Biden Cabinet: Confirmation Hearings Underway

tgo

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is really rich coming from a Trump ball licker.

I actually like the barrage of tweets from @tgo. It lets me get a quick 10 minute update on what I missed. 

Honestly, I think it's pervasive in the lower ranks and more nuanced in the upper ranks.  Just like any other facet of life, everyone has bias.  For instance, most of the upper echelons of the Army ar

Posted Images

13 hours ago, tgo said:

Well her entire speech on Energy was about creating jobs through green energy, which is the perfect message on Climate policy.

Exactly..... I would frame the whole thing about a jobs creation program rather than climate policy 

On 12/19/2020 at 10:22 PM, No1TitansFan said:

Mayors deal with transit and traffic issues every day and they're the ones who have to implement the logistics how a lot of federal transportation dollars are spent; it's one of their largest concerns. Who is this hypothetical eminently better qualified candidate that got passed over? 

His qualifications in your mind are that he was a mayor?

He was a mayor of a town of 100,000 with 1,143 employees and an annual budget of $358 million.

The Transportation Department has 55,000 employees and a budget of $87 billion.

Most of what it does has nothing to do with what a mayor of a town of 100k would be doing. 

There are obviously many more qualified people even by your own standard. Any mayor of a larger city or any governor for example. 

It was clear that Pete was going to get a job in the administration when he dropped out and backed Biden. He wasn’t qualified to run a high level department but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with him running Transportation.

He is clearly smart. I don’t know his experience with McKinsey but it’s possible he did work related to transportation. And he was a mayor of a decent sized city. 

No, he isn’t the most qualified to get the job based on experience. But I suspect he will do fine regardless. 

Everyone in the party recognized that Pete was a really smart, articulate guy who represents the next generation at a time when there is a need to cultivate replacements for the old gaurd of  the party. He also is a spokes person for a demographic that has been previously shunned for cabinet level positions. You don't leave someone like that on the sidelines. He'll do just fine. 

• tgo changed the title to Biden Cabinet: Miguel Cardona for Education

I was reading that part of the reason for this pick is Cardona's push to safely reopen schools. 

Biden wants schools open next year, and wanted an Education Secretary that would push this. The Teachers' Union candidates obviously did not fit the bill. 

This would be a stupid pick. His seat is not safe, and it would take the immediate House Majority down to 2 seats. 

Of the other Reps that have been picked for the Cabinet, their seats are safe D. This seat would likely flip once a special election is held. 

• tgo changed the title to Biden Cabinet: Confirmation Hearings Underway