• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same!

Bates and the Titans    

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TitanRein27 said:

If you want an older veteran star................ SIGN EARL THOMAS - NOT - oldmanwake!

Oooopppsssss... too late, as usual!

Why?

So you can replace Byard with him?

Sorry Rein, but that makes no sense whatsoever.  Safety wasn't the problem.  Especially with KV re-signed.

47 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think we have a shot, no clue if we're interested. I guarantee we're looking at nose tackles though. 

Shelton, Malcolm Brown, McCullers, McClendon, McGee, Peko, Philon, Ngata

Some othes to consider: 
Texans Christian Covington - Worked under Vrabel in Houston and has some talent. Been injured throughout parts of his career

Chargers Corey Liuget - Was busted for PEDs last year, but was a solid player throughout his career

Chiefs Allen Bailey - 6 sacks last year playing with Houston, Ford, and Jones.

Ravens Brent Urban - Not a pass rusher, but a solid run defender who knows Pees scheme well.

Seahawks Quinton Jefferson - Tendered at his original tender of a 5th round pick. Still really young.

3 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Some othes to consider: 
Texans Christian Covington - Worked under Vrabel in Houston and has some talent. Been injured throughout parts of his career

Chargers Corey Liuget - Was busted for PEDs last year, but was a solid player throughout his career

Chiefs Allen Bailey - 6 sacks last year playing with Houston, Ford, and Jones.

Ravens Brent Urban - Not a pass rusher, but a solid run defender who knows Pees scheme well.

Seahawks Quinton Jefferson - Tendered at his original tender of a 5th round pick. Still really young.

Yeah those guys are 5 technique guys, not nose guards. 

But yeah, those are other DL that could fit the defense. 

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Also notice Wake was ranked #15 for Edge guys by PFF.  Ranked 10th in rushing the passer.  Smith was 33rd overall. 

Didn’t Smith move around a lot though adding complexity to his assignments?

57 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Extend Byard?

19 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Yep. That’s the next and best move. 

Also feels like something could happen with Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, and/or Wesley Woodyard. 

- Ryan's cap number is over $10 million this year (I'd look to extend him now).

- Woodyard's is over $4 million and there's no dead money if we cut him (maybe ask him to rework his deal?)

- Jones counts over $5 million against the cap and there's very little dead money with cutting him outright (rework here as well?)

They should probably move on from Kline, but cutting him now would be $3.5 million in dead money. They would pick up a little over $3 million in space by cutting him though.

22 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Also feels like something could happen with Ben Jones, Logan Ryan, and/or Wesley Woodyard. 

- Woodyard's is over $4 million and there's no dead money if we cut him (maybe ask him to rework his deal?)

- Jones counts over $5 million against the cap and there's very little dead money with cutting him outright (rework here as well?)

They should probably move on from Kline, but cutting him now would be $3.5 million in dead money. They would pick up a little over $3 million in space by cutting him though.

I would take care of Byard before Ryan, but I could see us going the opposite route with how we’ve spent as it would lessen the cap hit. We could possibly restructure Woodyard, but I think he’s earned every penny. 

I would go after Kline and cut him outright or make him restructure. He was horrendous last year. 

2 hours ago, tgo said:

Humphries is the best signing of the 3 imo

The Titans needed a slot receiver badly, they had no one. That's a plus

But he's set up to be the biggest disappointment

We know why

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I could very easily see them drafting an ILB and a Center and then cutting Woodyard or Jones if they lose an honest battle in camp.  

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I think losing Ryan would be a big blow. Jackson isn't where we would have hoped by now and who the hell knows with Butler. I would def extend Ryan is possible. 

I've already said I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodyard cut. Evans and Brown are the primary ILBs and they still have Compton as depth. 

If Kline and Conklin don't make big jumps the OL could be a problem 

Just now, OILERMAN said:

I think losing Ryan would be a big blow. Jackson isn't where we would have hoped by now and who the hell knows with Butler. I would def extend Ryan is possible. 

I've already said I wouldn't be surprised to see Woodyard cut. Evans and Brown are the primary ILBs and they still have Compton as depth. 

If Kline and Conklin don't make big jumps the OL could be a problem 

Compton is a free agent. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic