own facts? LOL

On 6/20/2021 at 5:45 PM, StephenIsLegend said:

Are you sure you know what you are watching? Because this isn’t a good take AT ALL. 

While he’s no top 5 talent it’s a lot easier to potentially argue he’s in a top 5 situation when you look at the sum total of the factors and overall fit to elevate him to his optimal upside. But he is not a top talent without his supporting cast. As much as I dislike Allen he did had better numbers than Tannehill with less supporting cast.

We all saw what happen when ratbirds made tannehill beat them, he flunked

9 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Hes only played one game without Henry since hes been here and it was one of his best games as a titan. 2019 Week 15 against the saints. 227 3 tds no picks 133 qb rating with dion lewis and dalyn dawkins as his rbs.

This notion he sucks when Henry plays bad is bs. He plays bad when the offense is called predictably and they run henry into stacked boxes over and over again 1st and 2nd down for no or small gains then put tannehill in repeat 3rd and longs over and over throughout the course of the game. That saints game showed if the pass is utilized more and the offense is steered away from just running Henry hoping he breaks a long td it would be more effective and less predictable for d coordinators who play us.

I am fully aware of his one game without Henry. It was a loss. I never said he sucks without Henry. I think he is good but not elite. He has elite talent around him.

The group think around here is pathetic at times.

On 6/20/2021 at 4:20 PM, reo said:

I wouldn't say ever... Brady was a game manager when he started. But that's about what Tannehill has been so far.

As for the game manager claim that's exactly what he is. Tannehill hasn't shown to be anything else in his career so why would he be valued differently? He's an amazing game manager and a perfect fit for this team but put him on a team that isn't structured as well and you don't hear much from him.

I'm not trying to throw shade at him. I like him and thought he had the potential to be a top 10 QB way back when he was in his first or second season. However, he is who he is at this point. I'm sure the Dolphins held him back but on the Titans he's just been a super efficient game manager. Just look at his playoff logs where in 4 games for the Titans he has an average of 134 yards.

2 minutes ago, WG53 said:

I am fully aware of his one game without Henry. It was a loss. I never said he sucks without Henry. I think he is good but not elite. He has elite talent around him.

The group think around here is pathetic at times.

He was actually playing an elite QB with a 14 pt lead if I recall correctly.

And he lost cause he didn't have Henry to close it out.

I don't get the idea that posters need to put him in elite status.

He's damn good...what's wrong with that.

Brees was elite. He dropped some dimes in that game 

Just now, bizzyeddie said:

He was actually playing an elite QB with a 14 pt lead if I recall correctly.

And he lost cause he didn't have Henry to close it out.

I don't get the idea that posters need to put him in elite status.

He's damn good...what's wrong with that.

Brees was elite. He dropped some dimes in that game 

That's my stance as well. The homers won't allow that opinion though.

3 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

As for the game manager claim that's exactly what he is. Tannehill hasn't shown to be anything else in his career so why would he be valued differently? He's an amazing game manager and a perfect fit for this team but put him on a team that isn't structured as well and you don't hear much from him.

I'm not trying to throw shade at him. I like him and thought he had the potential to be a top 10 QB way back when he was in his first or second season. However, he is who he is at this point. I'm sure the Dolphins held him back but on the Titans he's just been a super efficient game manager. Just look at his playoff logs where in 4 games for the Titans he has an average of 134 yards.

He definitely benefits from the offense that he plays in but that doesn't mean he can't continue to develop and get better. 

One of his best attributes is his gunslinger mentality. He'll take the shot and he's got a short memory when he makes a mistake. 

If he continues to start for the next few years and gets more experience seeing more looks that defenses show him, he could very easily continue to develop and become a top 5 QB.