How do you rate JRob.

Number9

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jrob is a top 5 GM. His hits across the board don't leave much room for competition. His signings have been incredible.    2015 without Jrob. 3-13 laughing stock.  2016:   Sig

If Tannehill gets an extension and plays well for the next couple years JRob will be thought of as a genius for getting him for a 4th

Lombardi is a hack with a personal vendetta against jrob. You look foolish hanging your hat on that statement. The fact is jrob has had total control for less than 2 years and you have no clue whether

Posted Images

4 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I'll guarantee Robinson decided to start Mariota longer than the coaching staff wanted to and that's likely to eventually come out. I'll go easy on y'all when it does, I promise. 

Like I said - if it does end up that way, then I'll give you props. 

It just doesn't seem in his wheelhouse to do that.  

9 hours ago, oldschool said:

Lombardi is a hack with a personal vendetta against jrob. You look foolish hanging your hat on that statement. The fact is jrob has had total control for less than 2 years and you have no clue whether that includes the QB decision. The much more likely scenario is that the org decided to give Mariota year 5 because he couldn't be evaluated in year 4 due to the nerve injury. Who made the ultimate decision is unknown but we know AAS fired Whiz for not protecting Mariota and we know she hired Mularkey for protecting him to the max. If you remove your bias from the equation it's much more likely the owner wanted the org to give Mariota one last chance. It's way more plausible than your scenario and it's not even close. Too bad we'll never know.

He and Oman are just the same on this, they dig their heels in on something, and then every media person whose speculation agrees with them suddenly becomes proof positive they're right.

oldschool bashed Cosell the same way he's bashing Lombardi when he was saying Mariota was a good QB. Attack the source if he doesn't agree. 

There were multiple people in Nashville last week when talking about this issue that just spoke as if it was a known fact Lombardi was talking about Robinson in terms of being "the front office", which of course it was. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

oldschool bashed Cosell the same way he's bashing Lombardi when he was saying Mariota was a good QB. Attack the source if he doesn't agree. 

There were multiple people in Nashville last week when talking about this issue that just spoke as if it was a known fact Lombardi was talking about Robinson in terms of being "the front office", which of course it was. 

Lombardi is a known hack which is why he cant sniff a front office job despite having the connections and the resume to land one. Go ahead and die on this hill....

as for cossel hes an overvalued asset used by fans like yourself. I dont put any stock in his opinions one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Lombardi is a known hack which is why he cant sniff a front office job despite having the connections and the resume to land one. Go ahead and die on this hill....

as for cossel hes an overvalued asset used by fans like yourself. I dont put any stock in his opinions one way or the other.

Yea I die on a hill, good one. As opposed to AAS wanted to see MM 6 games, 2 with Lewan. You better believe I will. 

My opinions were the same with or without Cosell but he was right, you were wrong. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

It’s always the same dullards that have to be led or in some cases dragged towards the truth.

On 11/12/2019 at 5:48 PM, OILERMAN said:

Doesn't matter, we'll likely never know for sure. Believe it or don't. 

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

It’s always the same dullards that have to be led or in some cases dragged towards the truth.

Come on Bud, don’t backtrack on your statement that Robinson is a bad drafter. Stick with your original point. 

13 hours ago, BudAdams said:

robinson was a 2nd year GM leaking to the national media that Mularkey was on thin ice in 2917

Holy shit Mularky and Robinson are immortal?

My great great great great great great...... Great ...... Great grandchildren are gona have 2 deal with 900 strait 9-7 seasons?

Edited by Callidus

11 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

My point has always been that he’s overrated on here as a great GM.  I’ve stated over and over that he’s solid.  

his drafting has been up and down.  As has been his FA moves.  

Keep on lying Japan.  

He is overrated by some on the board however you are taking it to another level.

2 minutes ago, oldschool said:

He is overrated by some on the board however you are taking it to another level.

I’ve said he is solid and pointed out why.  I’ve never said he was below average as you claimed I did nor did I say he was a bad drafter like Japan made up.

He’s had total control the last two seasons with his players and coaching staff.  It’s a results business.  Build a perennial playoff team and I’ll upgrade his status