Senior Bowl Discussion

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are they any injured top players at their position coming out this year?

The road to the NFL Draft in Vegas really ramps up today with the start of Senior Bowl week, disappointing how many players have pulled out of the Senior Bowl via injuries over recent weeks.  

In a Vrabel/Smith offense I would hate to use a first rounder on a WR, we can't find enough targets for the weapons we have now let alone bringing in another premium pick, saying that I wouldn't be su

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Zero reports of any meeting, JRob doing a good job on hiding who we are meeting with.

T. Davenport reporting that we met with Anae.  Is he a situational pass rusher or every down guy?  Might be just the former.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Looks like a prime spot to replace Conklin. Will be hard to get an edge rusher at 29. RT makes a ton of sense.

The options we have at 29 are largely going to depend on what happens with the WR in the first round, if teams ahead of us pass on the WR knowing they can get another one that is almost as good on day 2 our options at 29 could be limited, on the flip side if there is a run on the top WR before we pick there are a couple of guys that might slip through to us.

Some early names to keep an eye on

TCU CB Jeff Gladney

Houston OT Josh Jones

Alabama Edge Terrell Lewis

Penn St Edge Yetur Gross-Matos

USC OT Austin Jackson

LSU Edge K'Lavon Chaisson (do think he is likely gone by 29 but stranger things have happened)

Colorado WR Laviska Shenault Jnr (he is considered more an offensive weapon than just WR could be a very good 3rd down RB)

Georgia RB D'Andre Swift

Ohio St RB J.K. Dobbins

TCU WR Jalen Reagor (I wouldn't take a WR early but if they want a true deep threat Reagor is a low 4.3 guy maybe even high 4.2)

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The options we have at 29 are largely going to depend on what happens with the WR in the first round, if teams ahead of us pass on the WR knowing they can get another one that is almost as good on day 2 our options at 29 could be limited, on the flip side if there is a run on the top WR before we pick there are a couple of guys that might slip through to us.

Some early names to keep an eye on

TCU CB Jeff Gladney

Houston OT Josh Jones

Alabama Edge Terrell Lewis

Penn St Edge Yetur Gross-Matos

USC OT Austin Jackson

LSU Edge K'Lavon Chaisson (do think he is likely gone by 29 but stranger things have happened)

Colorado WR Laviska Shenault Jnr (he is considered more an offensive weapon than just WR could be a very good 3rd down RB)

Georgia RB D'Andre Swift

Ohio St RB J.K. Dobbins

TCU WR Jalen Reagor (I wouldn't take a WR early but if they want a true deep threat Reagor is a low 4.3 guy maybe even high 4.2)

Can Shenault returns kicks as well?  That would enhance his value.  I think Moss is more of a round 2 guy.  I think Chiasson is gone before 29.  The RB's I hadn't really thought about. I guess they could fall to 29 (Swift anyway).  Isn't Andrew Thomas supposed to be in late round 1 anyway?

Outside of WR, what other positions are the "strength" of this draft?  If there is a run on WR in round 2, could the Titans have a CB/OT/edge/ guy drop to them that would have gone earlier?  Reading the draft pundits, makes it sound like Round 2 is when WR are going to go off the board.

Edited by rns90

4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Can Shenault returns kicks as well?  That would enhance his value.  I think Moss is more of a round 2 guy.  I think Chiasson is gone before 29.  The RB's I hadn't really thought about. I guess they could fall to 29 (Swift anyway).  Isn't Andrew Thomas supposed to be in late round 1 anyway?

Outside of WR, what other positions are the "strength" of this draft?  If there is a run on WR in round 2, could the Titans have a CB/OT/edge/ guy drop to them that would have gone earlier?

Shenault had a kick return TD in 2017 and a 54yd return in 2019 he doesn't do it regularly though.

In terms of the strength of this draft WR/OT are the clear best position groups, with some guys returning to CFB and some injury concerns i'm not a fan of the CB group outside the first 40-50 picks so if you want a decent one you need to go early, there are some decent options at EDGE but the depth really falls away after the top 70-80 picks.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Shenault had a kick return TD in 2017 and a 54yd return in 2019 he doesn't do it regularly though.

In terms of the strength of this draft WR/OT are the clear best position groups, with some guys returning to CFB and some injury concerns i'm not a fan of the CB group outside the first 40-50 picks so if you want a decent one you need to go early, there are some decent options at EDGE but the depth really falls away after the top 70-80 picks.

Probably OT/CB in round 1 and 2 then.  I think they can hold off on edge until round 3 or later, if they spend major money on EDGE in FA (as expected). They could also sign a CB to a mid level contract.   I think they might target #2 RB in round 3 or 4, maybe a WR in that range as well.  So many unknowns as of this point.  It kinds of makes it fun too, especially at the end of round 1 where there isn't much of a difference with players 25-40.

I think a trade down out of round 1 could happen too,

15 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Probably OT/CB in round 1 and 2 then.  I think they can hold off on edge until round 3 or later, if they spend major money on EDGE in FA (as expected). They could also sign a CB to a mid level contract.   I think they might target #2 RB in round 3 or 4, maybe a WR in that range as well.  So many unknowns as of this point.  It kinds of makes it fun too, especially at the end of round 1 where there isn't much of a difference with players 25-40.

I think a trade down out of round 1 could happen too,

If JRob doesn't bring Conklin back OT would be odds on favorite with our first pick in the 2020 Draft.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

This is not the first time I have seen Matt Miller mention Anae as a good fit for the Titans to go opposite Landry.

Bradlee Anae dominated Saturday just like he did all season as Utah’s primary edge-rusher. The South team's offensive line couldn't stop Anae’s power, hand use and speed. He came into the week as a Round 2-3 player but moved up the board with continued good play.

Franchises that want a bigger edge-rusher to pair with speed on the outside will have to take a look at the 6'3", 265-pounder's profile. Anae is perfect for a team like the Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens or San Francisco 49ers who want power to pair with speed

With back-to-back-to-back pressures and two sacks during one stretch in the game, Anae simply took over and couldn’t be stopped. He could be a top-50 player in this year’s draft.

5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Zero reports of any meeting, JRob doing a good job on hiding who we are meeting with.

Been a while but doesnt the losing team in the conference championship games coach each team? Are we not coaching one? I haven't paid attention. If we are, we've met with just about everyone lol

5 minutes ago, reo said:

Been a while but doesnt the losing team in the conference championship games coach each team? Are we not coaching one? I haven't paid attention. If we are, we've met with just about everyone lol

No at the Senior Bowl its usually the teams with the worst record unless there is a coaching change at one of those teams.