Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Mariota Convenes the Receivers

GoodToGo   

I hope the receivers tell him to step it up, improve his mechanics, etc. He has no business on an NFL field the way he plays now. I’m not knocking the man. Just the player. 

OILERMAN   
7 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You said yourself just this past season Tom Brady is about to fall off. 

What does that have to do with anything? Scine's post was 5 years ago

OILERMAN   

I knew TitanRuss was all about defending VY and Mariota, I had no memory of his laughable defense of Locker too, Jesus. Locker better than Luck!

big2033   
6 hours ago, titanruss said:

Brady on the titans would have been out of the league or a career backup. 

Coaching and grooming matters immensely. 

Sure there are guys who will be great regardless. But those are fewer than ones needed to be put in the right spot and allowed to grow into greatness. 

Yeah and Jake Locker puts up better stats than Andrew Luck. 

Justafan   
15 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

He’s a poor passer, period 

Have you moved past the point where you see any hope of him becoming a polished enough passer to be the long term answer here?

Justafan   
18 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Yeah and Jake Locker puts up better stats than Andrew Luck. 

To be fair, Luck did look a bit overrated his first couple of years in.  He still won 11 games a year and was putting up TDs and there was no question he was a long term answer at QB but he was hyped as the most amazing thing ever coming out and that really didn't blossom until his third year in the league.  Then it was just a matter of health because they left him hanging out to dry with that shitty ass Oline.  There was never any question he was better than Locker, a sub 60% ish passer who could never stay on the field and the Colts whooped the Titans every time they played even with a worse roster with the exception of their QB. 

OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Have you moved past the point where you see any hope of him becoming a polished enough passer to be the long term answer here?

He's so far from being a polished passer. He was working on simple basics last off season and the team is building the offense around Henry. He's got all the traits of a bad NFL passer, bad in the pocket, wait for them to come open, bails from the pocket instead of executing the play etc.....

In a historic age of passing he's one of the sparest passing QBs in the league. It's just absurd watching people try and explain away his production. 

OILERMAN   
16 minutes ago, Justafan said:

To be fair, Luck did look a bit overrated his first couple of years in.  

If you(them) couldn't watch Luck and Locker play and see that Luck was on a whole different level than Jake Locker they're pretty hopeless in terms of judging QBs. 

Justafan   
1 minute ago, OILERMAN said:

He's so far from being a polished passer. He was working on simple basics last off season and the team is building the offense around Henry. He's got all the traits of a bad NFL passer, bad in the pocket, wait for them to come open, bails from the pocket instead of executing the play etc.....

In a historic age of passing he's one of the sparest passing QBs in the league. It's just absurd watching people try and explain away his production. 

Appreciate the insight.  I'm still holding out hope but I guess I'm just an optimist.  I see the signs and recognize he has to get better and stay healthy to have any chance.  

Justafan   
2 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

If you(them) couldn't watch Luck and Locker play and see that Luck was on a whole different level than Jake Locker they're pretty hopeless in terms of judging QBs. 

Fair.

Justafan   
3 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Yeah and mularkey was a good coach! 

He was good enough to get Mariota to have a 26 td year and then the next year take them to the playoffs and win on the road against KC.

I won't argue that Mularkey was an elite coach but clearly he was better than a lot of other options.

big2033   
17 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Luck was vastly overrated then. Not so much now. 

LOL he had 40 TDs and 16 INTs in his third year., led the league in TDs and led the Colts to the playoffs for his third straight year at 11-5.

When was he "vastly overrated?"