Tannehill Named Titans Starter

big2033

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I don't believe this at all. 

Robinson wanted his own guy, period. He may have used the QB's development as a reason to get his own guy. 

The scarier issue is the GM didn't know it was the QB heading into this season and that's frightening. 

I said in the Mularkey fired thread I wouldn't have changed my staff either if I knew that wasn't the problem, which Mularkey knew. Mularkey knew more about offense than all these dumb dumbs

Not a bad perspective either. I don't know enough to argue about it either way.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live look-in at Corey Davis.   

I feel bad now that it happened.  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The lesson is don't buy into hyperbole. No coach should be able to ruin a person/QB. Especially one that directly helped steady a franchise. The stance never made sense.

In the end it seems like the GM wasn't sure if the passing issues were on the coach or QB. So he made a change to find out. Sad but true. That said, this is always the way it goes in the NFL. The coach is blamed before the QB.

Actually the question for the GM is can this guy win more than a wild card playoff game. His determination and most of the board was that he couldn’t and it was better to roll with someone else. 

16 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Robinson wanted his own guy, period. He may have used the QB's development as a reason to get his own guy. 

The scarier issue is the GM didn't know it was the QB heading into this season and that's frightening. 

I said in the Mularkey fired thread I wouldn't have changed my staff either if I knew that wasn't the problem, which Mularkey knew. Mularkey knew more about offense than all these dumb dumbs

Didn't he know? he went and got a "backup" and possibly the only realistically available "backup" who'd have a good chance at competing for the starting role. It just didn't seem like the competition was approved to happen by someone else. JR doesn't set the depth chart right?

19 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Don’t forget that Oilerman was a huge Mularkey guy and continues to be passive aggressive in his criticism of JRob

Just now, big2033 said:

Not a bad perspective either. I don't know enough to argue about it either way.

I followed it very closely because I was already 100% sure the problems with the offense were Mariota and I wanted to hear what Robinson said. He never once said a word about Mariota's development or that having anything to do with Mularkey getting fired. He said the talent was not maximized and the plan was to do better than  the divisional round.

In hindsight Mularkey knew offense way better than this current group, getting rid of Matthews(Robinson gave him an extension!), MM and Henry

5 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

Didn't he know? he went and got a "backup" and possibly the only realistically available "backup" who'd have a good chance at competing for the starting role. 

He didn't get RT to compete for the starting role, that was made clear

4 minutes ago, japan said:

Don’t forget that Oilerman was a huge Mularkey guy and continues to be passive aggressive in his criticism of JRob

Huge Mularkey guy? That's a stretch. I def thought he did a very good job and was unfairly blamed for a bad QB

10 minutes ago, japan said:

most of the board was that he couldn’t and it was better to roll with someone else. 

One thing that has become abundantly clear in all of this is on the whole the Nashville media and fan base are grossly ignorant and lacking NFL knowledge. 

The Nashville media is an utter joke

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He didn't get RT to compete for the starting role, that was made clear

If the instructions were Marcus was going to be given a chance in 2019 to earn a new deal without having to compete during camp, and that came from higher than JR, then going out and getting a backup like RT was about as much as he could do. Without knowing the full situation I don't think you can say JR didn't know Marcus was an issue, in some scenarios getting RT may actually be quite masterful as he was enough of a backup caliber player to not seem to be expecting failure by Marcus but being capable enough to possibly be an upgrade when it does inevitably happen.

5 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

If the instructions were Marcus was going to be given a chance in 2019 to earn a new deal without having to compete during camp, and that came from higher than JR, then going out and getting a backup like RT was about as much as he could do. Without knowing the full situation I don't think you can say JR didn't know Marcus was an issue, in some scenarios getting RT may actually be quite masterful as he was enough of a backup caliber player to not seem to be expecting failure by Marcus but being capable enough to possibly be an upgrade when it does inevitably happen.

I've got some thoughts I was going to post but there is no doubt Robinson def had a big say in who the starting QB was. It's laughable they also wanted to see MM play with Lewan a few games, why? They also lost both games. 

11 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I've got some thoughts I was going to post but there is no doubt Robinson def had a big say in who the starting QB was. It's laughable they also wanted to see MM play with Lewan a few games, why? They also lost both games. 

It's more laughable because they saw him play with Lewan all last season. 

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The fact he went out and acquired a quality backup like Tannehill indicates he had serious concerns about Mariota.

That's my thinking as well. And depending on who was calling the shots on the starting job, that's about as much as you can do without outright defiance. Although RT being an insurance policy doesn't really suggest who was pushing for MM as starter, it could have been JR still.

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Well he was starting threads non stop bashing the shit out of Mularkey/Robeski and the offense.... The defense is saving the day! Laughed at anyone(me) that dared even suggest it was the QB not the coaches. He was posting non stop then. 

Around the same time he realized he was wrong he stopped posting much in the Titans section.

Was it a coincidence? 

I still maintain Mularkey wouldn’t have gotten us over the hump, but the QB situation is undeniable.