Church Membership Falls Below Majority for First Time

OILERMAN

2 minutes ago, WG53 said:

They were devout christians because they were brainwashed into believing as a child just like 99% of all you dumb fucks.

Not all Christians are brainwashed. I actually rather enjoy the philosophy of Jesus. I think you mean evangelicals versus the people who enjoy the story and believe there is a God. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally I don’t really care whether someone believes in god. We do have the freedom to practice our religion as we choose. It's totally their personal right to believe in a loving god who threatens

https://news.gallup.com/poll/341963/church-membership-falls-below-majority-first-time.aspx   WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans' membership in houses of worship continued to decline last year, dr

Jesus way too woke for most people.  

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Not all Christians are brainwashed. I actually rather enjoy the philosophy of Jesus. I think you mean evangelicals versus the people who enjoy the story and believe there is a God. 

Anyone who believes in a sky daddy and thinks you go to hell for not believing in said sky daddy is brainwashed. Period.

13 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

MadMax..... I mean Jerry Blair is one of those people.  I spent 50 years going to church every Sunday morning, most Wednesday nights and a significant amount of Sunday nights.  I do believe in God.  I just don't believe God would endorse the orange demigod that has been adopted by the very people I used to have fellowship with and ultimately drove me away from the Baptist sanctuary I grew up in.

I so wish I could be MadMax again.

21 minutes ago, WG53 said:

Anyone who believes in a sky daddy and thinks you go to hell for not believing in said sky daddy is brainwashed. Period.

You’re describing evangelicals. 

And by sky daddy do you mean a God or creator or just the notion of a god reigning down judgement? 

18 minutes ago, Jerry Blair said:

MadMax..... I mean Jerry Blair is one of those people.  I spent 50 years going to church every Sunday morning, most Wednesday nights and a significant amount of Sunday nights.  I do believe in God.  I just don't believe God would endorse the orange demigod that has been adopted by the very people I used to have fellowship with and ultimately drove me away from the Baptist sanctuary I grew up in.

I so wish I could be MadMax again.

I do wish you were still MadMax. Throws me off seeing this handle lol. What happened again with that? I saw you post a sliver about something happening but I can’t remember what it was and it was just a short blurb. 

10 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I do wish you were still MadMax. Throws me off seeing this handle lol. What happened again with that? I saw you post a sliver about something happening but I can’t remember what it was and it was just a short blurb. 

I changed ISPs so my email address changed.  When I tried to update on this board, it asked me to confirm.  I never got the confirmation email so my social experiment account became my main (only) account.   I've sent guru a couple PMs - but with no response.  

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

You’re describing evangelicals. 

And by sky daddy do you mean a God or creator or just the notion of a god reigning down judgement? 

A creator that's personally involved, renders judgment, and is seen as omnipotent, omnipresent, etc.

27 minutes ago, WG53 said:

A creator that's personally involved, renders judgment, and is seen as omnipotent, omnipresent, etc.

I would think omnipresent would be inside the notion that the more and more studies they do they’re finding out everything is alive in one way or another. 

I fully agree with you. The notion of some judge mental God looking over our shoulder is completely ridiculous. Maybe God lives vicariously through us all. Who knows? What I do know is that if God’s plan was to condemn around 3/4ths of the world right off the bat to hell then he isn’t God and we need not worry (Orlando Bloom reference FTW). 

I do however think things like meditation are very real as a means of connecting with everything around us. Giving thanks and promoting positive energy is a choice. Like I referenced in an above post I watched a man scream for an hour thinking he had a direct line to God. It’s truly crazy to watch. He would judge me for not being a Christian while almost having a coronary because of his aggressiveness. How is that Jesus or anything resembling a notion of God?

The cosmos is inexplicably big. It’s pissed me off since I was a kid that the idiots would actually believe they know the answer. I watched Cyrus run circles around me when it came to religious philosophy, yet the counter was always easy: do you believe God would condemn people to hell for a choice they never really made (culture/religion)? No matter how deep we dived he couldn’t answer that without circular logic.

Think about Little Earl condemning gays and trans people. He even discusses studies that their lives are ‘destructive’. Well, how many ways can I count that people are destructive to one another?
We live in a country with the largest prison system in the world per capita and aggregate. We have the world’s largest military. I live in a state that is about to make it a possible felon to be homeless.

Drugs, alcohol, anger, vindictiveness, aggression…etc. Think about how morbidly fucking obese this country is and then tell me the gay people are living destructive lives with a straight face. It’s a fucking joke, yet so many people believe this that it’s necessary to counter, which sucks. 

Anyone who believes someone from another religion is going to hell is someone I do not want to be associated with. I pity them while being disgusted. It’s like George Carlin said about stupid people. They’re everywhere and at times all encompassing. Anyone condemning a lifestyle that isn’t harming anyone else is the worst type of hypocrite. They seemingly don’t take any parts of Christ’s teachings to heart. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

8 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Personally I don’t really care whether someone believes in god. We do have the freedom to practice our religion as we choose. It's totally their personal right to believe in a loving god who threatens to condemn them to an eternity of torture and damnation.

But it’s NOT alright for them to impose their beliefs on me and everyone else. 

Amen!