Biden Cabinet: Confirmation Hearings Underway

tgo

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is really rich coming from a Trump ball licker.

I actually like the barrage of tweets from @tgo. It lets me get a quick 10 minute update on what I missed. 

Honestly, I think it's pervasive in the lower ranks and more nuanced in the upper ranks.  Just like any other facet of life, everyone has bias.  For instance, most of the upper echelons of the Army ar

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

The “threat” of killing the filibuster has zero impact unless they kill it.

And yes, expect Republicans to lean on the filibuster just as they did under Obama to block all legislation.

It really isn’t a question. The strategy from Republicans is to lean on the Dems who wouldn’t follow along with getting rid of the Filibuster. I think they’ll give the Dems one bill on infrastructure. Other than that everything is DOA. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It really isn’t a question. The strategy from Republicans is to lean on the Dems who wouldn’t follow along with getting rid of the Filibuster. I think they’ll give the Dems one bill on infrastructure. Other than that everything is DOA. 

They might give Dems a couple of bills that they want to be seen supporting, too. But these would be few and far between.

Killing the filibuster isn't on the table.  It's reform where the minority has to be ready to produce 40 votes at any time the question is called that will be considered.  The timing just isn't right yet to make the move.  If done, it will be over a high profile issue that will be seen as a major win for democrats.

The way it is now, the minority filibusters and the burden is on the majority to break it.  A reformed approach would be that the minority filibusters and the burden is on them to sustain it.

Edited by ctm

On 1/27/2021 at 7:02 PM, Starkiller said:

The “threat” of killing the filibuster has zero impact unless they kill it.

And yes, expect Republicans to lean on the filibuster just as they did under Obama to block all legislation.

If you see someone carrying a gun, would your try to rob them?