RBG died

Starkiller

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This country... can't even mourn an American Icon without fighting over her body and her seat. We are pathetic.

The ACA is the Republican health bill from the 90s. It's Mitt Romney's Republican law from Massachusetts in the early 00s.    Yet when Obama brought up the same law, suddenly it became a "go

@TennesseeTuxedo   Hey Tux.  She's really dead this time.  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, oldschool said:

I've changed my mind on Pelosi during her second stint as Speaker. Schumer is weak and I can't stand him. 

Every time Schumer appears on TV wearing his glasses as if it's a moustache, I immediately change the channel. I cannot stand that guy. Totally useless and besides having the ability to always find the nearest TV camera at every opportunity, I don't know what he brings to the table.

Edited by Btowner

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Yup. She and all those over 80 fuckers need to go. Stop thinking things can go back to the way they were before. That's for Biden too.

I think Biden would move on it if his entire agenda was imperiled, but not sure on people like Feinstein - they probably just need to retire ASAP. 

6 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Got the votes to confirm a person who hasn’t even been named. Good looking out Republicans. Fucking sycophants. 

Got the votes to move forward before the election.... its basically the same thing though and has been for years. When you control the senate you control the nomination process. 

44 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

If the GOP stacks the court and then uses it to corruptly hand the election to Trump, I don’t just think there will be violence... I think there must be violence. This would be the end of democracy.

Stacks the court? Ha.

So if the SCOTUS nomination and confirmation happens and Biden wins, then he adds SCOTUS justices (stacks the court), is it ok for right wing supporters to cause violence?

It’s worth pointing out that if there is a government shutdown, Trump could unilaterally appoint a temporary Supreme Court justice immediately without a senate confirmation hearing...

https://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-unexpectedly-rejects-democrats-funding-174800884.html

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) rejected the government funding resolution House Democrats introduced Monday, leaving the U.S. government on the verge of a shutdown.

The current government funding package only lasts another nine days, so on Monday, Democrats released a draft resolution that would extend in through Dec. 11. But McConnell alleged the Democrats' proposal "shamefully leaves out key relief and support" for farmers via Commodity Credit Corp. funding — though CNN reports the Trump administration views those funds as "an unaccountable political slush fund."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Sunday rejected the idea that she'd use the spending bill as leverage to stop Senate Republicans from filling Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Supreme Court seat. "None of us has any interest in shutting down government, that has such a harmful and shameful impact on so many people in our country," she said, adding that "we have arrows in our quiver."

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Got the votes to confirm a person who hasn’t even been named. Good looking out Republicans. Fucking sycophants. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how this is surprising.  

The only chance of opposition is if Trump nominates a moderate, which isn't going to happen.  

Hopefully this wakes up the "woke", as they'll have a long time to think about it.  

One other issue I think might change the dynamic is abortion no longer being Constitutional.  So many single issue voters.  If that issue is no longer an issue, it might tilt some to other issues that effect them directly.  Not likely, but possible.  

5 minutes ago, LongTimeFan said:

Stacks the court? Ha.

So if the SCOTUS nomination and confirmation happens and Biden wins, then he adds SCOTUS justices (stacks the court), is it ok for right wing supporters to cause violence?

If the Supreme Court blatantly undermines a democratic election then there can absolutely be cause for violence. The only thing democratic about our country are the elections. This would literally be the end of democracy in America.

And I didn’t say there would be cause for violence just because a court were stacked. I said it would have to undermine a democratic election. Stacking the courts and killing the ACA isn’t cause for violence. Nor is the end of abortion rights. Pretty much just the end of democracy merits a violent response.

5 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Honestly, I'm not sure how this is surprising.  

The only chance of opposition is if Trump nominates a moderate, which isn't going to happen.  

Hopefully this wakes up the "woke", as they'll have a long time to think about it.  

One other issue I think might change the dynamic is abortion no longer being Constitutional.  So many single issue voters.  If that issue is no longer an issue, it might tilt some to other issues that effect them directly.  Not likely, but possible.  

It’s certainly not surprising. This is always how it was going to end . RBG fucked us.