Media States That Clowney is a Massive Bust in Tennessee!!!

Johnson

3 minutes ago, Callidus said:

I expected him to play good against the run and get pressure but not many sacks. I did expect a few sacks by now but not more than 3 or 4. It was why I was so adamant that we should not spend more than 12mil or so on him.

Pretty detailed explanation. 

I expected him not to suck. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know why anyone is surprised or disappointed with Clowney.     People got themselves worked into a frenzy this offseason like he was some sort of dominant game-wrecker a la Aaron Don

We knew going in that sacks weren’t Clowney’s strong suit. He’s still generating pressures and I believe he’s leading the league in win percentage without a sack. I blame our secondary for a lot of it

2 hours ago, nine said:

I don't know why anyone is surprised or disappointed with Clowney.  

People got themselves worked into a frenzy this offseason like he was some sort of dominant game-wrecker a la Aaron Donald .....but what we're seeing is the the exact same guy he's always been:   a good-but-not-great player who will make plays once in a while, but who also disappears for stretches and never quite lives up to his reputation.

The guy has been in the league for seven years.  Why anyone expected him to change now is beyond me.

He’s one of the most disruptive guys in the league (he was amazing for Seattle last year). He’s elite at what he does but it just doesn’t result in sacks for him personally. There’s a reason why watts best years were next to Clowney. 

3 hours ago, nine said:

I don't know why anyone is surprised or disappointed with Clowney.  

People got themselves worked into a frenzy this offseason like he was some sort of dominant game-wrecker a la Aaron Donald .....but what we're seeing is the the exact same guy he's always been:   a good-but-not-great player who will make plays once in a while, but who also disappears for stretches and never quite lives up to his reputation.

The guy has been in the league for seven years.  Why anyone expected him to change now is beyond me.

What I see happening is Clowney is wreaking some havoc and nobody else is there to help finish.  Like his missed tackle on JB, as long as JC was chasing him somebody (Vic Beasley (cough)) should have been back there by then to help.

13 hours ago, SirLanceALot said:

We knew going in that sacks weren’t Clowney’s strong suit. He’s still generating pressures and I believe he’s leading the league in win percentage without a sack. I blame our secondary for a lot of it. Hard to get to the QB when he’s got receivers getting open in less than 3 seconds. To say he’s a bust is wrong. 

Clowney has had multiple chances for a sack and missed.

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

He’s one of the most disruptive guys in the league (he was amazing for Seattle last year). He’s elite at what he does but it just doesn’t result in sacks for him personally. There’s a reason why watts best years were next to Clowney. 

wtf you talking about? Watts best years were 12, 14-15. Clowney wasnt even in the nfl in 12. He didnt play 14 as a rookie (microfracture knee surgery). 15 was basically his rookie year and he didnt do much.

52 minutes ago, GoodToGo said:

If you have eyes in your face, you know he has been awful. Just awful. I don’t even need to comment, really. He’s embarrassing himself. 

I truly believe it’s more scheme and how bad our corners have been, if he continues to not get sacks then yeah. Saying he has been “awful” with as many pressures as he has  is basically saying you don’t know football. 

Just now, Divine said:

I truly believe it’s more scheme and how bad our corners have been, if he continues to not get sacks then yeah. Saying he has been “awful” with as many pressures as he has  is basically saying you don’t know football. 

It’s ok, man. We’ll see. Right? Plenty of games left. Hope I’m wrong and you’re right.