We might need to draft a QB

NashvilleNinja

4 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Yea im a homer who was ready to ship Mariota ... face it youre just bitter.

The fact im being called a homer by the likes of you is laughable. Why because i think Tannehill is better than Mariota? ???

Dude, you were calling Tannehill trash before he started for Tennessee. Do you want me to quote it? Your a Homer, get over it.

Edited by Tomachek

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fucking hate this board sometimes. 

No, this is not a bash on Tannehill thread. Dude was money for most of the games he played in, at least for what we asked of him. And no, this is not a call to let him go to free agency. He's earned a

Man you guys turn on a dime.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

SO PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY:

At what number do you walk away from Tannehill, and what free agents are worth losing to retain him?

This is the wrong argument AGAIN.  They expected to pay money for a QB.  His money is already factored in.  The free agents they choose to let go are because they either  want to sign players to extensions (Brown, Smith, Jackson etc..) or upgrade another position (EDGE).   If they lose FAit won't be because they want to pay Tannehill.

Are you familiar with team building AT ALL?

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This is the wrong argument AGAIN.  They expected to pay money for a QB.  His money is already factored in.  The free agents they choose to let go are because they either  want to sign players to extensions (Brown, Smith, Jackson etc..) or upgrade another position (EDGE).   If they lose FA, it won't be because they want to pay Tannehill.

Are you familiar with team building AT ALL?

JRob tried to sign Tannehill to a two year deal, so no they weren't planning to pay. No one could have predicted Tannehill success this year. But yeah man your right, every time someone leaves in free agency it's because the team didn't want to retain them. ?

2 minutes ago, Tomachek said:

JRob tried to sign Tannehill to a two year deal, so no they weren't planning to pay. No one could have predicted Tannehill success this year. But yeah man your right, every time someone leaves in free agency it's because the team didn't want to retain them. ?

Actually they were planning to pay a QB. Most CW just thought it'd be Mariota.  Again are you familiar with team building?  

6 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Actually they were planning to pay a QB. Most CW just thought it'd be Mariota.  Again are you familiar with team building?  

You make it so simple. You sign who you want, when you want, no matter what. Zero implications. If anyone leaves it's because the team didn't want to retain them. Did I sum

Just now, Tomachek said:

You make it so simple. You sign who you want, when you want, no matter what. Zero implications. If anyone leaves it's because the team didn't want to retain them. Did I sum

Yes it is that simple.  You obviously can't keep all of them and have to make decisions.  I'm sorry you don't understand this or much of anything really.  But keep on going in circles, I'm sure you'll get it...or not.

1 hour ago, Tomachek said:

It's hilarious how fluster people like you and everyone gets. Literally this whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

I simply wanted to know at what point do we cut off negotiations and move on from Tannehill. Signing him long term vs short term is just a matter of difference of opinion. However, due to lack of reading comprehension its twisted into "I want Tannehill gone, because I don't want to pay him".

We are basing the future of this organization off the play of 10 games when we have 6 years of games from his time in Miami. Some members are ready to pay him top 5 money for those 10 games. Yes, it will be top 5 money because the league is the Next Man Up mentality.

Bash me all you want, it really doesn't bother me. This team improved when Tannehill took over, theirs no denying that. I still think the team success still had more to do with Derrick Henry running, play action pass and just having a competent Quarterback throwing the ball. I feel with the Vrabel wants to play the game, this team can still be successful with another QB.

In the perfect world we retain Ryan Tannehill and all our free agents. That's not going to happen. 

SO PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY:

At what number do you walk away from Tannehill, and what free agents are worth losing to retain him?

Man I am going to be labelled an habitual offender of the sites no-book writing clause for this response, but I am going to go ahead and do it anyways.  It's a Saturday and I am bored.  excuse the poor grammar, I have no intention on cleaning this up.

When people make statements, they tend to have supporting arguments that back that up in their minds,   The point of a conversation is if you feel that your are right, you provide counter points to the points being made.  In that regards, I may have overlooked your overall statement by focusing my response to that one quoted statement.

