Jonboy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

or...

You are what your record says you are...and despite the ups and downs, the Tennessee Titans improved to 6-3 after a victory over the Cincinnati Bengals. Say what you want about these Titans, they're r

I'll make my prediction to match jonboy's return TD prediction.    Jackson will catch a long pass vs the Steelers

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Man , that sucks to hear about the sound quality. We used to pride ourselves on having really good sound quality. Remind me again, were you having the same issues as Tex, previously? Not hearing Scotty?

Yes - Scotty was super quiet in one episode and variable in many others.  Jamal and you were fine besides some occasional "blurring".  I didn't listen to the Brown's pod, though.  

I will listen to this one on the drive home.  I really like how you guys don't talk over each other.  That's an instant "stop listening" for me (the NFL Live pods suck at that).  

Listened on the drive home - much better sound quality!  Liked the emphasis to stay positive, too.  

What are the plans following the Steelers game?  If you guys do an episode before the weekend, instead of taking the week off for holiday/family bullshit, you could do a "looking forward" mini-cast following Sunday's slate of games!  Can discuss how our future opponents fared as well as the playoff seeding competition.  

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

No doubt the running game is highly schemed and highly effective....

Only with Marcus running threat. 50 yards rushing last week that doesn’t get talked about . As banged up as he is I don’t see him doing much running Thursday. 

Jonboy, there is a better chance of you getting Vince Young or Pacman Jones on the podcast than CBS protecting the Jaguars-Titans game.

Actually in week 17 networks can't protect any games.  NBC gets to choose whichever game they want.  But the only way they'll pick the Jaguars-Titans game I would think is if it's a win and you're in and lose and you're out scenario.  I would think that if both teams are in or if the winner of the game needs help to make the playoffs that NBC will pick a different game.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Jonboy, there is a better chance of you getting Vince Young or Pacman Jones on the podcast than CBS protecting the Jaguars-Titans game.

Actually in week 17 networks can't protect any games.  NBC gets to choose whichever game they want.  But the only way they'll pick the Jaguars-Titans game I would think is if it's a win and you're in and lose and you're out scenario.  I would think that if both teams are in or if the winner of the game needs help to make the playoffs that NBC will pick a different game.

There are a few times who actually draw less national attention than the Titans. The Jags are one of them. There is a 0% chance of them taking this game as the national game. 

1 hour ago, Supdawg said:

There are a few times who actually draw less national attention than the Titans. The Jags are one of them. There is a 0% chance of them taking this game as the national game. 

As an outsider, I hear more and more NFL fans talk about Nashville. It is a real good time to visit Nashville for an away game. There are some other cities (New Orleans for one) that are great away locations but Nashville is definitely up there for fun. 

1 minute ago, Tex in a Can said:

As an outsider, I hear more and more NFL fans talk about Nashville. It is a real good time to visit Nashville for an away game. There are some other cities (New Orleans for one) that are great away locations but Nashville is definitely up there for fun. 

Yeah... I think we've about shedded the "small market" cloak of shame. Nashville is hopping, business, tourism, population is all booming. Nashville metro region is almost 2 million people. 

35 minutes ago, Supdawg said:

Yeah... I think we've about shedded the "small market" cloak of shame. Nashville is hopping, business, tourism, population is all booming. Nashville metro region is almost 2 million people. 

Denver south