The secret Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani know about the Russia probe

big2033

A solid article by CNN that will calm any talk that Mueller will be showing up in Trump's office with a police squad and handcuffs:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/31/politics/donald-trump-rudy-giuliani/index.html

The biggest misconception surrounding the special counsel probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election is that it will likely end in some sort of legal proceeding involving President Donald Trump. It won't -- for a bunch of reasons, the most important of which is that Robert Mueller, who is running the investigation, doesn't seem to believe a sitting President can be indicted.

The much more likely outcome is that Mueller releases the findings from his investigation sometime this fall — and lets the chips, as they relate to Trump, fall where they may. Which means — and this is what Trump and his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani have understood for months — that, ultimately, this isn't a legal fight, it's a public relations one.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So is Trump apparently.     I hope people like @ben4titans, @thor, and @Little Earl realize the main person keeping the investigation in the news is Trump. He won't or can't shut u

That's so weird that a Republican AG and Republican Deputy AG and Republican FISA judges and Republican Special Prosecutor and two Republican FBI directors and a Republican CIA head and a Republican h

Ok - playing around aside-    What I really think and feel -I am royally pissed Trump is President. The American dream, city on a hill- aspiration for our country to try and strive to be bet

Correct, but more likely a thorough investigation as well as an investigation of the tax records..possible impeachment, however unlikely the Senate republicans have the courage to vote him out.. even more after reading the NYT article on Sunday, Pence might be worse..

Yeah this has been known for a while. It's going to come down to the GOP having the balls to choose country over party or at least enough of them.

I think it's possible in the Senate but it'd take guys like McConnell and Graham. The good news is that anything that comes out will be after the primaries where the GOP would have  to worry more about their base. 

We'd only need something like 17 republicans in the house to start impeachment and if there's evidence then I think that's very doable.

It would come down to getting a lot of GOP votes in the Senate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/trump-just-six-senate-votes-away-impeachment-651857%3famp=1

It could depend on getting those 6 votes... possibly 5 votes since this might've been written before Doug Jones won.

Edited by reo

3 minutes ago, Nash said:

Correct, but more likely a thorough investigation as well as an investigation of the tax records..possible impeachment, however unlikely the Senate republicans have the courage to vote him out.. even more after reading the NYT article on Sunday, Pence might be worse..

When it comes to pushing a far right agenda, Pence is most definitely worse but voting country over party goes both ways. This isn't about left vs right anymore. This is about someone who isn't fit for office and could very well be beholden to a foreign power.

Obstruction is a lock. Mueller has moved onto the other areas and has for a while.

Without conspiracy being proven Trump isn’t getting impeached and removed, though he would of course be impeached if the house flips. I’ve said for over a year that’s what’s going to happen, but with the flipping of Cohen I’m not so sure. If Gates testifies that Trump not only knew of the meeting with Russians but also was the one coordinating it then that’s conspiracy to defraud the US regardless of the outcome. The constant lying about it all easily proves intent. 

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

It gets interesting when Jr and Jared get indicted 

The reasoning is that Trump is offered to the chance to leave office for a deal with his kids or prosecute them if he remains.  He of course would remain, which would be funny since it would force his kids to realize what they already have to know - he does not care about them or anyone else.

Edited by 9 Nines

1 hour ago, big2033 said:

that, ultimately, this isn't a legal fight, it's a public relations one.

Well, I hate to say this but, duh.

I would not say it's a public relations fight. It's a political fight. That's what impeachment is, and that's what it was meant to be. And a big part of politics is public relations. But there is much more to this fight than just public relations.

1 hour ago, reo said:

Yeah this has been known for a while. It's going to come down to the GOP having the balls to choose country over party or at least enough of them.

Incorrect.

It is about people who want the President held accountable getting out and winning the midterm elections.

Very few Republicans are going to vote to impeach the leader of their own party. Fewer still would ever vote to convict.

This is a political battle. You win a political battle at the polls.  Period.

Where the Mueller investigation goes is up to the voters, and no one else.

4 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Where the Mueller investigation goes is up to the voters, and no one else.

Unless there is some way to force public disclosure, a republican House and Senate would hide any reports negative on Trump.  SOme bits and pieces might come out in leaks, but leaks would be easy to handle in public versus an official acknowledgement of the report.   So it is not up to voters, if they never see it.