Do you think aliens exist?

9 Nines

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all the gillions of solar systems and inhabitable planets, there is only an infinitesimal chance that intelligent life on other planets does not exist.   So, statistically, yes.

Everyone knows gods are just aliens...    

I don't know.  Humans are so different that it makes me think God is into diversity.  So, every creation of so called man would not be the same.  God is unlimited, so making a billion worlds is nothin

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Little Earl said:

Nope.   Not only are the odds of a planet being set up with the right conditions to sustain life incredibly low, but you then compound that with the enormous improbability of life randomly forming and evolving.   Unless of course God created life somewhere else.

We have no way to know what the odds are of life, only that exists here. It’s safe to say the odds are heavily against life forming on any planet.

So what? A trillion-to-1 odds that a planet has life? If that’s the case then you have no problem because there are roughly anywhere between 1-8 trillion planets in our galaxy. Then multiply that by the 100 billion galaxies we can see (plus another 100 billion or so we think are there but can’t see yet). Then multiply again by billions of years for life to evolve.

So it’s almost a mathematical guarantee that there is life on other planets.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:13 AM, patsplat said:

90% of Americans died after first contact with Europeans.  Based on the Columbian Exchange we should hope to never contact extra terrestrial life.

sounds inaccurate...  i slept with the first european chick i met. though she took my soul later so... 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

I never understood why Aliens had to be so superintellegent. If anything they at our level or worse. I know the odds say its possible but whatever

i think the point is that the odds say that there are likely billions/trillions of planets with life... so then we'd have to determine intelligent life from that. and if their worlds are millions and millions of years older... then they are likely super intelligent. 

i dont fear the super super intelligent.

i'd more fear the aliens that are smart enough to fugure out quick interstellar travel but havent evolved into super beings yet. so really the aliens that are about 1000 years ahead of us. 

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

I never understood why Aliens had to be so superintellegent. If anything they at our level or worse. I know the odds say its possible but whatever

They would only need to be super intelligent to have the technology to get here. 

You have 1 quintillion black coin mixed with 5 reds coins.   The probability of intelligent life on the another planet is the same as the probability of pulling out 5 coins all being red.   If you are Starkiller you say I believe because it is mathematically possible.   Or you concoct some ludicrous theory like multiverse to help out. 

The bible says God created the heavens and the earth.  So, God created everything.  God created man, animals, fish and insects.  God didn't stop at creating one man.  God did not stop a creating one animal, fish or insect.  The heavens to me means all that is not earth, the universe.  To suggest there is no life on billions of other planets is self-important simpleton thinking. 

35 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

In physical chemistry we called that the same as 100 monkeys banging on typewriters and all typing the entire works of Shakespeare without an error.  The lengths people will go to try and prove God doesn't exist takes more faith. 

What the fuck does god have to do with life on other planets?

28 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The bible says God created the heavens and the earth.  So, God created everything.  God created man, animals, fish and insects.  God didn't stop at creating one man.  God did not stop a creating one animal, fish or insect.  The heavens to me means all that is not earth, the universe.  To suggest there is no life on billions of other planets is self-important simpleton thinking. 

Certainly is possible, but I highly doubt it.   The universe is not big to God, as he made it.   The Bible indicates that the whole creation groans under the weight of sin, and that eventually God is going to destroy it all and create a new heaven and earth.   Furthermore God created us with a very special purpose, so important that he lowered himself into a man and allowed himself to be tortured and killed as a sacrifice to atone for our sins.   Do think God is doing that in billions of other worlds?