Only half of NFL teams have 51 or more of their players that are vaccinated? That's absurd.

Oiler FANatic

1 minute ago, SleepingTitan said:

Not sure. 16 deaths out of 7M pop ain't bad. More people probably died of erotic asphyxiation

The current 7 day average in TN is 7 deaths per day.  Like you said, that's out of about 7M people.

California's 7 day average is 20 deaths per day out of 40M people.

Since you're obviously statistically challenged. California's death rate is currently half of TN's death rate.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

96% of all practicing physicians have been vaccinated.. what do we know that you don't know ?? you don't want to be on a ventilator your last few weeks of life without your family and loved ones being

The vaccine needs to be mandatory where the government has the authority to enforce it.  If you want to fly, show proof of vaccination.  If you want to teach where public money is involved, get vaccin

The lesson of the last few year is that it takes only a moment to post a lie or some conspiracy theory, but it takes 10 times that to refute it.  You can never keep up.  We just had an entire Presiden

Posted Images

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Yeah dude.  Information changes when things actually change.  The Delta variant didn't exist when it was originally opined that vaccinated people were less likely to spread the virus.

The CDC changing their recommendations based upon new findings with the Delta variant is called being responsible and accountable, not some kind of conspiracy or politically motivated agenda.

Bingo. People's opinions should change as the data dictates not what makes them feel good. For example, I was operating under the understanding that vaccinated people had a lower viral load because that's what the data said at the time. Now that we have new, more relevant data, my opinion and how I operate must change. It's not the end of the world. 

Edited by Mythos27

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Bingo. People's opinions should change as the data dictates not what makes them feel good. For example, I was operating under the understanding that vaccinated people had a lower viral load because that's what the data said at the time. Now that we have new, more relevant data, my opinion and how I operate must change. It's not the end of the world. 

You know who doesn't get enough blame in any of this?  The fucking WHO......

That said, the CDC showed no foresight in preparing for the Delta Variant while it was ravaging India for two months prior to their maskless, fully vaccinated guidance.  There was plenty of evidence that this variant was stronger and would result in another wave in the US before mid-May.

We also have no clue how many fully vaccinated people are running around with Covid.  In fact, we probably have never known the real number ever because you only know if you get tested....and let's not get into testing accuracy issues.

"Follow the science" has been a pretty liberal term when you objectively look at how fucked up the data collection is being used to make policy.

Edited by BudsOilers

Just now, BudsOilers said:

You know who doesn't get enough blame in any of this?  The fucking WHO......

That said, the CDC showed no foresight in preparing for the Delta Variant while it was ravaging India for two months prior to their maskless, fully vaccinated guidance.  There was plenty of evidence that this variant was stronger and would result in another wave in the US before mid-May.

I wonder if they thought that vaccination rates would be much higher by this point and thus the variant wouldn't be as big a problem as it's turning out to be? They certainly seem to have either under-estimated the variant or over-estimate how effective the vaccines would be against them.

1 minute ago, Mythos27 said:

I wonder if they thought that vaccination rates would be much higher by this point and thus the variant wouldn't be as big a problem as it's turning out to be? They certainly seem to have either under-estimated the variant or over-estimate how effective the vaccines would be against them.

I’d say it’s the second part. I think they may have thought more people would be jumping at the chance to get vaccinated because of a pandemic. 

9 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’d say it’s the second part. I think they may have thought more people would be jumping at the chance to get vaccinated because of a pandemic. 

Accounting for human behavior has to be the mother of all x-factors. At this point if a zombie apocalypse broke out I bet you could find some people more afraid of the vaccine than the virus. I'm only half joking.

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Exactly.  I was fully vaxed in April.  I continued wearing a mask in May and June out of respect for people who didn't have the ability to get vaxed as quickly as I did.

I stopped wearing a mask sometime in mid-June when locally we weren't required to wear them anymore.

I'm about to start wearing one again due to the new information and increasing infection rates.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Exactly.  I was fully vaxed in April.  I continued wearing a mask in May and June out of respect for people who didn't have the ability to get vaxed as quickly as I did.

I stopped wearing a mask sometime in mid-June when locally we weren't required to wear them anymore.

I'm about to start wearing one again due to the new information and increasing infection rates.

Yup. It's that easy when you're not a little cry-baby bitch making up conspiracy theories to justify not wearing a mask because it's uncomfortable. Masks suck for everyone but if it's going to save people's lives then it is what it is. 

On 6/15/2021 at 1:08 PM, oldschool said:

click bait. Every team but the Panthers is above 90% and the Panthers are at 80%. 

If this was even remotely accurate then please educate us on why are so many teams having trouble meeting the league guidelines? :lolabove:

21 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I’m fine with them not saving yours…

If only there was a disease that somehow targeted all of the Jenny McCarthy's in the world and removed them from the gene pool. :cool:

7 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Idk what you're seeing. I'll look again after work. TN had 16 people die yesterday. A week ago, like 3. Florida and Cali are the big contributions.

So did you check this out after work or what?

I want to hear your explanation for saying TN has one of the lowest case rates and then posting a link that proves TN has one of the highest case rates!

13 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy. I'm not one of those people. I understand they're doing their best with the information they have. I'm also doing the best with the lack of reliable information that's been given to me. 

In other news, TN remains one of the LOWEST Covid per 100k in the USA despite being 70% Republican and one of the least vaccinated:

https://wgntv.com/news/heres-how-much-each-state-is-adding-to-the-national-covid-bump/

Tennessee has a high test positivity rate, the ICU utilization is creeping higher, and has seen 10-20 thousand excess deaths since February 2021.

Y'all got your heads in the sand.