Peter King's Titan musings this week

pamo9

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over exposed? Pfft. We played pretty damn good in all but one of those games so fuck him. Exposure is what helps get a guy like Casey's name out there. He's arguing against his own argument. 

That's why we're getting all the 'exposure' on TV this year.  The NFL is preparing the nation for the Titans to turn the corner and be relevant.  Along with the 2019 Draft in Nashville, and more expos

A - I guess I’d pay Marcus Mariota if I were Tennessee GM Jon Robinson. But I’d be conservative on the guarantee. We still don’t know if he’s even above average as an NFL quarterback. That interceptio

5 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Proves my point about his thoughts about the "filler teams."

I don't think King has anything against the Titans.  I think he's speaking more of how the public perceives them.

Edited by scine09

9 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I don't think King has anything against the Titans.  I think he's speaking more of how the public perceives them.

I agree.  King is great for a national media guy.  I see him as being pretty fair.  But his perceptions about how the NFL should be (Packers, Steelers, et al being good = good NFL) is part of the problem for the other teams.  

Just now, CreepingDeath said:

I agree.  King is great for a national media guy.  I see him as being pretty fair.  But his perceptions about how the NFL should be (Packers, Steelers, et al being good = good NFL) is part of the problem for the other teams.  

Again, I don't think that's his perception.  I think he knows what's good for the NFL.  And let's be honest the NFL would rather have the Packers and Steelers be good than the Titans and Jaguars.

22 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Again, I don't think that's his perception.  I think he knows what's good for the NFL.  And let's be honest the NFL would rather have the Packers and Steelers be good than the Titans and Jaguars.

I'm confused if we are actually disagreeing.  

The NFL would only prefer these teams over others as it is the fastest draw for ratings and therefor $$$.  As other teams become popular through winning and exciting players (JJ Watt, Mahomes), the NFL is happy to support them with more "narratives."  In other words, the NFL only cares to maximize profits.  Media guys can help build or bury players and teams.  King says J. Casey would be a big name if he played on one of the "star" teams but then says the Titans are overexposed.  

2 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

The NFL would only prefer these teams over others as it is the fastest draw for ratings and therefor $$$.  As other teams become popular through winning and exciting players (JJ Watt, Mahomes), the NFL is happy to support them with more "narratives."  In other words, the NFL only cares to maximize profits.  Media guys can help build or bury players and teams.  King says J. Casey would be a big name if he played on one of the "star" teams but then says the Titans are overexposed.  

Right I'm saying he says they're overexposed in terms of the public.  I don't think he means that he sees too much of the Titans.  He can watch any team any time he wants.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, TampaTitan said:

Over exposed? Pfft. We played pretty damn good in all but one of those games so fuck him. Exposure is what helps get a guy like Casey's name out there. He's arguing against his own argument. 

That's exactly what I was thinking reading that, its weird, you would've thought we shit the bed the way he phrased that. We had a great game with SD, lost by a point,  handled Dallas in their building, ran into a buzz saw in Houston but Marcus out on a passing display, and blew out Jax with one of the greatest running performances ever. We certainly did our part entertaining.

8 hours ago, scine09 said:

Which is stupid considering the local markets. They became larger market teams because they were good. 

Green Bay isn’t very populated. Yet it’s supposed to be a vital big market? 

Nfl should focus hard on parity and create equal markets across the globe. 

Making the rich rich get richer at the expense of everyone else doesn’t work in the nfl anymore than it works in the real world

8 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

The nfl only cares about money? You shut your mouth.

21 hours ago, 8MM said:

Not clear what you're on about.  OMan has way more intelligent things to say about football than King.  Maybe you don't like him/don't rate him/whatever, but King is like a toddler with a helicopter/tiger parent to publish his idiotic views.

How the fuck he ever got to determine HoF candidacies I'll never work out.

King is a liberal dope, which probably explains things vis-à-vis the media.