Well Done Jon Robinson

AvgJoe

This really was an A+ draft for Robinson.  We came into this offseason with a lot of unknowns.  Most people felt that they might be able to address one guard position but not both.  At least not satisfactorily.  There were huge questions on the DL and where the heck was the pass rush going to come from?  On top of that, the offense was anemic and it's okay to say you're a run-first team but this is a passing league and there will be times where you HAVE to pass if you want to compete with teams like the Colts.  

Robinson addressed every single position of need and in my mind upgraded both guard spots, the WR room, the pass rush, the defensive line/run defense, depth across the board, STs, and the backup QB spot.

He's probably not finished yet either.  I felt like we were in a good spot last offseason but we weren't as complete a team as I thought.  ON PAPER, this looks like a potentially really good football team.  The schedule is brutal and there are still a ton of question marks with the starting QB and yes the starting RB but I feel really good about the team as a whole and Robinson deserves a ton of credit for that.

On top of all of that, even if Mariota struggles to stay healthy, Tannehill can step in without a dramatic drop off in production and the Titans will be in a good spot to take a QB in next year's draft.  

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus Christ. Jake is one sad individual. Not only is he dumb as rocks, he also seems to easily get bent out of shape by anonymous people on the internet.    Momma should have swallowed him

Robinson has upgraded the roster big time since he got here. Maybe faint praise considering what he inherited   Not only has he upgraded position groups but he's improved the overall depth. 

So... we're right back where we started? ?

JRob has done a good job and I think the Tanneyhill trade is the key to the next few years. If Mariota struggles or gets hurt then RT can win in the NFL. He is also a bridge to a rookie in the 2020draft class. If MM can't get it together there is a real option this season as compared to last year.