Preseason Week 2: Panthers @ Titans Game Day Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is the polar opposite to the shit show of last week, makes getting up at 5am worthwhile

I don't know what they do with Reed. The kids obviously ridiculously talented, PFF had him as a 1st rounder, his proday was awesome, and it's obvious watching him now good he is. He's been utterly dominant. 

That said, no team is going to play the last pick in the draft over a $10 million FA or a mid 1st rounder. Just not gonna happen, politics are a factor in the NFL. The only coaches who don't give a shit & play the best are BB & Carroll, but they also have the equity.

My question is, is Sims better than Reed? He has looked good, but I don't think there's been any competition at all, Sims was penciled in a starter unless Adoree beat him out.

5 hours ago, Face said:

I don't know what they do with Reed. The kids obviously ridiculously talented, PFF had him as a 1st rounder, his proday was awesome, and it's obvious watching him now good he is. He's been utterly dominant. 

That said, no team is going to play the last pick in the draft over a $10 million FA or a mid 1st rounder. Just not gonna happen, politics are a factor in the NFL. The only coaches who don't give a shit & play the best are BB & Carroll, but they also have the equity.

My question is, is Sims better than Reed? He has looked good, but I don't think there's been any competition at all, Sims was penciled in a starter unless Adoree beat him out.

It's a good problem to have at this point. 

6 hours ago, Face said:

Sims has looked really good, I think a better question is Reed vs Jackson/McCain.

25 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Think the reason they're playing Reed at FS is to see if they can cut Searcy. Having a guy who can backup at FS and CB could be really valuable.

Searcy took the paycut and still has a pretty big guarantee, plus I don't believe Reed has anywhere near enough experience at safety to make them feel good enough about him as the main back-up.

43 minutes ago, japan said:

So then it comes down to Reed vs McCain for a roster spot?

McCain is safe imo, he's the back-up in the slot to Ryan, he even played a lot outside in the base in the first two preseason games.

I meant perhaps Reed can climb into the nickel defense, surely his roster spot is safe

17 hours ago, Jonboy said:

I actually think Lewan shredding his knee in the 2nd quarter of a preseason game would finally turn him against Mularkey.

Finally? As opposed to turning on him before a single practice?

• Jonboy unpinned this topic