Cohen sentence to 36 mos.

ChesterCopperpot1

10 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Pardon powers do not say A is relieved of crimes in the best interest of our country and then let him get off for robbing a bank.

Oh, absolutely not. If that is what you mean then I agree. You can't just pardon someone for any and all crimes they have committed, period. And certainly shouldn't be able to do it prospectively.

Problem is this stuff hasn't been well developed and tested because we have never really had to worry about someone abusing this power before.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL  Cohen isn't going up on appeal, he's admitting guilty and going to jail for three years.  This is a serious felony, but go ahead and keep telling yourself there is nothing to this.

It's even stranger for an accused to win on appeal after a guilty plea.  LOL  but that little earl's scenario because the violation of campaign finance law in this case wasn't really a felony.  Think

The Trumpies are the ones still hung up on the Dossier. We are so far beyond the Steele Dossier it's ridiculous. I am still not aware of anything proven false in the Dossier yet. Yes it looks like the trip to Prague may be inaccurate, but Cohen was certainly dealing with the Russians on the Trump tower during the time in question. But even assuming that is wrong, that is one thing in the whole Dossier, and the point of the Prague trip discussion - which was to point out Cohen's dealing with Russians on behalf of Trump - was accurate. So - congrats?

Ben is either:

(1) total schtick

(2) a Qanon-level guy; or 

(3) an actual Russian recruit.

My money is still on (1). But (2) is certainly possible. And perhaps he is, unwittingly, (3). Like perhaps whatever group or reddit or whatever he gets his talking points from is being fed by a Russian source. All three of these could actually be true.

Hint: when people quote you, I can see your words, Ben.

If Ben is such an anarchist and what not, then why is he defending Flynn? Flynn is an old guard intelligence officer, he probably has ordered and signed off on many dronings of people around the world, and wanted to kidnap a Turkish dude who sought refuge hear and turn him over to Erdogan to be killed.

I can't imagine anyone who is against military power and might and all of that stuff to not detest Flynn. 

Of course that pails in comparison to supporting a guy like Putin. Name 1 thing that antiwar people criticize America for, and Putin has ordered it. He participates in extra-judicial killings. Not kidnapping and interrogation. He just has them taken out. He is invading a sovereign nation. He is propping up one of the worlds' last remaining old-guard brutal dictators.

So he being some kind of anti-collonial/anti-expansionist/anti-globalist crusader doesn't make any sense either.

But then again neither does the MAGA crowd's embrace of Russia, either.

Strange times we live in.

President Donald Trump has at least twice in the past few weeks vented to his acting attorney general, angered by federal prosecutors who referenced the President's actions in crimes his former lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

Trump was frustrated, the sources said, that prosecutors Matt Whitaker oversees filed charges that made Trump look bad. None of the sources suggested that the President directed Whitaker to stop the investigation, but rather lashed out at what he felt was an unfair situation.

The first known instance took place when Trump made his displeasure clear to acting attorney general Matt Whitaker after Cohen pleaded guilty November 29 to lying to Congress about a proposed Trump Tower project in Moscow. Whitaker had only been on the job a few weeks following Trump's firing of Jeff Sessions.

Over a week later, Trump again voiced his anger at Whitaker after prosecutors in Manhattan officially implicated the President in a hush-money scheme to buy the silence of women around the 2016 campaign -- something Trump fiercely maintains isn't an illegal campaign contribution. Pointing to articles he said supported his position, Trump pressed Whitaker on why more wasn't being done to control prosecutors in New York who brought the charges in the first place, suggesting they were going rouge.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/21/politics/trump-lashed-out-at-whitaker-after-explosive-cohen-revelations/index.html

14 hours ago, Justafan said:

I vote he’s just a contrarian moron.

Contrarian use to be my guess but he's spouted off straight up russian propaganda far too many times for me to think he's just being contrary anymore. He's either getting his stuff from a contaminated source or he's got an agenda.

Edited by reo