Titans Reach 4-Yr Deal With Henry, $25.5 Million Guaranteed

Jonboy

6 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

You don’t know how puns work, do you?  Are you the type to say the punchline first when telling a joke?

A pun is a play on words, yes. But they work better when you go with the word that sounds like the word you meant and not the non joke word.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now we need to lock in his lead blocker.  

And from earlier in the day...     Update: Official, per Glazer.     Update 2: Terms.    

One important unmentioned consequence of agreeing an extension with Henry is it frees up the franchise tag for next offseason which could be vital with both Jonnu Smith and Jayon Brown among plenty of

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Callidus said:

A pun is a play on words, yes. But they work better when you go with the word that sounds like the word you meant and not the non joke word.

The term "Russian king" first would make no sense as no one is ever referred to using that term. It would be confusing and ruin the joke IMO. Rushin' king is much closer to the term and you still get the czar payoff at the end. 

9 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The term "Russian king" first would make no sense as no one is ever referred to using that term. It would be confusing and ruin the joke IMO. Rushin' king is much closer to the term and you still get the czar payoff at the end. 

Dude I do not an I wont fight with you on this. Idk either way. I just thought the joke would be better the way I put it  

The titans played from behind 75% of the time last year. They also had the highest or second highest run to pass ratio in the league. 

Henry absolutely is the engine and the turbo. 

Tannehill was asked to do very little on his own and rarely did much past his first read. In fact I think he was rated like 30th for passer rating after his first read. 

RT played miles better than MM... But that doesn’t mean he was the heart of the offense. Anybody not broken coming in would look great. 

2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Dude I do not an I wont fight with you on this. Idk either way. I just thought the joke would be better the way I put it  

I thought it was a friendly conversation. Fair enough though.

3 hours ago, titanruss said:

The titans played from behind 75% of the time last year. They also had the highest or second highest run to pass ratio in the league. 

Henry absolutely is the engine and the turbo. 

Tannehill was asked to do very little on his own and rarely did much past his first read. In fact I think he was rated like 30th for passer rating after his first read. 

RT played miles better than MM... But that doesn’t mean he was the heart of the offense. Anybody not broken coming in would look great. 

Oh bullshit. Henry was basically terrible with Mariota under center for 16 out of 20 games going back to 18. If you count the Browns opener then 15 out of 20. Tannehill starts lighting up defenses and all of the sudden Henry looks like the last 4 games in 18 every single game. 

33 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Oh bullshit. Henry was basically terrible with Mariota under center for 16 out of 20 games going back to 18. If you count the Browns opener then 15 out of 20. Tannehill starts lighting up defenses and all of the sudden Henry looks like the last 4 games in 18 every single game. 

What part is BS? We played from behind 75% of the time and stuck to the run which we didnt do before?.. no, thats a fact.

Our run to pass ratio? Thats a fact and a compliment to henry

That RT was one of the lower ranked QBs when it came to second read? Also a fact.

Any threat to pull the defense back opens up holes. MM was broken and couldnt do that. Look at the success of these types of offenses... do you really believe these QBs are all great or that they are fits for the offense?  Goff? The guy in SF?

If RT takes the step to be better on his second read and not take easy sacks... then yeah, he'll be in the argument for "heart" or even the focus of the offense.

You dont run straight at the strongest Run D's in the league over and over and over and think your QB is the heart of the offense. When the QB is the basis of the offense, you use them and play like that.

It's retarded to watch games last season and think DH wasnt the "heart" or the focus of the offense.

44 minutes ago, titanruss said:

What part is BS? We played from behind 75% of the time and stuck to the run which we didnt do before?.. no, thats a fact.

Our run to pass ratio? Thats a fact and a compliment to henry

That RT was one of the lower ranked QBs when it came to second read? Also a fact.

Any threat to pull the defense back opens up holes. MM was broken and couldnt do that. Look at the success of these types of offenses... do you really believe these QBs are all great or that they are fits for the offense?  Goff? The guy in SF?

If RT takes the step to be better on his second read and not take easy sacks... then yeah, he'll be in the argument for "heart" or even the focus of the offense.

