Henry: “Why Not Tannehill?”

TitansFan23

5 hours ago, Justafan said:

The real question is why anyone would give up on the guy who got you to the AFCC to go after a 43 year old QB who showed clear signs of regression last season?  Brady might not be quite done yet, but he's not exactly Brady anymore either. 

Some people are stupid?

Supposedly CD struggled with turf toe all year, so that could explain why he didn’t have as much of an impact. If he returns to his form from 2 seasons ago or improves on that, that would be huge. I think you have to at least tag tannehill. Not interested in Brady at all to be honest, unless they plan to draft a guy to sit behind him, then maybe. 

3 hours ago, AC104 said:

Supposedly CD struggled with turf toe all year, so that could explain why he didn’t have as much of an impact. If he returns to his form from 2 seasons ago or improves on that, that would be huge. I think you have to at least tag tannehill. Not interested in Brady at all to be honest, unless they plan to draft a guy to sit behind him, then maybe. 

Turf Toe is a very difficult injury for a WR to play through.  Hopefully the offseason rest will help in clearing it up.  Some players have seen it end their careers, but they are usually older.  Davis is a tough player and is will to do whatever it takes to help the Titans.  He's always downfield blocking and doing a lot of the work some receivers don't put their heart into.  

6 hours ago, Number9 said:

Turf Toe is a very difficult injury for a WR to play through.  Hopefully the offseason rest will help in clearing it up.  Some players have seen it end their careers, but they are usually older.  Davis is a tough player and is will to do whatever it takes to help the Titans.  He's always downfield blocking and doing a lot of the work some receivers don't put their heart into.  

Agreed, I look for him to bounce back next year. I’m still not ready to give up on him being a number 1. Not saying he will be a top 5-10 guy in the game, but I think him and AJ can be one of the better duos in the league. 

On 2/18/2020 at 1:29 PM, Rogue said:

Because some feel Tannehill will suck next year and we have a better chance at finding a good QB high in the first round.  

Feelings, you know?  

There's a chance Henry might suck next year before tannihil does,just think about it, as long as tannihil plays like he did last season we should be ok, but the focus is going to be on henry, because of how great he played this year, now what's the chance that he will have another year like he did

On 2/18/2020 at 2:08 PM, smokeater said:

Yeah, to hell with this winning shit.

There were people still clamoring for MM after he had proven to be a horrible, losing, starting QB, but we get someone in here who immediately wins and brings us a couple quarters away from the Super Bowl and it's "we got to get rid of this motherfucker now." "Why?"  "No good reason, but we just do."

It's a fairly extraordinary look into the human psyche.

Seriously though, I think its the same thing that people don't like about re-tread head coaches.  They  like the hope of the unknown young new talent over the known already seen that experienced guy.

I know right, i think tannihil will be fine next season, he's a veteran qb who played on worse teams in Miami, I don't understand why fans don't buy into tannihil since he's the reason we even made the playoffs last year anyways, Henry didn't start playing great until the qb Change took place and tannihil was doing his thing, 

On 2/19/2020 at 5:59 AM, JoelinBellevue said:

There should have been no chance Mariota started the season nor lasted 6 games. Never underestimate the ability of the Titans to shoot themselves in the foot, or ignore prosperity.

Ikr, the funny thing about it is that on a different tread fans are saying we should keep Mariota ,or resign him, which is dumb, the coaching staff have to get it together next season, that's for sure

When teams look at tape on tannehill and figure him out it’ll be a wrap for us and when teams key in on Henry it’ll be a handicapped offense. With Brady I trust to be smart with the ball make plays and still be able to win games. I don’t trust Tannehill idc how good of a year he had. We’ve seen this so many times with so many backups getting big pay days after one glimmer of hope. I could name 20 guys who fit this bill. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

When teams look at tape on tannehill and figure him out it’ll be a wrap for us and when teams key in on Henry it’ll be a handicapped offense. With Brady I trust to be smart with the ball make plays and still be able to win games. I don’t trust Tannehill idc how good of a year he had. We’ve seen this so many times with so many backups getting big pay days after one glimmer of hope. I could name 20 guys who fit this bill. 

Tape on him? Teams had like 6 years of tape on him...