I would agree that sometimes people take things out of proportion, but let's be honest.  The comment I quoted came from you.  At some point you may have indeed stated your question about at what point do you not pay a player his contract demands, I believe there are quite a few people that actually answered the question by stating the salary cap and position are the factors that determine this number and it is not a hardcoded figure.

This then evolved into what is the market demanding for a player of Tannehills caliber which ultimately lead to you making the quote that I placed above in my initial response to this thread.  All I did was try the best way that I can to thoroughly blow a whole through your thought process of stating that Tannehill can't take a team to the superbowl and those other guys can.  You are welcomed go through and present counter points to that, instead of just blowing it off as me taking what you are stating as out of proportion.

As it relates to what you just stated above,   I believe you unfairly de-value the QB position.  IMHO this happens all the time for folks, who see ball, get ball.  You see henry doing what he does well, and you immediately think well, if defense has to stop henry then any average QB should be able to  rip the middle of the field apart.  You forget about the qb understanding the coverage and the defense that is on the field.  You forget about the many stunts and shift's the defensive plays make and that has to be accounted for when it comes to getting the offense in the right position at the line of scrimmage.  You also forget about timing, ball placement, the timing, and sometimes silent communication that happens on the field real time a qb is responsible for.  But I think most importantly, you forget about being able to all of this with that big arm of his.  He consistently can make throws with ease from almost anywhere on the field that other QB's wish they could make half the time.  I know the season is over and we are all about what have done for me lately, but it is all on film, go back and watch it on YouTube if you need to refresher.

If you need some help understanding the value of this, you need to go back to the John Grudens raiders press conference after Tannehill did them in.  I will quote him in stating that he lauded Tannehills "pin point audibles" for ripping apart his defense. 

What I know when I joined this board is that everyone was talking about trading Henry and trying to get another back with a different skill set to help out the offense.  Were they right when the were stating that then?  I also heard only scant whispers of AJ browser ability and that the coaching staff sucked. What takes a qb from good to elite is his ability to make those adjustment mentioned earlier.   Those tangibles, allow Henry to show that he can be all he has been all his career (which was a elite back), It also allows the coaching staff to focus on getting the other players ready, because you can count on your QB doing his job better than the other QB in orchestrating the personal on the field and making the plays work.  Not every QB can do that, even what you call the good/average one's struggle with line adjustments, leadership, timing and accuracy.  Some of these traits don't directly show on the stat sheet for the QB, but manifest itself in these 200 yard rushing, and 100 receiving stats that some of the other players are getting.  This type of QB production while unnoticed is what usually what keeps good teams playing great for years.

How much is that worth to you?  You state that you saw the difference that Tannehill made when he took over, but are you placing the right value on the results?  I would say No.  The team got to within 1 quarter of good play calling from the super bowl, but yet you make statements that you did in my first post quoting you about how close we can get to the Super Bowl.  The fact that this happened, makes me question your ability to objectively place that value.  Since it is just your honest opinion as stated above, I guess you are entitled to it.  So for this I apologize.

Edited by lazyLurker

17 minutes ago, lazyLurker said:

Man I am going to be labelled an habitual offender of the sites no-book writing clause for this response, but I am going to go ahead and do it anyways.  It's a Saturday and I am bored.  excuse the poor grammar, I have no intention on cleaning this up.

When people make statements, they tend to have supporting arguments that back that up in their minds,   The point of a conversation is if you feel that your are right, you provide counter points to the points being made.  In that regards, I may have overlooked your overall statement by focusing my response to that one quoted statement.

I would agree that sometimes people take things out of proportion, but let's be honest.  The comment I quoted came from you.  At some point you may have indeed stated your question about what at what point do you not pay a player his contract demands, I believe there are quite a few people that actually answered the question by stating the salary cap and position are the factors that determine this number and it is not a hardcoded figure.

This then evolved into what is the market demanding for a player of Tannehills caliber which ultimately lead to you making the quote that I placed above in my initial response to this thread.  All I did was try the best way that I can to thoroughly blow a whole through you thought process of stating that Tannehill can't take a team to the superbowl and those other guys can.  You are welcomed go through and present counter points to that, instead of just blowing it off as me taking what you are stating as out of proportion.

