Tannehill Named Titans Starter

big2033

26 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Well he was starting threads non stop bashing the shit out of Mularkey/Robeski and the offense.... The defense is saving the day! Laughed at anyone(me) that dared even suggest it was the QB not the coaches. He was posting non stop then. 

Around the same time he realized he was wrong he stopped posting much in the Titans section.

Was it a coincidence? 

My favorite one is still "we have to run a Patriots style offense to fully take advantage of Mariota".  And even he was smart enough and bailed on Mariota like in the preseason.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live look-in at Corey Davis.   

I feel bad now that it happened.  

Posted Images

Huston takes the cake..... that dude was straight up laughing at people that criticized Mariota. He begged me to bet him about MM not getting benched. 

He bailed late in preseason, he knew after seeing preseason. 

35 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I was laughing listening to Herndon and the other guys on their podcast, Titans and F words.... They were wrong about Mularkey, he understood Mariota better than anyone etc.... He got a raw deal etc.....

Hilarious 

He may have understood Mariota better than anyone, but he certainly didn’t get a raw deal...

3 minutes ago, japan said:

He may have understood Mariota better than anyone, but he certainly didn’t get a raw deal...

As if you know, you were one of the main ones screaming he was ruining Mariota or the offense wasn't utilizing MM correctly and all the other incorrect drivel 

13 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

As if you know, you were one of the main ones screaming he was ruining Mariota or the offense wasn't utilizing MM correctly and all the other incorrect drivel 

My main criticism of Mularkey was the stupid trickeration all of the time that would kill momentum. Guy was the worst. Driving down the field then run a Statue of Liberty play that gets us -5. Kills the drive.   Every 2 point conversion: trick play that gets blown up. Fuck that guy. No amount of revisionist history is going to convince rational people that he was a good coach. 

2 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

13-3 with a home win against the Steelers. Collins was 38 or so. Never expected to be a starter. Just brought in to mentor VY. Throwing it away for him at his age was smart. Live to fight another play and all that. 

Joel speaking some truth. 

We should have been doomed when CJ was intentionally injured. But somehow it took Crumpler and Lenwhale to cost us the game. 

12 minutes ago, japan said:

My main criticism of Mularkey was the stupid trickeration all of the time that would kill momentum. Guy was the worst. Driving down the field then run a Statue of Liberty play that gets us -5. Kills the drive.   Every 2 point conversion: trick play that gets blown up. Fuck that guy. No amount of revisionist history is going to convince rational people that he was a good coach. 

I've actually been going back and reading the old threads, comedic gold. I'm not going to bog down the board right now but it will be done. So many people said they were done watching the Titans after the Mularkey extension was announced because of the offense. Yikes

I will go ahead as ask this one. You kept squawking that oldschool had me nailed concerning my "Mariota agenda". What exactly was my "agenda"? I'm asking seriously. 

BTW, soxcat might be right, I might actually be some kind of prophet. 

34 minutes ago, japan said:

Joel speaking some truth. 

We should have been doomed when CJ was intentionally injured. But somehow it took Crumpler and Lenwhale to cost us the game. 

They would have lost to the Steelers the next week w/o CJ anyway

49 minutes ago, JoelinBellevue said:

13-3 with a home win against the Steelers. Collins was 38 or so. Never expected to be a starter. Just brought in to mentor VY. Throwing it away for him at his age was smart. Live to fight another play and all that. 

I agree with this. But this is why it bothered me that 25-year old Mariota was supposed to throw it away at any sign of trouble. That was the beginning of the end for me with him being a franchise QB. If your "star" has to make plays like a 38-year-old mentor you picked the wrong guy.

20 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I've actually been going back and reading the old threads, comedic gold. I'm not going to bog down the board right now but it will be done. So many people said they were done watching the Titans after the Mularkey extension was announced because of the offense. Yikes

I will go ahead as ask this one. You kept squawking that oldschool had me nailed concerning my "Mariota agenda". What exactly was my "agenda"? I'm asking seriously. 

I don’t remember that.  Not doubting you.

Edited by japan

18 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

No offense but I don’t think many have changed their tune...

The lesson is don't buy into hyperbole. No coach should be able to ruin a person/QB. Especially one that directly helped steady a franchise. The stance never made sense.

In the end it seems like the GM wasn't sure if the passing issues were on the coach or QB. So he made a change to find out. Sad but true. That said, this is always the way it goes in the NFL. The coach is blamed before the QB.

1 minute ago, big2033 said:

In the end it seems like the GM wasn't sure if the passing issues were on the coach or QB. So he made a change to find out. Sad but true. That said, this is always the way it goes in the NFL. The coach is blamed before the QB.

I don't believe this at all. 

Robinson wanted his own guy, period. He may have used the QB's development as a reason to get his own guy. 

The scarier issue is the GM didn't know it was the QB heading into this season and that's frightening. 

I said in the Mularkey fired thread I wouldn't have changed my staff either if I knew that wasn't the problem, which Mularkey knew. Mularkey knew more about offense than all these dumb dumbs