NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

19 hours ago, headhunter said:

I would assume the Lakers. What do they have to trade to get AD?

I doubt they have the capital to do it where it would make sense... I sure as hell don't think the Bucks do even though they said that they will trade anything on the team not named Giannis.

Eventually they will have to take a deal that's likely a lot lower than they should get but I have a feeling that someone will make a real offer before it gets to that point.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

7 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I doubt they have the capital to do it where it would make sense... I sure as hell don't think the Bucks do even though they said that they will trade anything on the team not named Giannis.

Eventually they will have to take a deal that's likely a lot lower than they should get but I have a feeling that someone will make a real offer before it gets to that point.

A lot goes into this. I think the Lakers are going to offer all of their young talent. Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Zubac, Hart. I don't know if that gets done. Paul George is actually the game changer here. I think a team like Boston is a lot more likely to rent AD hoping it can keep him, or a team like the Raptors bringing him into the East. I think the news he will be a rental won't discourage aggressive teams who see this as their window and fall under the "convince him narrative." I don't know what the fuck is going on with the Celtics. They have the best assets, but Kyrie rumors and Hayward looking like a corpse out there is puzzling. In terms of wisco's point, if this plays out I don't see them low balling before Boston can put an offer on the table. A team that wants them this season has to put a great offer on the table. Hence LA, they do have some urgency to beat Boston's offer before they can make it from a trade rules standpoint AND they don't want a PG repeat. 

Now, I am not totally convinced it won't be smart to just part with the assets. I still like Ball, Ingram, and co. but none of them have taken that leap forward and the might not do it as quickly with LeBron. The team LeBron and AD could build together would be scary, especially if Kyrie and KD say fuck it and become Knicks AND LeBron poaches Klay. 

All of a sudden GS is defined by Curry, Boogie, and Dray--very beatable. 

Also the rumors that Kyrie wants back in with LeBron are nuts. A more seasoned Kyrie with LeBron and AD + veterans would be crazy. 

You have to hand it to Magic. By luring LeBron he has created an NBA landscape where anything is possible. 

Who's saying they don't have the resources to make the trade, you went on a tirade because ONE persons comment?  As you said, they're not trading all their talent away for one player which is exactly what I said.... It wouldn't make sense to trade for AD

Edited by wiscotitansfan

I think Boston has the most ammo. They can package young talent and potentially ridiculous value draft picks. 

Lakers can make a run at him but I don’t think they will have the best offer on the table. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

And if they dont wan to trade Tatum? Then what?

If they aren’t willing to trade Tatum then they probably aren’t that interested in AD. If Tatum isn’t part of the package then they have some really good draft picks to offer. We won’t know what those picks are until the lottery though. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

2 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Why would NO do that when there's a greater chance they wont resign with NO?

But reports have backed up that they want to keep Tatum and are very much interested in AD.  So back to the question, do they still present the best package if it does not include Tatum. 

Obviously the trade wouldn’t go down but I would find it hilarious. 

I edited my post. Only way they wouldn’t be able to include Tatum is if their draft picks are all legit. There is potential they have 3 picks in the top 15 this year. We will have to see where the picks land to truely know the value of them. 

23 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Obviously 

That's a very slim chance. 

They have the Kings' which is 1st overall protected.

They Have Memphis' which is top 8 protected.

They have LAC which is top 14 protected. 

So the absolute best they could have is the #2, #9, and #15.

Kings pick is likely to fall outside the top 10.

Memphis is likely to land in the top 8 and go back to them.

Clippers is likely to be outside the top 15, but they are still in jeopardy of falling back into the top 14.

Boston could potentially only get one of those. And if they get the LAC, that pick along with SACs is likely outside the top 10. Not much value in those picks. 

And if they don't intend to trade Kyrie or Tatum, LA then gets to decrease their package.

NO could really screw this up for themselves by waiting it out. 

That could still be 3 top 15 picks. 

Kings pick could be top 15 and is pretty much guaranteed to go to Celtics this year. 

Memphis is currently 6th. Who knows what happens with the lottery. It then changes to only top 6 protected the next year. 

Clippers pick will probably go to Celtics this year and be top 20 but who knows it could land at #15. If it lands top 14 it then carries over to next year. 

NO is going to have a hard time holding onto players unless they over pay them. They might want to stock up on draft picks to land players through the draft or trade up for a better player. 

55 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-kyrie-irving-has-real-interest-in-reuniting-with-lebron-james/2019/01/29/

Those of you that want to laugh, have at it. But I gaurentee if we end up trading Lonzo, Kemba or Kyrie will be a Laker. 

If they get AD I don’t think that is a financially realistic prediction. 

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/Article/Anthony-Davis-Lakers-trade-second-star-free-agent-signing-128418057/

Edited by CaliTitan3518

11 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

You realize that says it's impossible while keeping g Lonzo, Kuzma, and Ingram right?

How do you expect us to get AD without trading most of them?

And if trading Deng was all that was between them getting a third star, consider it done. 

E5E47932-2D32-4962-AB63-1D1AFBDACA1F.thumb.png.4449d172ca18bcd5071769f6321d37ee.png

Is it even possible to dump Dengs waive and stretch provision with his buy out? I think they are on the hook for the $5 mil dead cap hit no matter what. They would also need AD to give up his 15% trade kicker. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Idk what the options are with Deng but I'm sure a trade is possible. Just have to find a team willing to take on the contract.

Kemba is making 12 million this year and set to make 12 million next year if he opts in (not happening).

Any team other than the Hornets can offer a maximum of 4 year, $140 million. 35 per year.

Lets say we are on the hook for Dengs 5 regardless of anything else. 

You think it will be hard to convince Kemba to take 27 in year one (a 15 million dollar increase) to play with LBJ and AD even though bbn its 8 million less than what he can get elsewhere?

So once Dengs 5 is off the books after next year, we can then reconstruct Kembas deal. 

That article is only assuming we have to give out the max contract to sign a star and that they wouldnt take 8 million less to play for a title contender. 

They already dumped Dengs contract and a buy out I thought. Idk if they can do anymore. 

Idk if Kemba would take $8 mil less. You also have to consider he has to take less and sign a short contract. He might prefer signing a longer contract which would equal a lot more money than the lakers can offer him. I know Kyrie won’t take a pay cut.