Falling behind, Trump campaign is requesting more debates

9 Nines

13 minutes ago, begooode said:

Agreed. Trump totally sees it as a positive to keep any wayward evangelicals inline, blinders firmly affixed, nose pinched and only too happy to vote for the pos.   Best pivot opportunity for him. 3.5 years in he’s not going to broaden his base in this crisis. Again, he’s gotta scare ‘em good and the immigrant song has waned dramatically. But you know that’s coming back, too, wrapped up with sanctuary cities affected by the demonstrations. 

Oh yeah there will suddenly be several caravans full of MS-13 rapists headed our way around September or so. For sure. 

Edited by 'Nator

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump campaign already backed down.  Biden's campaign said it would agree if they would make the debates like a prize fight and weigh both candidates with properly calibrated scales before the debate.

The candidate that is behind always wants more debates.

Trump is desperate at this point and more debates is the way to go.    But it's hilarious how the Trumpers think he would wipe the floor with Biden. The hype is pretty much impossible to liv

Posted Images

22 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Trump is desperate at this point and more debates is the way to go. 

But it's hilarious how the Trumpers think he would wipe the floor with Biden. The hype is pretty much impossible to live up to, When Biden doesn't drool on himself or stutter he'll be considered the winner and Trump could easily have some kind of meltdown like when the idiot he said he owned the government shutdown

On the other hand, it would be even more of an opportunity for Trump to make a mess of things.

5 hours ago, Omar said:

I can’t imagine any Trump supporter, or anyone in his administration wants him on stage in front of the world answering unscripted questions. 

I don't hate Biden as a person or anything, but at this particular juncture in time, the idea that the combined public speaking skill sets of both him and Trump would be on display as a show down of the two remaining people to take the title of Leader of the Free World is likely very embarrassing. 

4 hours ago, reo said:

Biden has been playing a very safe campaign and letting Trump bury himself. This is about trying to get Biden out there and create gaffs for Trump to attack.

Yes, an Biden and his folks know this all too well.  Still, at this point much like the last campaign I wonder how many people are truly trying to decide between the two, or else trying to figure out if it's even worth voting this time.

Last time there was a definite combination of I'm tired of DC's status quo and Trump will shake things up (and they were not wrong on that account) mixed with a ton of people who just didn't give enough of a crap about Hillary to vote for her.

Biden winning now will feel like the Academy giving a lifetime Oscar to some dude who was never really in the running for Best anything but stuck around a long time, did some solid work here and there and didn't piss everybody off. 

9 hours ago, Omar said:

That is fine, because for every silly thing Biden says, Trump will say multiple racist, divisive, illiterate things. 

And his low brow base will love every one.

8 hours ago, chef said:

I don't hate Biden as a person or anything, but at this particular juncture in time, the idea that the combined public speaking skill sets of both him and Trump would be on display as a show down of the two remaining people to take the title of Leader of the Free World is likely very embarrassing. 

Yes, an Biden and his folks know this all too well.  Still, at this point much like the last campaign I wonder how many people are truly trying to decide between the two, or else trying to figure out if it's even worth voting this time.

Last time there was a definite combination of I'm tired of DC's status quo and Trump will shake things up (and they were not wrong on that account) mixed with a ton of people who just didn't give enough of a crap about Hillary to vote for her.

Biden winning now will feel like the Academy giving a lifetime Oscar to some dude who was never really in the running for Best anything but stuck around a long time, did some solid work here and there and didn't piss everybody off. 

I think the difference is this time we have 3.5 years of a Trump presidency to view as evidence hes not capable of doing the job. Biden sucks but he's not a stain on the Presidency like Trump is. In some ways Biden is the perfect counter to Trump even though he's not a good candidate.

5 hours ago, oldschool said:

I think the difference is this time we have 3.5 years of a Trump presidency to view as evidence hes not capable of doing the job. Biden sucks but he's not a stain on the Presidency like Trump is. In some ways Biden is the perfect counter to Trump even though he's not a good candidate.

I concur.  Last time trump had the combo of the Shake Things Up crowd plus the Republican base that would vote for a pig if that were the candidate (many Dems would do same if it were their dog candidate). But yes some of those closer to sitting on the fence aren't thrilled with how the shaking occurred and will chose to let things unshake awhile. I.e. Biden, perceived as safe, in no small part but old white establishment guy. TBD if true.