NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

55 minutes ago, rns90 said:

What exactly is NO getting here?  The draft picks don't figure to be high lotto types and the players the Lakers are offering are all kind of disappointing, plus Ingram is due for a hefty extension soon.

They’re getting offered a hell of a lot more from the Lakers than they will from any other team, now or during the off-season 

The longer this drags on, the more reasonable (less valuable) the offers are going to be

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

4 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao @ Harris being part of a "big" anything. 

No defense and another player Jimmy has to share the ball with. Another lazy player for Jimmy to be upset with. 

I'll forever laugh at your ass for even thinking the Sixers didnt have to add any stars to compete for a title. Trade for Jimmy now 2 1st rounders for a 4 month rental. 

Btw, is Fultz career already over?

Has Lonzo passed Fultz in FTM this season yet? 

e: lmao Fultz hasn't played since mid-November and he still has more free throws on the season

Edited by Cornrow Wallace

8 minutes ago, Cornrow Wallace said:

Has Lonzo passed Fultz in FTM this season yet? 

e: lmao Fultz hasn't played since mid-November and he still has more free throws on the season

ESPN"S Chris Mannix says their is a significant interest in Markel Fultz.  I hope they keep him as he still has lots of potential if the shoulder really was the main problem.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Anyone can fit with anyone as long as they want to. Simple as that imo

No big has ever been the same type of player when transitioning to playing with Lebron. I get none of them have been the talent of AD but it has to be concerning that their won’t be a fit for how much it would cost to get him. The team is going to be run through Lebron and not AD. IMO Lebron is the one that will need to adjust his game to ensure AD is utilized correctly. IMO he didn’t do that with Bosh and Love. 

Spending the money on Klay would be a way better investment to play with Lebron now. But AD would be 10x better the investment for the Lakers franchise. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

To question if AD and LBJ could play together is absurd. 

Who questioned if they could play together? Asking if they are a good fit and doubting you'd be able to maximize AD is far from absurd. It's the reason I don't want the Bucks selling all their players and picks for AD, I think it's putting too many eggs in one (or two technically) baskets for a duo that I don't think necessarily play to each others strengths to find only role players that build a championship roster.

LBJ is obviously worlds better than Giannis where they won't get in each other's way as much, but it's still a valid question.

When you get in the conversation of giving up as many assests for a guy you want to be damn sure that he compliments LBJ while still playing his game to at least close to his potential

Edited by wiscotitansfan

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

To question if AD and LBJ could play together is absurd. 

Don't need to go beyond this. There will always need to be some fine-tuning when it comes to people that have the ball in their hand. These are two of the best players on the planet. If Embiid can co-exist with Simmons and Butler, and Curry/Durant/Klay/Boogie can co-exist, LeBron and AD will be fine. 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So you think it's a coincidence that the players on GS just all "fit" and they are all being maximized?

You think Russ and KD didnt work simply because they didnt "fit", because they did fit, real well. KD just couldnt accept losing to a better team so blamed Russ and joined the better team. 

A lot of ppl questioned the pairing of Harden and CP3. "Both need the ball in their hands to be at their best". They figured out how to make it work though.

Again, great players like AD and LBJ will figure out how to play with each other even if it's not a great "natural" fit from the jump. 

And yes, to question if one or the other wouldnt be at their best because of the other is lunacy.

But let me ask either of you. Is there anything that jumps out to you that makes that a valid question as it relates to those two?

Those tandems you listed have won nothing though. Ya they figured out a way to co exist but they never accomplished greatness. 

There were questions of how well KD would fit with curry, klay and Draymond. The 3 of them compliment eachother pretty well and there was concern how throwing KD into the mix would work. Same thing with Boogie. Even Jake questioned how Boogie would adjust to a reduced role. 

No one is questioning is they can figure it out. I’ll rephrase the question...is it worth giving up every valuable asset for AD if he isn’t a perfect fit? Could they be a better team holding onto their current roster and bringing in another max FA that compliments Lebron better than AD does? 

13 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

is it worth giving up every valuable asset for AD if he isn’t a perfect fit? Could they be a better team holding onto their current roster and bringing in another max FA that compliments Lebron better than AD does? 

I even went on and elaborated that's what you clearly meant, there's no point in giving up your entire future if you can't maximize a guys potential.

Obviously even if he does not compliment LBJ as well as you would hope they both will be fantastic players, no question about that though. The question is though would the Lakers be better with 2 superstars or 1 superstar and a lot of pieces to build around.

I've said it multiple times, I don't want the Bucks to trade for AD solely because I think we are a better TEAM with Giannis and bunch of solid pieces compared to two guys who I don't think compliment each others talents and then a bunch of shit besides those 2 players.

It has nothing to do with needing to share the ball and having a whiny bitch, it has to do with how defenses are able to play both them on the court together.

Again, it's not lunacy at all to greatly consider how AD's impact would have on the other stars talents around him. LBJ is too good for it to matter because he is such a complete player, but it's not crazy to ask how much LBJs talent would diminish what AD would bring to the team especially factoring in all the other starters you need to get rid of to acquire him.

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I've said it multiple times, I don't want the Bucks to trade for AD solely because I think we are a better TEAM with Giannis and bunch of solid pieces compared to two guys who I don't think compliment each others talents and then a bunch of shit besides those 2 players.

This is exactly why I don’t mind if KD goes somewhere else. The warriors were a legit great team without him. Of course with him they are great as well but it’s based more on being super talented and near impossible to beat in a 7 game series. The pre KD warriors were a far better executed team then now. The ball movement and offense was truly special to watch. To see a primarily home grown team develop into that was awesome. 

No one said they can't play together dumbass, the comment was made about if ADs play can be maximized playing with Lebron.

Jake. Who here in this thread said that both of them wouldn't still be elite players even if they shared the same court.

It truly is unfathomable how someone can be so retarded