As it relates to what you just stated above,   I believe you unfairly de-value the QB position.  IMHO this happens all the time for folks, who see ball, get ball.  You see henry doing what he does well, and you immediately think well, if defense has to stop henry then any average QB should be able to  rip the middle of the field apart.  You forget about the qb understanding the coverage and the defense that is on the field.  You forget about the many stunts and shift's the defensive plays make and that has to be accounted for when it comes to getting the offense in the right position at the line of scrimmage.  You also forget about timing, ball placement, the timing, and sometimes silent communication that happens on the field real time a qb is responsible for.  But I think most importantly, you forget about being able to all of this with that big arm of his.  He consistently can make throws with ease from almost anywhere on the field that other QB's wish they could make half the time.  I know the season is over and we are all about what have done for me lately, but it is all on film, go back and watch it on YouTube if you need to refresher.

If you need some help understanding the value of this, you need to go back to the John Grudens raiders press conference after Tannehill did them in.  I will quote him in stating that he lauded Tannehills "pin point audibles" for ripping apart his defense. 

What I know when I joined this board is that everyone was talking about trading Henry and trying to get another back with a different skill set to help out the offense.  Were they right when the were stating that then?  I also heard only scant whispers of AJ browser ability and that the coaching staff sucked. What takes a qb from good to elite is his ability to make those adjustment mentioned earlier.   Those tangibles, allow Henry to show that he can be all he has been all his career (which was a elite back), It also allows the coaching staff to focus on getting the other players ready, because you can count on your QB doing his job better than the other QB in orchestrating the personal on the field and making the plays work.  Not every QB can do that, even what you call the good/average one's struggle with line adjustments, leadership, timing and accuracy.  Some of these traits don't directly show on the stat sheet for the QB, but manifest itself in these 200 yard rushing, and 100 receiving stats that some of the other players are getting.  This type of QB production while unnoticed is what usually what keeps good teams playing great for years.

How much is that worth to you?  You state that you saw the difference that Tannehill made when he took over, but are you placing the right value on the results?  I would say No.  The team got to within 1 quarter of good play calling from the super bowl, but yet you make statements that you did in my first post quoting you about how close we can get to the Super Bowl.  The fact that this happened, makes me question your ability to objectively place that value.  Since it is just your honest opinion as stated above, I guess you are entitled to it.  So for this I apologize.

People were literally calling Tannehill a Mariota clone, looking at you @big2033. Now after 10 games, they want to crown him a franchise Quarterback. 

People choose to ignore this team has been to the playoffs and had three winning seasons before Ryan Tannehill. Sure he may be the best option we have today, it's my opinion we can do better down the road. It's the chance you have to take.

People seem to forget how many breaks we even got this season to even make the playoffs. Fumble on the goal line, a block kick, Texans resting their starters week 17.

Are we that confident in a 10 game stretch in the regular season worth a massive contract?

5 hours ago, Tomachek said:

@big2033

How many of these do you want me to screen shot and add to this topic for discussion?

Screenshot_20200125-173132.png

Lol whats your point? I once said that tannehill was a mariota clone ... he proved me wrong ... hence why he deserves a contract. 

??‍♂️

Hes better than Mariota ... much better. You cant get over that it looks like. 

Also, he is a bit of a Mariota clone ... except that he does everything better ???

Man you so exposed yourself after all this.

Edited by big2033

53 minutes ago, luvyablue256 said:

"But, muh Marry-ota!"

Its so obvious and clear this is what its about. The guy went digging to find Tannehill comments like I havent already acknowledged it then to everyone in this forum. 

I underestimated him and we all underestimated just how bad Mariota was ... maybe except @BudAdams

Edited by big2033

3 hours ago, Tomachek said:

People were literally calling Tannehill a Mariota clone, looking at you @big2033. Now after 10 games, they want to crown him a franchise Quarterback. 

People choose to ignore this team has been to the playoffs and had three winning seasons before Ryan Tannehill. Sure he may be the best option we have today, it's my opinion we can do better down the road. It's the chance you have to take.

People seem to forget how many breaks we even got this season to even make the playoffs. Fumble on the goal line, a block kick, Texans resting their starters week 17.

Are we that confident in a 10 game stretch in the regular season worth a massive contract?

If only Mariota had these opportunities... ???