You dont run straight at the strongest Run D's in the league over and over and over and think your QB is the heart of the offense. When the QB is the basis of the offense, you use them and play like that.

It's retarded to watch games last season and think DH wasnt the "heart" or the focus of the offense.

This is pretty much all irrelevant. What is relevant is the drastic change in production with Henry when Tannehill became the QB. He was top 3 in 14 of 15 metrics last year. Aussie posted the video showing the in-depth stats. He was excellent and so was Henry. Your notion that Henry drove the offense isn’t based in reality. 

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

This is pretty much all irrelevant. What is relevant is the drastic change in production with Henry when Tannehill became the QB. He was top 3 in 14 of 15 metrics last year. Aussie posted the video showing the in-depth stats. He was excellent and so was Henry. Your notion that Henry drove the offense isn’t based in reality. 

The fact Henry played so well end of 2018 should tell you all you need to know about his impact regardless of who was in the lineup at QB.

7 minutes ago, titanruss said:

The fact Henry played so well end of 2018 should tell you all you need to know about his impact regardless of who was in the lineup at QB.

Then why did he average 3.7 yards with Mariota for 6 games? You aren’t correct about this. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

Then why did he average 3.7 yards with Mariota for 6 games? You aren’t correct about this. 

If it was ALL the QB change then it would literally have been impossible for Henry to go off the last 4 games of 2018 season and the KC playoff game the season before that because Mariota still sucked. The fact that he was able to muster those games were signs that he could be a special player even  back when everyone was talking about how his legs were too long to ever be a good RB.

That said, Tannehill playing at an elite level is most definitely the main reason that Henry was able to consistently dominate after the QB change. Without Tannehill, Henry would instantly go back to inconsistent production; having 3-5 awesome games but having mediocre production for the rest. Tannehill is the engine because nothing goes without him. Losing Henry for a significant period of time would definitely hurt but losing Tannehill would be absolutely crippling and our postseason hopes would die. My support of Henry is well known here but it's foolish to think that Henry is more important to the team's success than Tannehill. It's a QB league until further notice.

4 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

If it was ALL the QB change then it would literally have been impossible for Henry to go off the last 4 games of 2018 season and the KC playoff game the season before that because Mariota still sucked. The fact that he was able to muster those games were signs that he could be a special player even  back when everyone was talking about how his legs were too long to ever be a good RB.

That said, Tannehill playing at an elite level is most definitely the main reason that Henry was able to consistently dominate after the QB change. Without Tannehill, Henry would instantly go back to inconsistent production; having 3-5 awesome games but having mediocre production for the rest. Tannehill is the engine because nothing goes without him. Losing Henry for a significant period of time would definitely hurt but losing Tannehill would be absolutely crippling and our postseason hopes would die. My support of Henry is well known here but it's foolish to think that Henry is more important to the team's success than Tannehill. It's a QB league until further notice.

That’s pretty fair. Henry always had the ability, but he was a ravaging beast as soon as a legitimate passing game was introduced. That was when we became dynamic and went from 16 points a game to 30+ because defenses had to choose their poison. This notion the offense was built around Henry is retarded. We jumped two TDs in production with Tannehill under center. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

8 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That’s pretty fair. Henry always had the ability, but he was a ravaging beast as soon as a legitimate passing game was introduced. That was when we became dynamic and went from 16 points a game to 30+ because defenses had to choose their poison. This notion the offense was built around Henry is retarded. We jumped two TDs in production with Tannehill under center. 

Alright this will sound ridiculous at first but hear me out. The 2019 offense really was built around Henry. The entire team down to a primarily run-blocking offensive line was built for the bully ball that Henry excels at. The hopes coming into 2019 were clearly to ride Henry and hope Mariota could at least be decent feasting off of the single coverage and PA game.

What were didn't know at the time was that the offense just happened to also be tailor-made for Tannehill!  So the way I see it the 2019 Titans were in a way built around both of them and when your offense fits your two most explosive players like a glove, you get the results we saw. Going forward though, I expect Henry to take more of a back seat. Tannehill is just too good to not put the ball on his hands more often.

But yeah, we agree. Tannehill is the key period. He's the least replaceable player on the team and our future heavily depends on him. 

Edited by Mythos27