*Official Mock Draft Thread* (USER MOCKS MERGED HERE)

10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I have to agree, Robinson is not taking a WR in the first

Yeah, I don't where all this WR in the first stuff is coming from.  If you look at next year, the three starters are pretty much locked in with Wright, DGB, and Matthews.  If you take a WR in the first he isn't going to play his first year.  The Titans don't have that luxury.  They need a day one starter with their first pick.  

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last mock until the draft?

Just stay at 15 for Conklin or Decker and keep a second rounder.

Starting off a mock draft by saying I have no idea what’s going to happen may not be the best way to grab your attention…but I have no idea what’s going to happen. If the draft is a crapshoot then try

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, MariGOATa said:

Right. because mocks in November matter. 

Just now, oldschool said:

Right. because mocks in November matter. 

I never said they mattered. No mocks matter. I said that early in the draft process Treadwell was considered a top 5 prospect. I agree that he isn't anymore but people thought he was talented enough at one time and not having a good 40 time really turned many people off.

1 hour ago, MariGOATa said:

I never said they mattered. No mocks matter. I said that early in the draft process Treadwell was considered a top 5 prospect. I agree that he isn't anymore but people thought he was talented enough at one time and not having a good 40 time really turned many people off.

I like Treadwell just fine and I've said all along having a big sure-handed possession receiver would help Marcus a lot.  But with the Rishard acquisition and the age of our TE personnel, I still like Henry better, especially in an offense that's based on physical play.

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this with our first 4 picks:

15. Jack Conklin

33. Mackenzie Alexander

43. Karl Joseph

45.Kenny Clark

Conklin stabilizes RT and gives us 2 pillars at OT. Alexander and Joseph can give us 2 new starters in the secondary. Clark can play nose or end. Then I'd look at interior OL and OLB depth

I like the hell out of that.

13 minutes ago, MariGOATa said:

Instead of Treadwell at 15 we could take Conklin and then take a guy like Shepard or Boyd instead of Clark. 

With all the other holes, I'm just not sure how much priority they're giving receivers of any kind GOAT,

21 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

Mock Draft Post-Trade 1.0

15th Pick: Laquon Treadwell    WR    Ole Miss
Treadwell will give us a true number one receiver and will allow Wright to move to the right position (pun-intended) in the slot. Treadwell has gradually slid down draft boards due to speed concerns but I wouldn't worry considering his ball skills are incredible. Speed can be overrated as well. He plays with heart and is Hines Ward-esque when blocking. 

33rd Pick: Mackensie Alexander    CB    Clemson
Alexander is as close as you can get to a lock down CB in this draft. I've seen many mocks saying he will make it to us here (I personally think he is top 20 caliber). Alexander can grow into Mccourty's replacement while starting across from him Day One. 

43rd Pick: Karl Joseph    S    West Virginia
Joseph is one of the hardest hitters you will see. He is very athletic and has great instincts. He is good in coverage as well. Joseph's fallback is injury risk but he presents too much upside to ignore. I also heavily considered Darian Thompson for this spot and if you prefer a coverage guy then Thompson is your man. Also, Sua Cravens could be a good fit in LeBeau's scheme at this spot. 

45th Pick: Austin Johnson    NT    Penn State
We desperately need a NT and Johnson is one of the best there is. He could potentially be a three down player as well (a rarity for NTs) due to his prowess in the passing game. Johnson would normally be picked higher but this draft is absolutely filled with DTs. 

64th Pick: Le'Raven Clark     OT    Texas Tech
Many will scream at me that we should have taken a tackle earlier and I can see where you are coming from. However, good GMs and good teams do not draft RTs early. I know we are desperate for a RT but I prefer Clark over any of the guys that would be at 33 anyway (unless Decker/Conklin make it). Clark has long arms and quick feet. He is great in pass protection but sometimes looks goofy when getting to the next level on run plays. That should be able to be fixed over time though as he adjusts from Spread to Pro-style offense. 

