Randy Gregory suspended one year for violation of substance abuse policy

TitansGuru

I don't have any official numbers but clearly there is a strong probability that if a player has gotten in trouble in college more than once over issues that were similar in nature then it's more than likely he will get in trouble in the pros. It seems like common sense that history is the biggest indicator of what might happen, but it's clear that in college when a player gets in trouble numerous times for the same issue over again its only because it was already a major issue.

22 minutes ago, titansfan said:

I don't have any official numbers but clearly there is a strong probability that if a player has gotten in trouble in college more than once over issues that were similar in nature then it's more than likely he will get in trouble in the pros. It seems like common sense that history is the biggest indicator of what might happen, but it's clear that in college when a player gets in trouble numerous times for the same issue over again its only because it was already a major issue.

Everyone thinks and hopes players can be a Tyrann Mathieu.

44 minutes ago, titansfan said:

And to add to that....

If an issue exists in college, the NFL will more closely monitor it which could be classified as profiling.  Most businesses do the same thing.

I'm sure he was warned about this, more than once.

Edited by MikeTn
typo

His pass rushing skills were legit and he moved like a freaking safety. That said he was underweight and suspect against the run. I was rooting for him because I know he struggles with mental health issues and it's a tough way to go through life. I thought the Cowboys would be able to put supports in place to keep him on the right path. Maybe they have and it hasn't worked. Either way, this is sad news.

• 3 months later...

Report: Randy Gregory failed another drug test(7th!), NFL future in doubt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/29/report-randy-gregory-failed-another-drug-test-nfl-future-in-doubt/

Gregory is currently serving a suspension of at least one year, and in order to be reinstated he will need to demonstrate that he has taken steps toward treatment for his drug problem. However, TMZ now reports that Gregory failed another drug test and then blew off the NFL officials who attempted to contact him in connection with his status in the league’s drug program.

Another failed drug test makes it a near certainty that Gregory won’t be reinstated at the end of his current year-long ban. And if he won’t participate in the league’s drug treatment program, he’ll never be reinstated.