Jonboy

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shit, hope Bowen won’t be too distracted

And most of our defensive coaching staff would have trouble getting a job at a Division 3 CFB program.

I hope Arthur doesnt leave.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BudsOilers said:

Regarding Bienemy, I don't think he's helped by the struggles of Nagy and Pederson as right or wrong, Andy Reid is the primary play caller at KC.

It's one of the issues LaFleur had - he'd never called plays before under McVay or Shanahan before coming to the Titans as the OC.

The biggest issue with Bieniemy is the arrest rap sheet, it's a huge PR issue. 

Edited by tgo

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

The biggest issue with Bieniemy is the arrest rap sheet, it's a huge PR issue. 

Yep and I had no idea about it because I thought he should have gotten a job last year. That’s a lot to answer for, but he appears to have corrected it and been a model citizen. It probably is a combo of it and the fact Reid disciples have struggled

Just now, BudsOilers said:

Even taking that into account (which is big), his resume as an OC is skewed by the fact that Reid calls almost all of the plays and they have All Pro's at QB, WR, and TE.....

I'd never hire him as an owner for all these reasons. I think he has very little chance of success. 

Robert Saleh, OTOH, or Todd Bowles would be good hires for a team imo. 

On 1/10/2021 at 11:07 AM, AvgJoe said:

I mentioned this prior to their game last Sunday. Friend in Philly has been saying Pederson is really close to being out since September. He’s in over his head

Interesting. Remember back a few years ago when Mike Lombardi wrote that piece predicting Oederson would get canned for Schwartz, that he was totally in over his head? Then they win the Bowl & Lombardi gets killed. Maybe he was right the whole time. Sports is always looked at in such a short term lense, you really need 3-5 years for things to play out, regarding coaches or draftees. Those Eagles were stacked back then, especially the OL, it was totally dominant. Plus you had Schwartz & Reich as the OC/DC, which is basically like having 2 HC’s, and John DeFillipo who is a very good OC, having big input into the offensive plan. I always did hear rumblings that Pederson was much more of a hands off guy & let these guys do almost all the planning. Which is fine, plenty of guys have won like this. But you need a great staff, and he got exposed when Reich & DeFillipo left.

Vrabel on the other hand is a bit too involved but I’d much rather that. I’m not a fan of pure CEO type coaches. The problem is when it goes from “hands on” to “dictating” though.....