Titans Pre-Draft Visits/Meeting Tracker

titanskick8851

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They need a RB to replace Lewis in the 11 personnel packages. That's not even in direct competition with Henry, they almost play different positions and have different roles. They could announce a 4 y

Just the price of business if you have a good roster    Better than the scenario under Webster/Tommy. 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Interesting that they used one of only two allowed weekly face time interviews on a WR.

If there was a good skill set to skill set long term replacement for Corey Davis it would be Denzel Mims, big fast physical WR who is known for his ability to destroy guys as a blocker.

4 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I know this isn’t reported contact, but Gibson definitely would have been one of our local visits. He is one of my favorite players in this draft. I would not even flinch/fret if we took him with our 2nd Round Pick. Such a unique player.

Going to be really interesting to see where he ends up going, sitting here right now i'm not sure he would make it all the way to our 3rd round pick at #93, pre-draft buzz was already building before he went out and ran a sub 4.4 40yd at the combine.

In his periscope today Davenport said the Titans brought in TCU WR Jalen Reagor in for a top 30 visit before the NFL shut down the visits.

Curious that they brought in Reagor for a visit and also recently used one of their scheduled face time interviews on Denzel Mims, both guys are fringe first round WR's and both should be taken in the first 40-45 picks.

Everyone so focused on patching holes on defense...

Think about it this way:  wouldn’t you like a receiver who could show up like Khalif Raymond in-the-clutch, but all the time? Would you like a receiver who can win contested catches when teams focus on taking away AJ Brown?

So yeah, they’re kicking the tires on receivers. It’s very thick on arguable or borderline first-round talent that should last well through the first two rounds. 

Reagor has had some drops as PFF pointed out. That’s the only thing that worries me, but I’m intrigued. His 4.47 was supposed to be a 4.35 but he can burn.  Mims was mocked a lot to Green Bay at 30 after the combine. He could go higher than that.

When you look at the draft, there’s a lot of guys I think would pair well with Brown in 2021 if they feel like going that way. 

Or they could draft some depth later, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they give Tannehill some arm love.

7 hours ago, GLinks said:

Everyone so focused on patching holes on defense...

Think about it this way:  wouldn’t you like a receiver who could show up like Khalif Raymond in-the-clutch, but all the time? Would you like a receiver who can win contested catches when teams focus on taking away AJ Brown?

So yeah, they’re kicking the tires on receivers. It’s very thick on arguable or borderline first-round talent that should last well through the first two rounds. 

I'm really not interested all in spending a valuable pick on someone who will get the ball 2-3 times per game.  Lewis was a very seldomly used RB , yet he had far more touches than any of our receivers.  Getting a good #2 RB makes a lot more sense.

2 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I'm really not interested all in spending a valuable pick on someone who will get the ball 2-3 times per game.  Lewis was a very seldomly used RB , yet he had far more touches than any of our receivers.  Getting a good #2 RB makes a lot more sense.

Depends on if those 2-3 times a game are game breakers that forces the defense to adjust. 

6 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Haha. I’m not either.

That last part is very debatable. 

On one hand, drafting a RB on day 1-2 creates a strong argument that you wasted a pick on offense instead of defense and sent the wrong message to Henry.

So if you get Henry to sit, you’ve already weakened the offense from the RB position. If you overplay the new RB you potentially diminish Henry’s effectiveness.

I like Antonio Gibson from Memphis because he can carry the ball, run actual receiver routes, be on the field with Henry, and contribute in the return game.

I like Chase Claypool from Notre Dame because at 6’4” 237 he ran a 4.42, had great production as a receiver, could hybridize as a TE to help that group since it’s a weak TE draft, and is a fantastic gunner on STs. 

Both guys can take the top off a defense and are dangerous in the open field.

We’re not talking Khalif Raymond. We’re talking about a dynamic playmaker who can impact in two or three phases now and add to what we already have.

On March 26, 2020 at 1:49 AM, GLinks said:

Reagor has had some drops as PFF pointed out. That’s the only thing that worries me, but I’m intrigued. His 4.47 was supposed to be a 4.35 but he can burn.  Mims was mocked a lot to Green Bay at 30 after the combine. He could go higher than that.

When you look at the draft, there’s a lot of guys I think would pair well with Brown in 2021 if they feel like going that way. 

Or they could draft some depth later, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they give Tannehill some arm love.

His jumps are insane though, 42 inch vertical. 4.48 is plenty fast, plus he's thick, strong kid with tons of "twitch". He's a great vertical guy as well as a gadget type in the Deebo Samuel mold.  I love him, gives us the vertical threat we need while adding to an already great group of "YAC" guys.

On March 25, 2020 at 3:26 PM, Callidus said:

Morgan did quite often as well. Wake did not because he was signed to play a role. We are talking about a starter here. If either clowney or any draft pick gets picked to play a combo of edge and dl. When they play olb they need to be able to cover.

If not they are a back up or they are playing the casey role and not worth very much.

Of course there's always going to be a handful of plays where a guy like Clowney may drop back into coverage but 95% of the time he'll be setting the edge/rushing the QB on early downs & rushing the QB on passing downs.  No 270-280 lb edge can actually cover, if they're asked to drop back its just to fill an area left open in a zone blitz a few times a game.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Of course there's always going to be a handful of plays where a guy like Clowney may drop back into coverage but 95% of the time he'll be setting the edge/rushing the QB on early downs & rushing the QB on passing downs.  No 270-280 lb edge can actually cover, if they're asked to drop back its just to fill an area left open in a zone blitz a few times a game.

Ima say this one last time. I was the first one yo say 280 pound guys are pure line guys but like you said once in a blue moon drop back plays.

Clowney wants arron donald money, if he wants that he needs to be abke to do everything. Not caseys job.....

• Jonboy unpinned this topic