Legaltitan

Let's talk Pete Buttigieg - After that CNN town hall, dude deserves his own thread

What exactly is the point you are trying to make? Because we have gone pretty far afield of Mayor Pete's prospects for 2020.

There are probably a dozen threads discussing all things Trump and Russia.

Wow. Did this somehow about face after you looked like an idiot because you can’t read to whatabout on Obama? I was going to let it go, but I mean damn that’s just fucking stupid to equate the two. 

Eric Trump ‘we don’t need American banks. We get most of our money from Russia’

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Wow. Did this somehow about face after you looked like an idiot because you can’t read to whatabout on Obama? I was going to let it go, but I mean damn that’s just fucking stupid to equate the two. 

Yeah I feel like a fool for getting sucked into this nonsense.

Just now, Legaltitan said:

Yeah I feel like a fool for getting sucked into this nonsense.

It’s amazing. You shouldn’t have had to clarify. Your point was very obvious. 

kgsTitan   
29 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You can get hostile all you want to.

The point I was trying to make (to someone else) is that Trump's being a foreign policy novice is really the factor that makes him vulnerable to manipulation, and all the other conspiracy theory BS regarding Trump is just that, in my opinion. Being an asset doesnt require willingness.

And if Trump's a novice, then the Mayor of South Bend most certainly is. And if the Russians coming to get you is what keeps you up at night, which it seems to be  for a lot of people, maybe Biden is the better choice. 

9 Nines   
32 minutes ago, TitansGuru said:

I wasn't familiar with him, but I am extremely impressed after learning more about him and seeing him speak.

He is countering the biggest advantage Republicans have and what makes me scratch my head why Democrats can not play the same game:  putting policy into overall themes, with the overall theme being attractive to almost everyone.  E.g. linking portable health insurance to freedom to start a business. 

17 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

He is countering the biggest advantage Republicans have and what makes me scratch my head why Democrats can not play the same game:  putting policy into overall themes, with the overall theme being attractive to almost everyone.  E.g. linking portable health insurance to freedom to start a business. 

Yep. I like what he said about getting the values and philosophy first, then move to policy.

He really is kind of a natural at this. No idea where he goes in this race but he has a very bright future.

Rogue   
On 3/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, 'Nator said:

90% of blacks who voted voted for Hillary, sure. Many stayed home. Black turnout was significantly down.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/12/black-voter-turnout-fell-in-2016-even-as-a-record-number-of-americans-cast-ballots/

And any any rate that extra 2% would have given Hillary the rust belt and an easy electoral victory. 

Good point.  I stand corrected. 

titansfb   
On 3/12/2019 at 3:02 PM, Mythos27 said:

I will. I like Yang more every day though. No bullshit, he's 3rd for me behind Bernie and Warren. 

Breh, he’s better than Bernie and Warren.

Warren is just an awful candidate. Sorry. And I really like Warren. But she ain't a presidential type. Just too many warts. She coild be Senate Majority leader one day. Stay there. 

Rogue   

I like the guy.  I don't feel he has a shot at President in the near modern era, but I do think the guy will be in politics for a while.