Carson Wentz could be in trouble

IrishTitansFan

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was hilarious that the Eagles piped in boos when he threw that pick in the redzone. Even when they aren't at the stadium the people of Philadelphia find a way! 

He’s in a Miami/Tanny situation right now!

Apparently only qbs not named Wentz are expected to elevate their team regardless of the talent around them.

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Instead of trying to rip me why don’t you defend your position?  What has Carson Wentz done since 2018 to be deserving of any praise whatsoever?

Wentz had a great second half of the season last year and led his team to a division title and playoff birth.  And as previously stated, I have watched the guy put that team on his back with a bunch of scrubs around him.  If you actually watch him play, he's got an accurate arm with lots of zip on the ball.  There's a reason they let Foles walk you know.

What have Rivers, Ryan, or Stafford done since 2018 to be deserving of any praise whatsoever?

You haven't offered a single thing to defend your position that he isn't very good or that guys like Rivers, Ryan or Stafford deserve to be held in a higher regard.

I'm not trying to rip you for the fun of it.  Just pointing out your history of being wrong about QB's.

Edited by abenjami

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

What have Rivers, Ryan, or Stafford done since 2018 to be deserving of any praise whatsoever?

They've all went downhill one way or another.  The only name I'd have issue with on your list is Dak as I think he is a stat complier and just overrated in general.

11 hours ago, abenjami said:

Fulgham didn't play the first 3 weeks of the season and has a whopping 18 career catches.  Yeah, he's been good the past couple of weeks, perhaps because his QB elevated his play.

Greg Ward has "proven" he's a good receiver with his whopping 52 career catches?  Come on man.

Ertz is solid no doubt but he's been seeing tons of coverage with Jeffries, Jackson and Goedert out.  They've also been missing their starting LT and LG.

They’ve actually been missing their LT, LG, RG, RT and Peters who was signed be the be fill in RG and ended up being their LT. Oh and now their new fill in OT Driscolls is out.

Edited by CaliTitan3518

7 hours ago, abenjami said:

Wentz had a great second half of the season last year and led his team to a division title and playoff birth.  And as previously stated, I have watched the guy put that team on his back with a bunch of scrubs around him.  If you actually watch him play, he's got an accurate arm with lots of zip on the ball.  There's a reason they let Foles walk you know.

You haven't offered a single thing to defend your position that he isn't very good or that guys like Rivers, Ryan or Stafford deserve to be held in a higher regard.

I'm not trying to rip you for the fun of it.  Just pointing out your history of being wrong about QB's.

Yeah I'll tell you, he was terrific beating the likes of Washington, the Giants twice and Dallas in the final four games.  Before those games when the competition was tougher he was terrible.  Remember how bad he was in the games against New England and Seattle?

I feel like the lack of weapons around him is a poor excuse for why he's not producing.

Wentz has been such an up and down player, he's tough to give a fair evaluation to.  If he can stay healthy and they can build around him, I think they still believe he can be the guy going forward.

They've been so bad this year though.  

3 hours ago, scine09 said:

Yeah I'll tell you, he was terrific beating the likes of Washington, the Giants twice and Dallas in the final four games.  Before those games when the competition was tougher he was terrible.  Remember how bad he was in the games against New England and Seattle?

I feel like the lack of weapons around him is a poor excuse for why he's not producing.

This will not end well for you

27 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

This will not end well for you

Yeah cause he’s been so great the last 3 years.

Truthfully I really don’t care about him he plays for a team I couldn’t care less about.  I just never understood why people defend him so much when there’s been nothing on the field to back that up.

45 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Yeah cause he’s been so great the last 3 years.

Truthfully I really don’t care about him he plays for a team I couldn’t care less about.  I just never understood why people defend him so much when there’s been nothing on the field to back that up.

Your analysis Of QBs is seriously beyond horrible. This isn’t even to mock you, the track record shows it 

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Your analysis Of QBs is seriously beyond horrible. This isn’t even to mock you, the track record shows it 

Please explain what is so great about Carson Wentz.  Seriously.  I don't get it.

He's been bad this year.  He didn't have a good year last year.  The year before he was in and out due to injury.  It's been nearly 3 years since he was producing at a high level.  And that was his second year.  What has he done to earn all this praise?

Like I said, I have nothing against the guy and really don't care either way.  But it seems like the guy gets credited for having a good season three years ago (in which his backup led them to a Super Bowl win).

2 hours ago, scine09 said:

Please explain what is so great about Carson Wentz.  Seriously.  I don't get it.

He's been bad this year.  He didn't have a good year last year.  The year before he was in and out due to injury.  It's been nearly 3 years since he was producing at a high level.  And that was his second year.  What has he done to earn all this praise?

Like I said, I have nothing against the guy and really don't care either way.  But it seems like the guy gets credited for having a good season three years ago (in which his backup led them to a Super Bowl win).

In 27 games from 2018-2019 Wentz completed 66%, for 7113yds, 48tds, 14 ints and had a 97.7 QB rating. 

Thats not good? 

The Eagles hobbled through the end of the season last year and made playoffs. You want to discredit them beating bad teams, but Wentz has no say or factor on the schedule. By your logic we should discredit our playoffs last year since we beat a bunch of backups in Houston week 17 to clinch a spot. Tannehill shouldn't get any credit for leading the Titans to the playoffs since it went through a bad team. 

Im not sure of what your opinion is of a good QB. Outside of this year Wentz has always impressed me. IMO its hard to write a QB off due to 1 bad season in which he is playing with 1 starting OL and has lost all of their top skill position players. If any of the top QBs in the NFL faced the same circumstances, I don't think they would have a good season either. 

2 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

In 27 games from 2018-2019 Wentz completed 66%, for 7113yds, 48tds, 14 ints and had a 97.7 QB rating. 

Thats not good? 

The Eagles hobbled through the end of the season last year and made playoffs. You want to discredit them beating bad teams, but Wentz has no say or factor on the schedule. By your logic we should discredit our playoffs last year since we beat a bunch of backups in Houston week 17 to clinch a spot. Tannehill shouldn't get any credit for leading the Titans to the playoffs since it went through a bad team. 

Im not sure of what your opinion is of a good QB. Outside of this year Wentz has always impressed me. IMO its hard to write a QB off due to 1 bad season in which he is playing with 1 starting OL and has lost all of their top skill position players. If any of the top QBs in the NFL faced the same circumstances, I don't think they would have a good season either. 

I didn't think he was good last year to be honest.  He was flat out terrible against good competition.  Without looking I'd assume the bulk of his good stats came from 2018 before he got injured and Foles led them again to a playoff win.

There's also something to be said that with him going out in consecutive seasons his backup has been able to lead them to 4 playoff victories, 3 of which he played very well in.