76th Pick: Austin Hooper    TE    Stanford
Hooper will hoperfully become the heir-apparent to the aging TE group. He is athletic and is a great vertical threat. He shows desire in blocking though he will need some refinement. He will also need to develop crisper routes to get open at the next level. Luckily, it will be at least one or two years before he is truly called on to step up. 

140th Pick: Victor Ochi    OLB    Stony Brook
Every single team needs a Stony Brook Seawolf on their team to succeed and we are not exception. Ideally, we could get an edge rushed earlier but Ochi is a great consolation prize. Kiper loves this guy (not necessarily a good thing) because he excels at getting to the QB under any circumstance. He will obviously need to adjust but his solid athleticism along with his competitive fire make him worth the pick.

193rd Pick: Keith Marshall    RB    Georgia
I don't see us drafting Keith Marshall (not a very JRob thing IMO) but Marshall is as athletic as they come. He could be great to give Murray some spells especially when using his 4.3 speed against tired defenses. There are injury concerns but it is a sixth round pick so we aren't missing out on much. You could also take a guy like Josh Ferguson here too if you want a more refined football player rather than just an athlete.

222nd Pick: Jakeem Grant    KR    Texas Tech
I have mocked Grant to the Titans is nearly every draft I have done. He is the returner we need. I have never seen a guy with his quickness and elusiveness. He undresses defenders in the open field. At 5'6" he is purely a returner, however. 

Depth Chart:
QB: Marcus Mariota, Matt Cassel, Alex Tanney
RB: Demarco Murray, Keith Marshall, Bishop Sankey
FB: Jalston Fowler
WR1: Laquon Treadwell, Rishard Matthews, Justin Hunter
WR2: Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Douglas
Slot: Kendall Wright
TE1: Delanie Walker, Craig Stevens
TE2: Anthony Fasano, Austin Hooper
LT: Taylor Lewan, Byron Bell (we might pick up another backup lineman somewhere)
LG: Jeremiah Poutasi, Byron Bell
C: Ben Jones, Brian Schwenke
RG: Chance Warmack, Quinton Spain
RT: Le'Raven Clark, Byron Bell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DE: Daquan Jones, Angelo Blackson
NT: Austin Johnson, Al Woods
DT: Jurrell Casey, Karl Klug
LOLB: Derrick Morgan,  Deiontrez Mount
ROLB: Brian Orakpo, Victor Ochi
LILB: Wesley Woodyard, Sean Spench
RILB: Avery Williamson, Nate Palmer
CB1: Jason McCourty, Perrish Cox, Brice Mccain
CB2: Mackensie Alexander, Cody Riggs, Antwon Blake
FS: Karl Joseph, Rashad Johnson
SS: Da'Norris Searcy, Daimion Stafford
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K: Ryan Succop
P: Brett Kern
KOS: Ryan Succop
LS: Beau Brinkley
KR/PR: Jakeem Grant

First player I thought of when we picked up the two 2nd rd. Picks in the trade was Austin Johnson. Didn't think they'd draft a NT till later ...but this guy would be a good fit in our D, and now J. Rob can grab him. Great pick in your mock..and I agree we need one desperately!

6 hours ago, socaltitan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this with our first 4 picks:

15. Jack Conklin

33. Mackenzie Alexander

43. Karl Joseph

45.Kenny Clark

Conklin stabilizes RT and gives us 2 pillars at OT. Alexander and Joseph can give us 2 new starters in the secondary. Clark can play nose or end. Then I'd look at interior OL and OLB depth

Replace Alexander with Fuller or even Will Jackson III and I'm all over this mock. Alexander is too grabby, seems to be off balance often, and really struggles with receivers' inside release. 

23 hours ago, socaltitan said:

Titans haven't looked at any of the top WR as far as we know. It's been guys later in the draft like Lawler and Carroo

Guys to replace Douglas..

18 hours ago, DJB said:

First player I thought of when we picked up the two 2nd rd. Picks in the trade was Austin Johnson. Didn't think they'd draft a NT till later ...but this guy would be a good fit in our D, and now J. Rob can grab him. Great pick in your mock..and I agree we need one desperately!

He hasnt had a visit with us. We have with Vernon Butler and Kenny Clark

• Jonboy pinned, and unpinned this topic