Legaltitan

Let's talk Pete Buttigieg - After that CNN town hall, dude deserves his own thread

begooode   
2 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

I just think this is a total crock of horse shit. Any troublemaking on the part of the Russians was simply a reciprocal for US activities undermining the elections in Ukraine. They're simply trying to sew discontent in whatever way they can, embarrass candidates, and throw the election results into disarray..basically what we do over there.

They don't have a master plan to fuck Democrats. They have a master plan to fuck the country in general.

The intelligence community wholeheartedly disagrees with your opinion.  While chaos is indeed one objective, the Russians have most assuredly picked a horse to bet on.

kgsTitan   

When I say reciprocal for Ukraine, I mean there was likely personal animus toward Hillary for her State Departments actions in the Ukraine.

This is very logical.

But Trump is not a Russian asset. He's just a foreign affairs novice that they probably saw an opportunity to exploit. Even though he campaigned on massive military spending. This is all so confusing.... 

begooode   
Just now, kgsTitan said:

But Trump is not a Russian asset. He's just a foreign affairs novice that they probably saw an opportunity to exploit. Even though he campaigned on massive military spending. This is all so confusing.... 

Your opinion is not confirmed and indeed has been refuted by many in the intel community who have assessed Trump's words and deeds.

You may need to question why you have no doubts regarding Trump's status in the face of numerous instances when his allegiances seem to run contrary to that of the country.  I speak to many people outside the country, and without a doubt Trump's full-throated rebuke of the intel agencies to slobber on Putin's words was a sobering moment for anyone paying attention.  

kgsTitan   
22 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

These are essentially the same thing

Then Buttegieg would be as well. Even more of a complete novice and exploitable...hence, a Russian asset.

Edited by kgsTitan

Then Buttegieg would be as well. Even more of a complete novice and exploitable...hence, a Russian asset.

How is he exploitable? There’s a difference between a novice and a novice who is exploitable because they’re an idiot and also need money. 

Let me clarify - a guy who is exploited because he is a novice and exploitable is what a Russian asset usually looks like.

I am not aware of any evidence that Mayor Pete has been exploited by the Russians.

kgsTitan   
2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

How is he exploitable? There’s a difference between a novice and a novice who is exploitable because they’re an idiot and also need money. 

What the fuck? Legal just said being a novice and a Russian asset are essentially the same thing, and you liked his comment.

Buttigieg is more of a novice, so he's essentially the same as an asset too.

Edited by kgsTitan

Just now, kgsTitan said:

What the fuck? Legal just said being a novice and a Russian asset are essentially the same thing, and you liked his comment.

The key phrase was they saw an opportunity to exploit. 

Just now, kgsTitan said:

I apologize for my lack of clarity, I was just trying to be succinct and pithy.

Russians use novices and people who are exploitable as their assets. It's what they do, and they are very good at it.

So when you say "Trump isn't a Russian asset, he is just a guy who was dumb and naive and was exploited by the Russians," you are saying two things that do not contradict one another at all, and in fact completely complement one another.

kgsTitan   

I'm sure that is the proper use of the term asset, but they way I hear people use it, they mean as an actual spy or intentionally, actively working with the enemy. Not merely being taken advantage of as an exploited patsy.

Edited by kgsTitan

begooode   

Self awareness of limitations, hence less likely to be manipulated because he doesn't have to act like the BSD when he doesn't know shit:

Buttigieg (almost anyone) >>>> Trump

1 minute ago, kgsTitan said:

I'm sure that is the proper use of the term asset, but they way I hear people use it, they mean as an actual spy or actively working with them. Not as an exploited patsy.

The idiots are even worse than those in the know. 

6 minutes ago, kgsTitan said:

I'm sure that is the proper use of the term asset, but they way I hear people use it, they mean as an actual spy or intentionally, actively working with the enemy. Not merely being taken advantage of as an exploited patsy.

Well, spies can be assets too. But most assets look more like Trump than a spy.

kgsTitan   

You most certainly don't have to be an arrogant idiot to be taken advantage of (though it certainly helps). As intelligent as Carter and Obama are and were, they were taken advantage of plenty of times.

When your dealing with third world tyrants, dictators, etc. around the world, certitude, conviction, and principle goes a long way. It's like people can smell self-doubt, and more intelligent people do often show doubt more readily.

Edited by kgsTitan