Vacarro to visit Titans tomorrow Reid also an option

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Yeah apparently he couldn’t make it until Sunday night? 

Pretty ridiculous. Kind of seems like Reid wants to be a social activist instead of a football player. 

Yea he doesn’t want to play. Expect a team to just wait 3 days for you lol. You aren’t earl Thomas dude 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They're both clear upgrades of the 2017 version of Cyp we got. He was straight up bad last season by every metric. Of the two, I prefer Reid because he is better in run support and can hold up as the

Just read the names out loud to yourself:   Malcolm Butler, Adoree Jackson, Logan Ryan, Earl Thomas, Kevin Byard. All in the same backfield at the same time.   Mother. Fucker.

That might change my opinion if he's willing to play team sports and focus on winning a superbowl instead of being a social justice warrior.

11 hours ago, tgo said:

Yeah apparently he couldn’t make it until Sunday night? 

Pretty ridiculous. Kind of seems like Reid wants to be a social activist instead of a football player. 

I said that earlier. 

He doesn't want to play. 

He gets way more mileage out of the whole "I'm being blackballed and colluded against" narrative. 

Time to get back to football being football and drop all this political nonsense and activism crap. 

12 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

this comment from PK is on the back of Vrabel's post practice presser, was a vibe that Reid perhaps didn't do all he could to make it to his workout with the Titans.

Its probably a 12 hour drive. Definitely doable.

I'll give Reid the benefit of the doubt since he obviously had no way of knowing that his flights would keep getting cancelled.

However... the fact that he cancelled the visit rather than making alternate arrangements (rent a car, charter a private flight, whatever) suggests that perhaps he wasn't as invested in the opportunity as one might expect from a guy who's phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook.

Politics, protests, and baggage discussions aside, this is why I preferred Vaccaro from the start.  Even if Reid is the better player, the Titans have great chemistry and they don't NEED another guy who is excellent in the secondary to be a top-notch defense.  On known passing downs you can bring Vaccaro closer to the LOS where he's less likely to have to cover deep and get beat by a speed guy.  You can also put Kendrick Lewis out there to play deep (where he's actually pretty decent) and bring Byard in closer if you're really concerned about getting beat.

The Titans got beat at ILB by RB's and TE's and mismatches and then by the third WR constantly last year.  That's where they struggled.  Vaccaro is fine and maybe even an upgrade to Cyprien (debatable IMO) at the SS spot.  This will still be a top-notch defense this year barring injuries to some of the more vital guys.  

Also, I don't think the gap in talent between Reid and Vacarro is anywhere close to as big as some posters on here have made it out to be.  The claim that Reid is a top ten safety is debatable to say the least and that's if you're only including SS which tends to be the teams second S on most teams.  To me, SS is probably the least important piece of the secondary, even behind the nickel corner.  The Titans aren't going to be some transformed team because of Vacarro or Reid.  It's a plug and play piece for a year and then you look for a long-term starter next offseason.  Maybe Vacarro is that guy but he'll have to earn it.