Mariota Convenes the Receivers

tgo

6 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I’m not just talking head coaches. I’m talking QB coach as well. Offensive coordinator. 

And I agree on the last part; it is foolish to rest the ultimate survival on the coaches. The player has to be coachable. But what you seem to be getting at is that coaches have little impact, and I wholeheartedly disagree with that notion. 

If Mariota fails, you can’t place blame PURELY on Mariota. You have to place blame on the FO at the time as well. 

Are you honestly telling me that you think the FO has put Mariota in the best position to succeed?

Coaches have impact on HOW GREAT a player will be. But a player has to have "it" already. But I expect the player to have some level of success regardless of coach.

QB's like WIlson were showing signs early, and simply kept growing.

We have a QB that has been average across the board.

Then you have Andrew Luck that was already good-to-great ... exploded with a coaching upgrade. But Luck was never average.

That's the difference. We haven't had an above average season from Mariota. Just average to bad.

We should be arguing about a coaching staff turning him from good to great. You're not going to be able to make average players great. They'll have to do it themselves.

Edited by big2033

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Returning receivers Corey Davis, Tajae Sharpe, Taywan Taylor, Darius Jennings and Cameron Batson were among those on the field with Mariota, along with tight end MyCole Pruitt. Tight ends Delanie Wal

"Marcus Mariota gathers receivers to practice limp-wristed rainbow throws and new ways to drop anything catchable...."

Your argument is really tiresome. Even 8mm and TDF aren’t comparing him to Rodgers or Wilson. The question has always been can he stay healthy and actually develop. I doubt it, but the fact you co tin

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, 8MM said:

If he says he's a poor passer yet wants him here this year, makes sense to you?  Regardless of the situation, a poor passer shouldn't be on a team. 

giphy.gif

Yes. The options outside of not giving him another shot are not great right now. The other option would be to bring in a starter like Tannehill ... oh wait. That's what we did.

The NFL is littered with poor QB play.

Edited by big2033

5 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Coaches have impact on HOW GREAT a player will be. But a player has to have "it" already. But I expect the player to have some level of success regardless of coach.

QB's like WIlson were showing signs early, and simply kept growing.

We have a QB that has been average across the board.

Then you have Andrew Luck that was already good-to-great ... exploded with a coaching upgrade. But Luck was never average.

That's the difference. We haven't had an above average season from Mariota. Just average to bad.

We should be arguing about a coaching staff turning him from good to great. You're not going to be able to make average players great. They'll have to do it themselves.

Luck was never average? Hahah. Dude, everyone laughs at @Face‘s famous Andrew Locker thread now, but it had merit then.  

Coaching helps more than you think. 

However, we are just talking in circles. I’m going to agree to disagree. 

12 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Luck was never average? Hahah. Dude, everyone laughs at @Face‘s famous Andrew Locker thread now, but it had merit then.  

Coaching helps more than you think. 

However, we are just talking in circles. I’m going to agree to disagree. 

Who cares what Face thinks? He was a HUGE minority in that thinking. Luck was always carrying his team. I've always believed that.

Anyone could see that and the league knew. And he still had a 40td season with a worse staff and a worse o-line and no running game. THAT is a franchise QB. No matter what, he's the best player on the field ... because ... he's the best player on the field.

Edited by big2033

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

Yes. The options outside of not giving him another shot are not great right now. (Why would you give a poor passer another shot?)  The other option would be to bring in a starter like Tannehill ... oh wait. That's what we did.

The NFL is littered with poor QB play. 

You and Oman are literally sooooooooooo stupid that it boggles the mind.

tenor.gif?itemid=10041229

8 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Welp, there's 3 QBs on the Titans currently, so I guess it's time to trade him in the draft.

Save that cap space JRob, you can probably get a 4th this year, or a 3rd next year for him.

Let Tannehill do the heavy lifting.

Not worth it.

19 minutes ago, 8MM said:

You and Oman are literally sooooooooooo stupid that it boggles the mind.

tenor.gif?itemid=10041229

It's not worth getting rid of him. Better to let it play out. Simple. You want it to be black and white but its not.

2 hours ago, big2033 said:

Who cares what Face thinks? He was a HUGE minority in that thinking. Luck was always carrying his team. I've always believed that.

Anyone could see that and the league knew. And he still had a 40td season with a worse staff and a worse o-line and no running game. THAT is a franchise QB. No matter what, he's the best player on the field ... because ... he's the best player on the field.

Because Face carries more football acumen than most on this board. He is a respected poster. And I just bring that thread up because Luck hasn’t always looked great. 

Lol. Okay, then. I’ll let you continue with thinking coaching barely matters. I’m clearly not changing your mind. 

48 minutes ago, big2033 said:

It's not worth getting rid of him. Better to let it play out. Simple. You want it to be black and white but its not.

I didn't make it out to be black or white, you guys did with your Marcus statements. 

49 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Because Face carries more football acumen than most on this board. He is a respected poster. And I just bring that thread up because Luck hasn’t always looked great. 

Lol. Okay, then. I’ll let you continue with thinking coaching barely matters. I’m clearly not changing your mind. 

More acumen than ... every scout and owner in the NFL? Ok ... and turns out ... he was completely wrong ... lol. Face was coming at Luck after a 40 TD season followed by his injury.  That's the hill you want to die on? 

If Luck is the indicator of great-to-bad Mariota is in a LOT of trouble.

Face went WAAAY against the grain. If not for the injury it's the equivalent of 520 going at Russell Wilson. It never made sense.

Edited by big2033

34 minutes ago, 8MM said:

I didn't make it out to be black or white, you guys did with your Marcus statements. 

Cam Newton is a bad thrower ... and yet ... 

So ... again, it's not as black and white as you think. You just see black regarding any Mariota criticism because you're so into him.

31 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

It will be worth it if we don't have to read your bitching, sniveling and other assorted blather for the next 12 months until the contract runs out.

Knowing you get your panties in a bunch over Mariota criticism makes it 100% worth it for me so ... too bad LOL.

28 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Cam Newton is a bad thrower ... and yet ... 

So ... again, it's not as black and white as you think. You just see black regarding any Mariota criticism because you're so into him.

I can live with the criticism but not with stupid statements like he's a bad passer but he still should be on my team.   Who the hell does that?  Only idiots from what I can tell. 

Jrob better cut that bad passer off his team.  No room for bad players.