Virus in US

pat

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the damndest thing....  Trump supporters making fun of Biden's mental status.    Seriously.  

MERS killed 866 people worldwide. Again, basic math.   Btw, in an entire year, the flu kills 3,500 - 15,500 in the US. They suspect some cases aren't identified and so they estimate up to 61

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Btowner said:

Typical response by a Trump supporter. Notice how they never mention the biggest liar in the nation. Everyone else is lying.

Game show hosts like Woolery and Trump have to stick together...

Edited by Starkiller

1 hour ago, Btowner said:

Typical response by a Trump supporter. Notice how they never mention the biggest liar in the nation. Everyone else is lying.

I went to high school with Chuck Woolery's son & am a FB "friend". Here's his post....

Looks like my dad's made a comment that caught the attention of President Trump who retweeted his, "Chuck's" comment...?

The president spent this morning sharing the public-health stylings of Chuck Woolery, the former host of Love Connection, who logged on to spout off some conspiratorial nonsense. Apparently, the president couldn't have said it better himself. So he retweeted it to his 83 million followers.

"The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most , [sic] that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is all about the election. I'm sick of it."

8 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

I went to high school with Chuck Woolery's son & am a FB "friend".

Did his kid walk around thinking he was cool because his dad was a cheesy game show host?

Just now, abenjami said:

Did his kid walk around thinking he was cool because his dad was a cheesy game show host?

actually not too bad...he played in a local bar band and was generally OK

now, he's a full blown Trumpster and spews all the crazy crap you'd expect.

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

Why didn't it happen to every other city?

2.5% of the pop. 25% of the deaths. You do realize that NY accounts for 6.25% of ALL GLOBAL DEATHS?

New York City got hit by the pandemic harder and faster than expected.  At the time, the CDC tests were limited and faulty.  There was no line of sight to the infection rate or community spread.  Very quickly after the first few deaths NY shut down.  All those deaths poured in *afterwards*.

Meanwhile, the rest of the country hasn't got the memo.  Y'all still think you are exempt from the laws of nature.  This pride is going to kill many many people.  By the time the deaths show up it's too late.

The combination of exponential growth and deaths trailing infections makes this disease very difficult to manage with "common sense".  You aren't prepared for this emergency.  It's not normal.

41 minutes ago, Come on Titans said:

I went to high school with Chuck Woolery's son & am a FB "friend". Here's his post....

I went to the same high school that Chuck did in Kentucky, the Ashland Tomcats. A lot of folks there worship the ground he walks on but he wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. He's a Hollywood elitist they claim to hate and his brain turned to mush when Obama got elected. 

3 hours ago, patsplat said:

New York City got hit by the pandemic harder and faster than expected.  At the time, the CDC tests were limited and faulty.  There was no line of sight to the infection rate or community spread.  Very quickly after the first few deaths NY shut down.  All those deaths poured in *afterwards*.

Meanwhile, the rest of the country hasn't got the memo.  Y'all still think you are exempt from the laws of nature.  This pride is going to kill many many people.  By the time the deaths show up it's too late.

The combination of exponential growth and deaths trailing infections makes this disease very difficult to manage with "common sense".  You aren't prepared for this emergency.  It's not normal.

Everything we do before people understand will seem like massive overkill. With hindsight, everyone will wonder why much more wasn't done early.

This is the pandemic catch-22.

I was in the frozen food aisle at Walmart today and wearing the mask like oldschool told me to when suddenly a 500 lb tub of lard growled at me like a dog so I growled back at him. Maybe 25% of the customers were wearing masks and even less were social distancing. I'm going to start using Instacart because I can't keep idiots out of my personal space. I've used them before but they always buy the wrong shit and I'm either stuck with it or have to make a special trip to exchange it. 

33 minutes ago, klaatu- said:

I was in the frozen food aisle at Walmart today and wearing the mask like oldschool told me to when suddenly a 500 lb tub of lard growled at me like a dog so I growled back at him. Maybe 25% of the customers were wearing masks and even less were social distancing. I'm going to start using Instacart because I can't keep idiots out of my personal space. I've used them before but they always buy the wrong shit and I'm either stuck with it or have to make a special trip to exchange it. 

I order from Kroger online and pick it up at the store, which is no extra charge since this all started. I haven’t set foot in the stores in months and they generally do a good job. I’d rather pick out my own stuff but I’d also rather not be around a bunch of people not wearing masks...

My mother uses Shipt and found one person she likes, tips her well, and let’s her know whoever she submits an order so she can take it.

Edited by Starkiller

I don’t think we need any more information to conclude Fauci was deliberately sidelined. 

But as Dr. Fauci’s public assessments of the outbreak became increasingly dire, Mr. Meadows and several press officials he brought to the White House began to tighten the access television reporters had to him, ignoring or blocking requests routed to them from the N.I.H.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/us/politics/fauci-trump-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

There’s also this from the same article: 

By early April, Dr. Fauci had received so many personal threats that he was assigned personal protection. The N.I.H. continues to turn over threats to the agency’s security force, said one official familiar with them.

How crazy do you have to be to threaten a 79 year old man?