So Why Jon?

SuperTitanic

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here kids, the "short-bus-version."   How can you expect to get back to the conference championship with this lineup (especially if the injury bug attacks)?   Tannehill           

Everyone remember this guy thought we should have signed Tom Brady and then franchised Mariota. 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, SuperTitanic said:

at least we knew Mariota's after coming back from 21 down when Ryan couldn't hold a ten point lead in a far bigger game.

That game happened over 2 years ago. That guy didn’t bother showing up the next 2 seasons. Please stop bringing him up when you talk about “talent lost”. Casey and Conklin? Sure. The rest either got old or are completely replaceable. 

2 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

That game happened over 2 years ago. That guy didn’t bother showing up the next 2 seasons. Please stop bringing him up when you talk about “talent lost”. Casey and Conklin? Sure. The rest either got old or are completely replaceable. 

Yeah that Mariota is gone

9 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Yeah... Mariota wasn't coming back here even if the Titans had wanted him to. That's the problem with these fantasy scenarios... they rarely take into consideration the desire of the player that's being looked at as merely a cog in the overall plan.

I wanted Mariota to work out as much as anyone, and there really are some joke ass hot takes about him that rests on bullshit revisionist history and strange biases, but dude's gone. The moment his butt hit the bench for Tannehill he was gon be gone. I still believe he's got the talent and drive to be a great player in the league, but sometimes greatness doesn't happen on a guy's first stop. It didn't happen for Drew Brees. Mariota had a lot of shitty luck here with various injuries and incompetence of the organization that drafted him.

FWIW, the organization that drafted him is not the current organization. If this version of the Titans front office were to have drafted him in 2015 things would have turned out a lot differently for him here, imo.

1. His flaws as an NFL QB are exactly what the scouting report said
  2. Mariota had ONE YEAR under the moron that drafted him.  The essence of his career was under a regime that catered everything personnel wise to put him in a position to succeed.  Likely because Mularkey and then Vrabel/LaFleur/Smith knew what the dolt fans didn't.  Everything had to be easy and perfect for him to have success. 
  3. I sincerely doubt that Robinson and Vrabel would have been dumb enough to waste the #2 overall pick on a player such as PT.
  4. You should be banned for even mentioning Mariota in the same sentence with Drew Bress unless it's "Drew Brees is a HOF QB and Marcus Mariota is a backup QB".  The irony is that you mention fantasy scenarios and then claim that dumb dumb has the talent and drive to be a great player.  He doesn't have either the talent or the drive.  There's no way a great player sits out week 17 of 2018 in what was essentially a play in game.  No fucking way and it was all because he was afraid the team would pull the 5th year option........

28 minutes ago, BudAdams said:
  1. There's no way a great player sits out week 17 of 2018 in what was essentially a play in game.  No fucking way and it was all because he was afraid the team would pull the 5th year option........

I had already given up on him being a good QB, but that game was where I said fuck him as a player, get him off the team. His comments in Oakland have further cemented he’s a soft little bitch. Good riddance. 

On 3/28/2020 at 3:55 PM, Dinx81 said:

Dixie, let's just stop with all this fan far ignorance, alright. I'll kill the Mariota topic once and for all afterwards, since it's history now. I don't how old you are, but there are pnly three quarterbacks in the long history of this franchise worth mentioning as game changers for what they did for this organization. Warren Moon, Steve McNair, and Marcus Mariota. All three at the very least turned their shit teams into playoff winners. My God! 

Cody Carlson,  Bucky Richardson, Billy Joe Tolliver, Will Furer, Neil O'Donnell, Billy Volek, Dave Krieg, Rusty Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker and Vince Young.

At least Chris Chandler and Kerry Collins went to Super Bowl's with other teams and Vince Young gave us a glimpse of a moment, but would never put him in third place let alone tied with Marcus. Jake Locker fucking quit football like a little bitch and Matt Hasselbeck like Young, gave an honorable mention effort for one full season.  So "thumps down" like a child all you want with everyone else, Marcus Mariota was worth every moment more so than every other name above.  

6 minutes ago, SuperTitanic said:

Dixie, let's just stop with all this fan far ignorance, alright. I'll kill the Mariota topic once and for all afterwards, since it's history now. I don't how old you are, but there are pnly three quarterbacks in the long history of this franchise worth mentioning as game changers for what they did for this organization. Warren Moon, Steve McNair, and Marcus Mariota. All three at the very least turned their shit teams into playoff winners. My God! 

Cody Carlson,  Bucky Richardson, Billy Joe Tolliver, Will Furer, Neil O'Donnell, Billy Volek, Dave Krieg, Rusty Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Locker and Vince Young.

At least Chris Chandler and Kerry Collins went to Super Bowl's with other teams and Vince Young gave us a glimpse of a moment, but would never put him in third place let alone tied with Marcus. Jake Locker fucking quit football like a little bitch and Matt Hasselbeck like Young, gave an honorable mention effort for one full season.  So "thumps down" like a child all you want with everyone else, Marcus Mariota was worth every moment more so than every other name above.  

The fact that you would even mention Marcus in the same sentence as Moon or McNair tells me all i need to know. Won’t read anything past that. 

1 minute ago, Dinx81 said:

The fact that you would even mention Marcus in the same sentence as Moon or McNair tells me all i need to know. Won’t read anything past that. 

You're serious? I mean, really dude? This board must be full of kids. I'll presume for the sake of titansreport.com that Jake Locker and Vince Young were better draft picks. I guess we should've traded up for Winston or called back Hasselbeck or Collins. 

Says the DixieChicks. 

By the by way, the Tennessee Titans haven't won more than nine games since 2008 or a Conference/Super Bowl Championship with any quarterback or coach at the helm.