Is KC our new non divisional rival?

kyle021

20 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I think the 2019 Ravens are one of the most underrated teams in recent memory. That 28-12 loss to the Titans was an amazing upset.

Baltimore was the first team in NFL history to average 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in the same year. Their 3296 yards rushing was also a record. There were 12 Ravens named to the Pro Bowl, plus another was added later giving them 13 total (the 2007 Cowboys are the only other team with 13 Pro Bowlers).

They ran an offense that, while not exactly a gimmick, was pretty tough to defend for most teams. Our D just happened to be well suited to stopping them and had a season's worth of film to study.

You can expect other NFL defenses to learn from what Pees did to them. Good defenses can probably replicate what the Titans did for the most part. If they can force Jackson to throw on 3rd and long and not give up long passes on the early downs, the Ravens aren’t so scary.

2 hours ago, kyle021 said:

That’s why I am asking. KC fans absolutely hate us. They hate us almost on a level that Titan fans hate Baltimore

Bullshit. Why the hell would they hate us? The Chiefs knocked us out on their way to a Lombardi party. They're the new King On The Hill. What's to hate whilst chugging victory champagne?

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

They ran an offense that, while not exactly a gimmick, was pretty tough to defend for most teams. Our D just happened to be well suited to stopping them and had a season's worth of film to study.

You can expect other NFL defenses to learn from what Pees did to them. Good defenses can probably replicate what the Titans did for the most part. If they can force Jackson to throw on 3rd and long and not give up long passes on the early downs, the Ravens aren’t so scary.

I am not sure what we did can be replicated. There are a few teams that on paper are much more talented than us. Where we shine and how we shut the ravens down was being technically sound. Every one played their part and that ended with the ravens having to play outside what they like 2. 

Idk how many teams have the sideline to side line speed and discipline we do. We are not the best defense but they are damn well coached.

I don’t think the Steelers or ravens are anymore. During the fisher era it always felt like any ravens or Steelers game was serious business. It’s been so uncompetitive for nearly a decade that this recent ratbird beat down just kind of felt like any other random team. 

At least with the chiefs we seem to face them nearly every year it seems whether in the regular season or the playoffs. We’re not schedule to face them this year but if we see them in the playoffs again and kick their ass it will become a grudge match.

6 minutes ago, Thrill said:

I don’t think the Steelers or ravens are anymore. During the fisher era it always felt like any ravens or Steelers game was serious business. It’s been so uncompetitive for nearly a decade that this recent ratbird beat down just kind of felt like any other random team. 

At least with the chiefs we seem to face them nearly every year it seems whether in the regular season or the playoffs. We’re not schedule to face them this year but if we see them in the playoffs again and kick their ass it will become a grudge match.

Were you a fan ( of age 10 at minimum or so) when the titans, ravens, and steelers would just destroy each other every year. If the afcc was not so brutal all 3 teams may have more rings.

9 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I think the 2019 Ravens were considered to be a much better team than the 2000 Titans were. That was a huge upset in Baltimore last January 11th.

Of course everyone forgot about the game quickly after what happened in KC the next day when the Texans choked away their 24-0 lead and lost 51-31.

I sincerely believe that there's a good chance the Ravens would have beaten the Chiefs if they had played them in the AFC Championship (at Baltimore).

Even now they still should be considered as one of the top teams in the NFL. Let's not forget how Jackson was a strong MVP candidate early last season.

The Texans screw us over even when we aren’t playing them. We would have demolished them in the AFC Championship if they hadn’t of choked away a 24 point lead. 

9 hours ago, Callidus said:

Were you a fan ( of age 10 at minimum or so) when the titans, ravens, and steelers would just destroy each other every year. If the afcc was not so brutal all 3 teams may have more rings.

Yes. I went to the infamous Crumpler fumble game  against the ravens when I was 16. Since then, when have we been competitive with the Steelers or Ravens? We blew up the team and didn’t make the playoffs for nearly 10 years after that game. For something to be a rivalry it has to be competitive. At least with KC it’s been competitive. 

Our division rivals are pretty legit though.

5 minutes ago, Thrill said:

Yes. I went to the infamous Crumpler fumble game  against the ravens when I was 16. Since then, when have we been competitive with the Steelers or Ravens? We blew up the team and didn’t make the playoffs for nearly 10 years after that game. For something to be a rivalry it has to be competitive. At least with KC it’s been competitive. 

Our division rivals are pretty legit though.

Idk if I would say obe team dominating making it non rivals. I am sure the jags see us as the biggest rival and we curb stomp them all the time.

22 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

I think the 2019 Ravens are one of the most underrated teams in recent memory. That 28-12 loss to the Titans was an amazing upset.

Baltimore was the first team in NFL history to average 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in the same year. Their 3296 yards rushing was also a record. There were 12 Ravens named to the Pro Bowl, plus another was added later giving them 13 total (the 2007 Cowboys are the only other team with 13 Pro Bowlers).

Now we just have to hope that it was Vrabel who came up with the brilliant defensive game plan to limit Lamar and not Pees...

Edited by japan

23 hours ago, Starkiller said:

You can expect them to try and figure out a way to slow down KC's offense as well, which obviously won't be as easy a task.

But even though the Ravens offense isn't so scary, their defense is still way better than the Chiefs, which doesn't scare anyone at all.