Do we draft a first round QB to hedge our bets on Marcus' iffy recovery?

Denali

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What? No. 

Draft a QB with both 1st rounders in case Marcus doesn't recover and the 1st QB we select doesn't work out. 

This forum is a great source for information. In terms of finding articles etc. But the kneejerk stupidity is tough to bare. Especially after losses.    

4 minutes ago, Denali said:

Only when I have to come down to your level to respond to your posts, sweetie.

So you admit to being a moron? LOL ... OK. If being on your level is spending first round draft picks on QBs when your current star QB is expected back before training camp ... I'll keep my smart ass down here.

Edited by big2033

3 minutes ago, big2033 said:

So you admit to being a moron? LOL ... OK. If being on your level is spending first round draft picks on QBs when your current QB is expected back before training camp ... I'll keep my smart ass down here.

Since when is he expected to return before training camp?  The doctor sounds very concerned and uncertain.  And that applies to both his return and his recovery.

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

The recovery with the damage the doctor listed is six months. 

That is how long he will be out.  Beyond that, we do not know if he will ever recover sufficiently to play at his same level.  This is a bad injury.  6 months from now is after the draft.

Just now, Denali said:

That is how long he will be out.  Beyond that, we do not know if he will ever recover sufficiently to play at his same level.  This is a bad injury.

No, I think you're taking the doctor's tweet to harshly. This isn't on Bridgewater's level. 

Per Roto:

Marcus Mariota has a fractured right fibula/ankle and is done for the season.

The Titans' season is over following Sunday's blowout loss to Jacksonville, and Matt Cassel will take them home in Week 17 against the Texans. Although Mariota finished poorly, he took an expected step forward as a second-year quarterback and has an extremely bright future. Although Mariota seems likely to miss OTAs, we suspect he'll be ready for 2017 training camp.

well, it supposed to be a bad draft for elite quarterbacks (kind of like the year Manuel and Geno) were the top two taken, so I would say we definitely wouldn't want to consider a first round draft pick on one.