2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

23 hours ago, Huston said:

Is him being white boosting his stock at all, kinda like when there is a uber fast wr or corner that enters the draft?

Hock just seems overrated in general. I think it’s more because he’s from Iowa than anything. 

13 hours ago, Righteous said:

Last year it was Vander Esch.  This year it is Hockenson and Isabella.  Wash, rinse and repeat around here.

What up racist bitch! Don’t be a retard. Far more white players are understaffed because of their color than overdrafted. It’s not even a question. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

1 hour ago, titanruss said:

Hock just seems overrated in general. I think it’s more because he’s from Iowa than anything. 

What up racist bitch! Don’t be a retard. Far more white players are understaffed because of their color than overdrafted. It’s not even a question. 

Fant seem like the way to go if your wanting a true play-maker at TE, he is more in the mold of Kelsey and Ertz IMO.

1 hour ago, Huston said:

Fant seem like the way to go if your wanting a true play-maker at TE, he is more in the mold of Kelsey and Ertz IMO.

Hockenson easily out produced Fant last season, had more receptions a higher avg yards per catch and both had 7 total TD's for the season, really big misconception that Hockenson is just a blocking TE, while he doesn't have the top end speed that Fant does he runs better nuanced routes and has more reliable hands.

You mentioned Ertz, Hockenson beat him in 40yd/Broad and Vertical Jumps also the 3 cone and 20/60yd shuttles when comparing their combine testing.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

42 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hockenson easily out produced Fant last season, had more receptions a higher avg yards per catch and both had 7 total TD's for the season, really big misconception that Hockenson is just a blocking TE, while he doesn't have the top end speed that Fant does he runs better nuanced routes and has more reliable hands.

You mentioned Ertz, Hockenson beat him in 40yd/Broad and Vertical Jumps also the 3 cone and 20/60yd shuttles when comparing their combine testing.

I want Hockenson for his blocking every bit as much as his playmaking ability though.  We're still not sure what the right side of the O-Line will look like, and having that level of blocker on Conklin's (or whomever's) right hip would be a huge plus.

A TE that can win against the Edge guy frees up a down lineman for double teams on disruptive DTs and NTs.

2 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

I want Hockenson for his blocking every bit as much as his playmaking ability though.  We're still not sure what the right side of the O-Line will look like, and having that level of blocker on Conklin's (or whomever's) right hip would be a huge plus.

A TE that can win against the Edge guy frees up a down lineman for double teams on disruptive DTs and NTs.

I can understand why some here simply don't want to take a TE in the first round it certainly isn't in the top couple of needs this offseason, what I struggle with is why some wouldn't want to bring in an elite prospect like Hockenson, he is perfectly suited to help us in both the run/pass games.

As he probably goes in the top 15 I guess the whole discussion could be pretty meaningless anyway.

15 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I can understand why some here simply don't want to take a TE in the first round it certainly isn't in the top couple of needs this offseason, what I struggle with is why some wouldn't want to bring in an elite prospect like Hockenson, he is perfectly suited to help us in both the run/pass games.

As he probably goes in the top 15 I guess the whole discussion could be pretty meaningless anyway.

He probably will be gone by 19, so this likely is all moot.

But even in Conk's all-pro year some pundits talked about all the help he got.  That was when there were true blocking TEs on the roster.  Stocker is gone, and while another version of Fasano or Supernaw can block, they can't assume the dual role that Hock would offer as a playmaker as well.

5 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Hockenson would totally make sense with Stocker leaving and the passing needing upgrading 

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Hockenson would totally make sense with Stocker leaving and the passing needing upgrading 

Hockenson is a safe pick who will have a positive impact no matter what.  He's also insurance if Walker isn't 100%.

I think you can find a starter at OG in the second and I'm not convinced you NEED an OLB with Wake and Landry here.  I'm not opposed to an edge guy or an IDL guy as I think there are some studs but looking at the guys available, I think you'll be able to find IDL especially later on and probably some interesting EDGE guys who can contribute at least right away.  

Such an interesting offseason.  I can't wait for the draft. 

I wouldn't sleep on Knox at TE later in the draft, could be a real steal.  If you watch game tape on him its crazy how often he was wide open but was never thrown to, he really suffered from not having a real Quarterback.

Just now, Tomachek said:

I wouldn't sleep on Knox at TE later in the draft, could be a real steal.  If you watch game tape on him its crazy how often he was wide open but was never thrown to, he really suffered from not having a real Quarterback.

Yea, but what I really like about Hockenson is that he helps the offense in multiple ways.  His blocking is elite and he would easily be the most athletic TE on the roster as well.  Walker is great but he's 35.  I want to see Mariota in the best position and I think a blocking TE who is also a beast in the passing game does more than a receiving TE, even a pretty good one.  We have some pretty good receiving TEs.  The blocking will be more important early IMO.  

7 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Yea, but what I really like about Hockenson is that he helps the offense in multiple ways.  His blocking is elite and he would easily be the most athletic TE on the roster as well.  Walker is great but he's 35.  I want to see Mariota in the best position and I think a blocking TE who is also a beast in the passing game does more than a receiving TE, even a pretty good one.  We have some pretty good receiving TEs.  The blocking will be more important early IMO.  

We are going to have to trade up for Hockenson at this point.

50 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

We are going to have to trade up for Hockenson at this point.

I'm not convinced of that.  Obviously, I wouldn't advocate trading up for a TE, even an elite one, but if he's there at 19 he's gotta be a guy they're willing to consider.

I remember everyone thought the same stuff about O.J. Howard a couple of years ago coming out and then he ended up going at like 24.  If he goes top 10, it would be the first one I can think of in a long, long time.  Vernon Davis maybe?  I'd have to look it up.  

49 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I'm not convinced of that.  Obviously, I wouldn't advocate trading up for a TE, even an elite one, but if he's there at 19 he's gotta be a guy they're willing to consider.

I remember everyone thought the same stuff about O.J. Howard a couple of years ago coming out and then he ended up going at like 24.  If he goes top 10, it would be the first one I can think of in a long, long time.  Vernon Davis maybe?  I'd have to look it up.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny.fcgi?id=XeyHF

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic