CaliTitan3518

NBA Talk

3 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Most ppl did. How did his % drop drastically after one game when out of his 8 games hes only shot over 40% in 3 of them? So one night shooting 30% drastically drops his %? If anything, he had two games that really make his % look better than it is. 

This is why it's best to go off averages when just looking at stats. Yes, he has one more game played than Ball. So take away his 3 boards and 4 assists he gets a game, then what's the totals? 

Balls minutes got cut drastically to start because coming off surgery and the additions we've made. Mostly actually because we have another PG which we didnt have last year. Whats the excuse behind the lack of minutes for a 1st overall pick that had 2 first rounders traded for him?

None of this matters anyway. Actually watch Fultz play. 

With Ball, the only thing ppl criticized him for was his shooting. So far, he has looked much better in that department. I think he will continue to be streaky in the short term. But outside of him not being aggressive offensively, there is nothing negative about his game right now. And really, with Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, LBJ. We shouldn't need him to score a lot. Fultz is shooting the three as bad as Ball did last year. And when him and Simmons are on the court at the same time, he looks lost. No idea how to play off ball.

I also think this early in the season going on averages is pointless. One game can change everything which is the case for Fultz and Ball good and bad. Fultz doesn’t look worthy of the #1 pick and Ball doesn’t look worthy of the #2 pick. You can argue which one is better or whatever but neither will ever live up to their draft slot unless something clicks with them. 

2 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I also think this early in the season going on averages is pointless. One game can change everything which is the case for Fultz and Ball good and bad. Fultz doesn’t look worthy of the #1 pick and Ball doesn’t look worthy of the #2 pick. You can argue which one is better or whatever but neither will ever live up to their draft slot unless something clicks with them. 

I dont understand. What needs to click with Lonzo? 

Also, how many games have you watched him play year?

25 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I dont understand. What needs to click with Lonzo? 

Also, how many games have you watched him play year?

He’s not playing anywhere near what you would want from your #2 pick. He looks like s decent role player but I’m not seeing him becoming a star player. That could all change but I just don’t see it. 

He’s not playing anywhere near what you would want from your #2 pick. He looks like s decent role player but I’m not seeing him becoming a star player. That could all change but I just don’t see it. 

The only reason you say that is because of his scoring. It's not his fault ppl want him to be something hes not. 

He even only averaged 14 points in college. He averaged 4 less in the NBA as a 20 year old rookie with a giant target on his back. If yall think he should be averaging 20 just because, that's on you. 

If you actually watched him play, you'd understand why he was a high pick. But you're right, if all ppl want to do is look at the box score and focus on points, you might not get it.

Let me ask you. Was Jason Kidd worth his #2 overall selection? I'd say yes. I'm sure most would. 

Imo, Lonzo will finish his career as a little bit better as an overall player than J Kidd.

But I find it funny. I was only talking about Fultz. But we are on Ball now because someone couldnt help but bring him up....

#LakersStayOnMinds

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Also something to add. Last year Lonzo finished 8th in the league in potential assists. 

That's also adding to him finishing at least top 6 among all PGs in all other key stats. 

Idk how someone could say hes not playing as a #2. Again, unless all they look at is points...

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

The only reason you say that is because of his scoring. It's not his fault ppl want him to be something hes not. 

He even only averaged 14 points in college. He averaged 4 less in the NBA as a 20 year old rookie with a giant target on his back. If yall think he should be averaging 20 just because, that's on you. 

If you actually watched him play, you'd understand why he was a high pick. But you're right, if all ppl want to do is look at the box score and focus on points, you might not get it.

Let me ask you. Was Jason Kidd worth his #2 overall selection? I'd say yes. I'm sure most would. 

Imo, Lonzo will finish his career as a little bit better as an overall player than J Kidd.

But I find it funny. I was only talking about Fultz. But we are on Ball now because someone couldnt help but bring him up....

#LakersStayOnMinds

I just find it funny you try so hard to talk shit about other players and teams but are only optimistic and positive about the lakers. 

Lonzo better than j Kidd? So you are calling him a future Hofer? 

14 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I just find it funny you try so hard to talk shit about other players and teams but are only optimistic and positive about the lakers. 

I find it funny that you made a "NBA Talk" thread, in which I did post a little about LA, but also tried to make it about other news around the NBA and not just Lakers. And I mention one player, and you make it about a Laker. This is what always happens, then idiots want to say "Jake always making threads about Lakers"  when its others talking shit and starting it most of the time.  

And how do you know who I am and am not optimistic of? Who would you like to talk about? Give me a list and I'll tell you what I think.

Am I wrong that Fultz sucks? No.

Was I wrong that HOUs depth sucks ass and they have no D? No.

I have also said I think a healthy Celtics team could give tall a real challenge. I guess I would have to be optimistic about Tatum, Rozier, Kyrie, Heyward, Brown for me to feel that way, no? And that's LAs biggest rival. 

You act like I go out of my way and make this shit up. Fultz is a hot topic because some PHI fans who also liked to talk shit on Lonzo is struggling mightily with his shot. Now Lonzo is looking good, Fultz and Simmons still cant shoot worth a damn, and they dont come around. 

OF hasn't been around since they beat LA. Their only win on a 1-5 season so far. Which is like two weeks ago now...

It's also funny I see a lot of homers on Mariotas and Davis' dicks. Are they playing like  #2 and #5 picks? Why arent you talking shit on those who remain overly optimistic about them and hate on guys like Wentz, Goff, and Watson who are better?

Lonzo better than j Kidd? So you are calling him a future Hofer? 

That's a suggestive question because you're asking me how ppl will vote. Idk what is important to those people and what they look at.

J Kidd played 21 seasons. So because of that, he was able to stack a lot of his total numbers. I'm sure totals are important when considering HOF status.

If Lonzo plays 15 seasons and puts up the same career averages as Kidd, but doesnt touch Kidds total numbers, does that mean he wasn't as good?

Does Lonzo have to also win a Championship which is a team accomplishment to be considered as good as Kidd as an individual?

But if Lonzo plays 5 or 6 less seasons, and doesnt win a title, but he makes his fair share of All Star appearances and 1st and 2nd teams, while also matching the career averages, is it not fair to say he was just as good if not a little better? Especially if those numbers and the tape backs that claim up even though voters might not think that alone is worthy of the hall?

For example. Some voters thought Terrell Davis shouldn't be in the Hall because he only had three great years. But if he didnt make it, could you honestly say he wasn't as good as some who did?

Since others want to make outside topics about the Lakers, I wont be shy.

LA ranks 6th in 3pt efficiency in the past 10 days, about 6 games, at 38.6%. Not bad for a team that cant shoot 3s. 

As far as "cant shoot" Lonzo. 46% from the field and 41% from 3. 

And once LA has played its 11th game to start the year, they will have played 9 teams that made the playoffs last year to two that hadn't but has added some good talent since. 

All they have to do is float around .500 until the schedule gets a little easier. Then it will be easier for them to get into a real rhythm. Especially, or hopefully on D. 

@CaliTitan3518

This is why I'm optimistic about Lonzo. (And currently only pessimistic about Fultz and HOU, aka, not everyone else)

Start it around 2:20. Then watch it until they show the graphic. Not even a minute of watching.

Look at the difference in team numbers compared to when Lonzo started and when Rondo started. 

As I said, you wouldnt know how greatly Lonzo impacts a game on a nightly basis if you didnt watch him play. You wont see thise numbers in basic stats or box scores. Just because he isnt putting up 20 and 10 doesnt mean he isnt a very good player. And this is 8 games into year two. 60th game overall. Not even a full season essentially. The kid is a playmaker who is very unselfish and makes the entire team better. 

That graphic also doesnt show last night's game. Now 3-1 when Lonzo starts. And if you listened to Colin, that one loss came in the OT loss to SA in which we should have won and could ultimately be blamed on LBJ not hitting those FTs. That close to a 4-0 team when Lonzo starts. 

And dont take this as just a Rondo/Lonzo comparison. It is, but it's also bigger than that. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

Haven't been following the Bucks too much but have watched the past few games, thankfully Giannis is back tonight for the Celtics!

Lucked out on Monday that Kawhi was also out for Toronto so it was an even matchup

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

@CaliTitan3518

This is why I'm optimistic about Lonzo. (And currently only pessimistic about Fultz and HOU, aka, not everyone else)

Start it around 2:20. Then watch it until they show the graphic. Not even a minute of watching.

Look at the difference in team numbers compared to when Lonzo started and when Rondo started. 

As I said, you wouldnt know how greatly Lonzo impacts a game on a nightly basis if you didnt watch him play. You wont see thise numbers in basic stats or box scores. Just because he isnt putting up 20 and 10 doesnt mean he isnt a very good player. And this is 8 games into year two. 60th game overall. Not even a full season essentially. The kid is a playmaker who is very unselfish and makes the entire team better. 

That graphic also doesnt show last night's game. Now 3-1 when Lonzo starts. And if you listened to Colin, that one loss came in the OT loss to SA in which we should have won and could ultimately be blamed on LBJ not hitting those FTs. That close to a 4-0 team when Lonzo starts. 

And dont take this as just a Rondo/Lonzo comparison. It is, but it's also bigger than that. 

Listening to that clip doesn’t make me think Lonzo is anything special. He’s better than Rondo but that’s not saying much. Without Rondo one game went to OT and the other was against the trash Suns. The team stats should look better.  

I asked for the comparison to Fultz because they were #1 and #2 in the same draft and because you are a laker fan so you watch him more than anyone else. I don’t really watch either of them. The only 2 games I watched Lonzo wasn’t very good. From the same draft Fox has looked really good so far this year. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

Listening to that clip doesn’t make me think Lonzo is anything special. He’s better than Rondo but that’s not saying much. Without Rondo one game went to OT and the other was against the trash Suns. The team stats should look better.  

Haha that's because it wasn't about what they said. It was about what they showed. And idk if you left it out on purpose, probably, but the third game Rondo missed was against the Nuggets who were undefeated. And still only have one loss while sitting second in the West. So against two playoff teams, they played much better as a team. 

I asked for the comparison to Fultz because they were #1 and #2 in the same draft and because you are a laker fan so you watch him more than anyone else. I don’t really watch either of them. The only 2 games I watched Lonzo wasn’t very good. From the same draft Fox has looked really good so far this year. 

For sure. And that's because they are running the O through him. As much as Ball has improved, I'm willing to bet his stats would be better than last years if we didnt add LBJ and company. Takes a lot of opportunities away from him.  We went from Ball being basically our only PG, to having 3 that can run the point. LBJ also grabs boards, so being the unselfish guy that he is, Ball also concedes some boards to him. 

When this kid is 22/23, you'll see something special. If it doesnt happen sooner. 

The mighty 3 ball. 

At one point in time MINN was shooting 60.9% from three. The score at that time was 80-77 MINN.

LA is currently 3rd in FG% and 14th in 3p%.

LA needs to step up the intensity on D and rebounding. Addition of Chandler will definitely help with rebounding, and despite Butler, Wiggins, and Rose being on fire last night, I think we were a lot better on D.