OILERMAN

The Game of Thrones

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

It's been set up since day one. The overarching them of her arc is one of not being able to overcome her targ blood along with her demons. The show just didnt do a good job of showing the progression. Anyone who was team Danny and thought she was going to get the good guy ending was not paying attention.

Are the books more overt in showing that side of her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Are the books more overt in showing that side of her?

No, but then it is behind in the storyline so maybe later they will. 

 

Its actually built up well well enough in the show, they just had a rather abrupt escalation in The Bells 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

No, but then it is behind in the storyline so maybe later they will. 

 

Its actually built up well well enough in the show, they just had a rather abrupt escalation in The Bells 

Well... Missandei's decapitation was rather abrupt too, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Well... Missandei's decapitation was rather abrupt too, so...

I’m one who says her turn was mostly handled well. They had to shove her over a cliff abruptly to make it realistic. Within the span of roughly 1 ep, Jorah died, her 2nd dragon died, Missandei was murdererd in front of her, Jon rejected her romantically, Jon ignored her demand to keep his identity secret (which then got out), and she saw Jon’s popularity eclipsing her own in Westeros which could lead to him taking her throne. I think the bloodthirsty madness angle worked fine. 

 

I think the problem is that she destroyed King’s Landing instead of just the Red Keep. Slaughtering civilians is out of character for her, madness aside. There is a very likely theory that a different character (in the books, not the show) will be driven to madness by the bells and he will somehow destroy the city. 

Edited by Starkiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

No, but then it is behind in the storyline so maybe later they will. 

 

Its actually built up well well enough in the show, they just had a rather abrupt escalation in The Bells 

I agree with this. Many just refused to see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 4:03 PM, Starkiller said:

I’m one who says her turn was mostly handled well. They had to shove her over a cliff abruptly to make it realistic. Within the span of roughly 1 ep, Jorah died, her 2nd dragon died, Missandei was murdererd in front of her, Jon rejected her romantically, Jon ignored her demand to keep his identity secret (which then got out), and she saw Jon’s popularity eclipsing her own in Westeros which could lead to him taking her throne. I think the bloodthirsty madness angle worked fine. 

 

I think the problem is that she destroyed King’s Landing instead of just the Red Keep. Slaughtering civilians is out of character for her, madness aside. There is a very likely theory that a different character (in the books, not the show) will be driven to madness by the bells and he will somehow destroy the city. 

I agree that all of these "notes" can believably lead to madness (not Sparta) but as you say yourself, it happened in the rough span of one episode.  To the viewer, it was basically a flip of a switch.  She had a bad day.

 

Saw a meme that said if the "War of the 5 Kings" were filmed at the speed of S8, then Robert's death to Joffrey's death would have covered 3-4 episodes rather than 2+ seasons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I don’t buy it. But then GRRM hasn’t made anything explicit in the books, much less completed them. 

 

Dany is a main POV character. If there even is a Night King in the books, none of the Others/Walkers has been anything remotely POV. 

 

I can see Dany becoming a threat to become a dictator in the books, too. And I see how a dragon riding conqueror may seem like a mirror image to the threat of ice zombies. But I don’t see them quite as equals.

 

But like in the show, I’m sure it will fall to Jon to kill her. If the Azor Ahai prophecy is of any value then Dany is probably Jon’s Nissa Nissa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is why GRRM has to rush out Fire $ Blood before getting the novels wrapped up...

 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/12/game-of-thrones-prequel-targaryens/

 

And then there were two.

 

HBO is nearing a pilot order for a second Game of Thrones prequel series.

 

And this one has dragons — lots of dragons.

 

The network is said to be close to deal for a project that’s based on the history of the Targaryens. EW hears the series would lead up to and eventually chronicle the house’s civil war — a.k.a the legendary Dance of the Dragons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

There are fresh GoT memes on the daily at the Free Folk reddit.  

 

I had to unsubscribe from that sub. It got annoying as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

 

I had to unsubscribe from that sub. It got annoying as hell.

We might reddit differently ... I just see the memes as I scroll through a couple times a day and don't dig into the comments often.  I get a smile out of the creativity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

There are fresh GoT memes on the daily at the Free Folk reddit.  

 

I'm just sayin... all GOT memes are a little unfresh at this point, even newly birthed ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.