How will Gruden's 2nd run go?

socaltitan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out that he won't need to be building the Raiders either.   Wasn't calling you out on anything, just quoted you to continue the conversation on him building

Gruden has had the luxury of meeting coaches for production meetings and getting the ins and outs of the modern offenses. As well as defenses. That’s going to be a big difference in his approach to wh

Well, the Raiders F.O. seems to keep acting by impluse giving him a 10 year contract. 
"I think he has a character like Bill Walsh—he can be your best friend or your worst enemy," Jerry Rice quotes "But you need a coach that's going to keep you focused, and Jon Gruden is that type of coach."

His first tenure with the Raiders lasted for 4 years (98-01) and 7 years with the Bucs (getting a SB ring with them).

If the Raiders' players back him up he could have a very decent-good run. Gruden has proven to build consistent play-off calibered teams.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Joe Gibbs wasn't a failure in his 2nd run. They were a few quarters away from the NFC title game in year 2 or 3 I believe. As for Gruden I expect him to be a disaster.

Yeah, maybe he meant Marv Levy's second run.

2 hours ago, TitanicoNFLfan said:

Well, the Raiders F.O. seems to keep acting by impluse giving him a 10 year contract. 
"I think he has a character like Bill Walsh—he can be your best friend or your worst enemy," Jerry Rice quotes "But you need a coach that's going to keep you focused, and Jon Gruden is that type of coach."

His first tenure with the Raiders lasted for 4 years (98-01) and 7 years with the Bucs (getting a SB ring with them).

If the Raiders' players back him up he could have a very decent-good run. Gruden has proven to build consistent play-off calibered teams.

Gruden didn't build the Bucs...

33 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Gruden didn't build the Bucs...

He also doesn't need to build the Raiders at all. They have their main pieces, they're in a position very similar to ours and no one in their right mind would say that Vrabel built the Titans, even if they did and do add more key pieces.

But yes, the Bucs for the most part got worse under Gruden, not better.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

22 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

He also doesn't need to build the Raiders at all. They have their main pieces, they're in a position very similar to ours and no one in their right mind would say that Vrabel built the Titans, even if they did and do add more key pieces.

But yes, the Bucs for the most part got worse under Gruden, not better.

? I was responding to the quoted post that specifically referenced Gruden building a team. 

Just now, oldschool said:

? I was responding to the quoted post that specifically referenced Gruden building a team. 

Yeah I know. I was just pointing out that he won't need to be building the Raiders either.

Wasn't calling you out on anything, just quoted you to continue the conversation on him building a team.

Gruden has had the luxury of meeting coaches for production meetings and getting the ins and outs of the modern offenses. As well as defenses. That’s going to be a big difference in his approach to when he last coached. I think he’ll succeed. 

It will be similar to Gibbs.  Will inevitably be moderately successful after a slow start with a strong coaching staff and a couple of playoff appearances.  Overall about 3-5 years with a "mutual" agreement to part ways due to differences in "vision" for the future of team. 

Edited by Titansurf32