Vrabel Needs To Go

SirLanceALot

16 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

You know what I mean by that. I mean the person paying Vrabel wanted to see Mariota succeed. Being on the programs shouldn't matter, but it does, and you know it.

Every team wants to win, but they also want to make money. It sucks that in this case, those two interests were in conflict, but they were.

Seems obvious...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had no problem with the call.  The lack of challenging the spot, however was an issue.

This was the best Titans win in a while and you guys want to bitch and moan. Looks like we finally have an NFL quarterback. 

QB sneak is always the right call in that situation. They need to tell Tannehill to go low from now on. 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Yea those are hard to win.  Probably a better complaint is why we didn't bang Henry in there.  We shifted Lewan to the right side and should have just powered Henry over the right side on a quick hitting play.  Tannehill didn't run the sneak properly either.  Almost better to hesitate and pick an opening.  Instead he went high right into a guy.  Either way I'm letting Henry have the ball there or calling a play action pass.  I bet Smith or someone is wide open if we do that.  They were expecting the sneak first and Henry 2nd.  Give Tannehill a couple of options off play action and I bet it is an easy first down and the game basically ends there.  IMO going for it was the right call.  The play was not the right call.  

Henry would have been met in the backfield.

Going for it was the absolutely the right call, not challenging the spot was beyond stupid especially when you have 3 timeouts. You have nothing to lose.  Vrabel is below average as a coach in my opinion. Lots of guys on here like him because he hangs out in the break room with the staff. 

1 hour ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Vrabels biggest mistake by far was calling a timeout and stopping the 10 second run off near the end

I'm torn on this one. I get what he was trying to do (preserve enough time for our offense to have a shot).

I think with the Chargers having no timeouts left and Vrabel realizing that there realistically wasn't enough time to go and score the TD (Remember, assuming LA made the extra point it would be a 4 point game), letting the time run off was probably wise after taking the first timeout and preserving at least some time.  And it ended up working out.  Let's suppose that Gordon did not fumble and the Titans had just stopped him on the one and they didn't review it.  The Chargers would have scrambled to even spike the ball to get a FG opportunity or time for one last shot at the win.  Had he taken the TO that would not have been the case.

Edited by scine09

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

I'm torn on this one. I get what he was trying to do (preserve enough time for our offense to have a shot).

He probably should have burned

them all on that drive. If you’re going to save the time-outs then use them. 

9 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Long winning well run teams don't care about that stuff, perineal losing teams care about that stuff. 

I do think some people are promoting this idea vs Robinson and/or Vrabel are buffoons and were too stupid to start the right QB. 

After the shitshow that the ownership has put on for the last 20 years or so, can you blame them?  Hell, the stupidity and the backstabbing within the Adams family has been more entertaining than the on-field product.