Sign in to follow this  
Alcibiades

Rookies. Will any help us this year?

japan   
5 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

Kenny V hasn't started a full 16 since 2015 (his only full season.) He averages 13/season. I expect to see Hooker at some point. 

NFL Network is projecting Nate Davis to start at RG despite recent reports. Kind of a big jump to go from UNC Charlotte to NFL starter in a few months?

I've seen some comments about Roberson in camp. If he makes the team, I'm gonna be looking for him to clutch in packages. 

Maybe this guy doesn’t remember Roos from East Washington....

TWR   

I watched Roberson all night. Sadly came away unimpressed. Was hoping he would be a steal, but he didn’t have a good showing game 1. Maybe he will make some jumps along the way this preseason, but seems destined for PS right now 

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I still think Brown will start, likely very early. Hooker will play a lot

Just can't see Brown making a significant impact early, at best when he returns he is WR4 behind Davis/Humphries/Sharpe, he will also be behind Walker and maybe even Lewis as a receiving option early in the season.

Also Mike Keith and Jim Wyatt have both hinted that Brown was struggling with the complexity of playing WR at NFL level even before he was injured.

Supdawg   
14 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just can't see Brown making a significant impact early, at best when he returns he is WR4 behind Davis/Humphries/Sharpe, he will also be behind Walker and maybe even Lewis as a receiving option early in the season.

Also Mike Keith and Jim Wyatt have both hinted that Brown was struggling with the complexity of playing WR at NFL level even before he was injured.

Following his Twitter feed, he doesn't appear to be super sharp. Anyone know his wonderlic score?

GOAT9   
15 hours ago, japan said:

Maybe this guy doesn’t remember Roos from East Washington....

Youre out of your damned mind if you think Davis is anything near Roos.

Face   

With Brown it all comes down to the injury. I hate to say it but just like the Corey Davis injury I had a bad feeling when Brown pulled the hammy even back in minicamp. But when he pulled it again on the 1st day of camp I really started to doubt the impact he’d have, at least early.

That said,oftentimes with rookies they don’t come around until mid year or so. Evans being a perfect example, he was an absolute stud Kate year. Landry also looked a lot better the last month.

I can certainly see Hooker replacing Vaccaro later in the season, hes probably better in college already. And hopefully Brown starts making an impact around midseason, WR’s often take a little while.

And I don’t mean to sound negative but I expected nothing out of Walker this year anyway. He didn’t play much in college & frankly I don’t know why anybody expected him to come close to beating out Finch for the 3rd spot. Finch is a serious player, what a steal last year.

OILERMAN   
5 minutes ago, Face said:

I can certainly see Hooker replacing Vaccaro later in the season, hes probably better in college already.

Vaccaro was just signed to an extension, he's not getting replaced. They'll just play a lore mor big nickel with 3 safeties 

Rookie WRs always have a hard time now since college offenses and defenses are so simple. Add in the injury causing so much missed time and my expectations for Brown have pretty much dropped to nothing.

5 hours ago, Face said:

And I don’t mean to sound negative but I expected nothing out of Walker this year anyway. He didn’t play much in college & frankly I don’t know why anybody expected him to come close to beating out Finch for the 3rd spot. Finch is a serious player, what a steal last year.

Agreed. I never understood the pick, to be honest. But Walker's upside depends on getting good coaching. He's a good athlete, but plays out of control at times. Missing a year could really set him back and may cost him an NFL career. I hate to sound cynical, but I'm serious.

FRT   

Injuries baby, next man up.  1 to 53 including PS will contribute at some point.  Let’s hope it doesn’t get to Woodside.  Gotta like where things are on the roster vs. RW days.

Hooker has been running with the ones wich will bode well for us playing all the good QBs we have on our schedule.  I have measured hope that Browm will contribute. With the help we have added at WR and Corey Davis making a year two leap and Walker back on the field, the 2nd and third string WR depth should have a chance to be productive. I also have high hopes for A. Smith to catch a few teams by surprise not knowing what to expect from us offensively from a rookie OC. We are the dark horse with no one knowing what MM will have this year. He as a great opportunity to make a big impact.