Biden VP Thread

tgo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trump supporters despise liars over all else!!!!

Republicans are such a fascinating lot. They’re still on Benghazi when we’ve lost at least 130k Americans and Russia is putting bounties on our soldiers without a single peep. 

At least let Joe get sworn in, what am I, some kind of monster?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Didnt he already say his running mate would be an african American woman?

No, only said it would be a woman.

He said that the next SCOTUS nominee would be a black female though, which I assume they did to hedge so that they could have the latitude to pick a white female VP if they chose to go that direction. 

43 minutes ago, tgo said:

No, only said it would be a woman.

He said that the next SCOTUS nominee would be a black female though, which I assume they did to hedge so that they could have the latitude to pick a white female VP if they chose to go that direction. 

Ahh that's it, it was the SCOTUS comment I was thinking off.

It makes more sense to me to pick a VP based on overall ability and competence than picking solely on sex and or ethnicity.

Biden is incompetent.  His running mate needs to be, as this person will undoubtedly take the helm if Biden is somehow elected. His mental regression will be bad in the next 4 years.

20 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Klobuchar seems like Tim Kaine redux

This...makes a lot of sense. Ugh. She doesn’t inspire anyone whatsoever. It has to be a play for the Midwest, but even that doesn’t make much sense seeing as the people Biden needs are the Sanders voters. The rest of us will vote for him regardless of the pick. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I don’t like this at all. I’m guessing he thinks she helps lock up the Midwest. 

This and their messages intertwine well. And they seem to get along well personally, and she has a lot of Washington experience to be trusted to take authority on things. 

Seems to be trust and loyalty between the two of them, whereas with Harris there is distrust and she is an unabashed opportunist, so maybe cant be trusted to “take one for the team” or not to stab Biden in the back if she decides she wants to go ahead and be president in 2024.  

I’ve been reading more about VP selection methodology lately and what I’ve discovered is that this ethos of the VP needing to add an element of excitement that the president lacks is not the number one concern of insider politicos contrary to popular belief. 

The number one concern is to first do no harm, and Harris has the potential to do that. Her style, her brand of California liberalism, and her focus on “identity and economic justice” (which is a form of Justice Democrat philosophy) turns off a lot of people. So Harris presents a big risk that Klobuchar doesn’t, even not considering Kamala’s opportunism and the fact that she slept her way into political power initially, which would undoubtedly be used to smear her. 

On the flip side, Harris could theoretically drive up black turnout in the Philly and Detroit urban areas to aid in winning swing states. But then again, it’s a safe assumption that black people will be enthusiastic voters to oust Trump regardless so maybe the black turnout driver aspect is over thinking it. And of course, choosing Harris would be rewarding loyal black female support for Biden which he rode to the nomination. 

The real question is who is more likely to win the presidency: Klobuchar or Harris. 

To me, the answer is obvious, and my biggest concern with Harris has always been that she would lose soundly in 2024 - it almost seems inevitable honestly. She is not a good candidate and is probably even less likable than Hillary to the majority of the country. 

In terms of who would be best suited to take over as president if something were to happen to Biden, Klobuchar is probably the most prepared of any of the likely VP candidates. I don’t think she brings much to the ticket compared to other options though.