Tanney is better than Ryan. AJ is better than Julio

Flarb

On 6/20/2021 at 7:29 PM, WG53 said:

This is just typical homer hyperbole. 

You need a dictionary. Don’t sling words around that’ll make the smart girls go talk to other dudes. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you fucking Marge?    Because this is the most homer take I've seen, even for this board's standards.       

Right now I'd rather have Tannehill over Matt Ryan.    And you can't put AJ over Julio right now

Tannehill is a game manager at best. He fits right in our system. Thats all he is and its all he will ever be...

Posted Images

Fuck me. I tried to read all the replies, but I developed a cataract at some point. 

I tried to reply as much as I could, but carpal tunnel took my hands after several pages. 

We’re all on the same team, bitches. Now somebody give this one-eyed, no-hands fan an armpit job. If that’s not a thing, I’m making it one. 

Love,

me

28 minutes ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

Peyton is obviously the better QB... 

But as crazy as it sounds Peyton was a tad overrated throughout his career. Possibly the best regular season QB of all time, but he always choked and did not perform well in the playoffs. 

That’s exactly my point. Eli did just enough in the regular season to get into the playoffs. Then he turned into a superstar. 

No sane fan cares about a regular-season superstar when his brother beats the Pats in the SB… twice. 

4 hours ago, GoodToGo said:

Tanney needed tools. Now he has them. What he needs to do now is shine in the playoffs. Ryan is a fantastic QB, but his stats don’t mean shit to me. 

Food for thought… Peyton has all the stats, won two SBs, etc.  He beat a shitty Chicago team and had a noodle arm when he played for the Broncos. His contribution to that team was not spectacular. 

Eli doesn’t have the stats, but he beat what would have been the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME in the SB. He also beat the same GOAT franchise assholes in a subsequent SB. 

Who’s the better QB? That’s for a different discussion, but I had to bring it up. I love Eli. 

Manning was able to coach up the team and be an on field OC just like Brady. Brady, Manning, and Jamarcus Russell have all proven that the asset for a QB is mostly between the ears. 

Tannehill>Mariota because he can read the defenses better, coach the receivers, and be a leader. I still think one day we might see Marcus leading a team through the playoffs, but I have no idea how quickly he can process the info in front of him. My guess? Not quick enough. 

33 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Tannehill>Mariota because he can read the defenses better, coach the receivers, and be a leader. I still think one day we might see Marcus leading a team through the playoffs, but I have no idea how quickly he can process the info in front of him. My guess? Not quick enough. 

No, he won't.  Mariota is what he is at this point.  A backup qb who has to be schemed to success.

4 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

Peyton is obviously the better QB... 

But as crazy as it sounds Peyton was a tad overrated throughout his career. Possibly the best regular season QB of all time, but he always choked and did not perform well in the playoffs. 

Care to elaborate about how he "always choked and did not perform well in the playoffs?"

59 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Manning was able to coach up the team and be an on field OC just like Brady. Brady, Manning, and Jamarcus Russell have all proven that the asset for a QB is mostly between the ears. 

I typed something but deleted it. I think I might have deleted my soul in the process. 

Edited by GoodToGo

On 6/21/2021 at 7:39 PM, TheBukafax said:

They prob were lockstep. They probably agreed that Mariota is most likely shit but they had to make 100p sure as it was a big investment. Jrob didn’t get Tannehill just as a backup.

Yes he did. Tannehill was a backup and insurance in that order. No one including jrob thought Tannehill would be a long time answer at QB. 

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

Yes he did. Tannehill was a backup and insurance in that order. No one including jrob thought Tannehill would be a long time answer at QB. 

Yet Jrob seems to care very little for the backup QB spot. I refuse to believe he didn’t get Tannehill with the intention of starting him eventually.

3 hours ago, unauthorizedcinnamon said:

So according to what your saying is that Alex Smith was an elite QB, right?

No. That's just a point you reached for. Even at his best Smith was never a top 5-7 QB which is why KC was always looking to replace him. Smith also only had 1 really good season while Tannehill is going on two, which is why I say he has consistently produced at a high level. Finding some game manager that has 1 good year or a nice stretch doesn't invalidate anything I've said.

Tannehill has put up 55 TDs over his last 2 seasons while Smith put up 41 TD's in his best two seasons. Tannehill also hits way more big-time throws, has a much better yards per attempt, yards per completion, and and drastically better QBRs. The two aren't comparable. Game managers don't produce like Tannehill has consistently. Period

2 hours ago, oldschool said:

No one will ever convince me that anyone knew what Tannehill was. No fucking way.