The Bukafax Betting Bonanza - 2019 Season

TheBukafax

4 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Whatever you say.  Just realize you're talking to someone who's been betting 4 team parlays for more than 20 years and has come out ahead.  If you're serious about this gambling thing, you might want to consider there are strategies out there to beat the odds instead of just relying upon yourself to get lucky by being right at least 55% of the time...

Do you care to pass on your predictive analytics model you use in order to find an edge on 4 team parlays?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to my betting thread. I’m making a thread to track all my sports bets for everybody to follow along.   This is the first year I plan on taking this seriously. I have given myself a r

Week 1 - Recap   1) Steelers +6 -117. The Steelers are a team that is better as a whole then the sum of its parts. They are being undervalued due to the loss of Bell and AB. Tom Brady is cur

For each bet I’ll give an analysis on my thought process.    My basic strategy is going to be to find + odds with numbers below what the matchup should give up.   An example is a b

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, TheBukafax said:

Do you care to pass on your predictive analytics model you use in order to find an edge on 4 team parlays?

There is no predictive analysis model that works for all games/weeks.  It's more about watching a TON of football (not just Titans games), being able to predict outcomes based upon matchups, and then finding the right lines to bet.  I did already mention one helpful tip, instead of trying to pick 4 different teams, pick 2 teams with the over/under.  That way you only have to predict 2 games correctly.

For example, had I been in Vegas today (I wasn't), I would have bet hard on the Chiefs and the over.  Why?  Because even though lots of people thought the Jags defense might slow down that offense, Mahomes is actually ridiculously better on the road than at home.  There was also a decent amount of money on the Jags because people are way too high on Foles.  Just taking the Chiefs and giving the points was a no-brainer, but so was the over at 52.

You sort of did this today with your Titans +5.5 and Titans Under bets, except your analysis of the over/under was wrong.

Regular probability odds you keep mentioning apply to things like rolling dice where the outcome is truly random.  The outcome of NFL games is not random and the lines are based upon amount of money being bet on each side, not on real statistical probabilities.  You can beat the odds with information, just like you can beat the odds at a blackjack table if you can count cards.

1 minute ago, abenjami said:

There is no predictive analysis model that works for all games/weeks.  It's more about watching a TON of football (not just Titans games), being able to predict outcomes based upon matchups, and then finding the right lines to bet.  I did already mention one helpful tip, instead of trying to pick 4 different teams, pick 2 teams with the over/under.  That way you only have to predict 2 games correctly.

For example, had I been in Vegas today (I wasn't), I would have bet hard on the Chiefs and the over.  Why?  Because even though lots of people thought the Jags defense might slow down that offense, Mahomes is actually ridiculously better on the road than at home.  There was also a decent amount of money on the Jags because people are way too high on Foles.  Just taking the Chiefs and giving the points was a no-brainer, but so was the over at 52.

You sort of did this today with your Titans +5.5 and Titans Under bets, except your analysis of the over/under was wrong.

Regular probability odds you keep mentioning apply to things like rolling dice where the outcome is truly random.  The outcome of NFL games is not random and the lines are based upon amount of money being bet on each side, not on real statistical probabilities.  You can beat the odds with information, just like you can beat the odds at a blackjack table if you can count cards.

Why dont you use an online book? Thats what Im doing. Much more convenient.

The bold is done based on information of statistical probabilities.

Just now, TheBukafax said:

Why dont you use an online book? Thats what Im doing. Much more convenient.

The bold is done based on information of statistical probabilities.

Yes, beating the odds at blackjack by counting cards is done based upon information of statistical probabilities, but it's important to realize the reason it works is the information enables one to bet differently to beat the odds and win.

I used to use online books all the time.  Back in the day when I was following baseball, 4 team parlays were my bread and butter.  I found baseball was easier than football to hit those because there is less parity between teams and starting pitchers have such a large influence in the outcome of the games.

I don't use online books anymore for two reasons.  First, most of them take a cut when you deposit, and that means you have to win a higher percentage of your bets to come out on top.  Second, there are problems with payouts.  They aren't efficient, sometimes there is additional juice involved (such as check fees), and lots of people have flat out been stiffed by them when trying to cash out.

10 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Oakland +3 .5unit   Oakland  ML .5unit    Under 43.5  bought 1pt  1unit

Still alive 4 team ML parley--Saints need to win.

I’m opposite, feeling DEN. I don’t feel confident enough to bet em though.

1 hour ago, TheBukafax said:

I’m opposite, feeling DEN. I don’t feel confident enough to bet em though.

I feel ya.  The Saints were 7pt favorites and are looking like they might ruin my 4 team ML parlay, all big favs.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:18 PM, Number9 said:

Win  up 4 units.  

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

Oakland +3 .5unit   Oakland  ML .5unit    Under 43.5  bought 1pt  1unit  Wx3  2units

Still alive 4 team ML parley--Saints need to win. W 2units

Up 8units wk 1  8units season.

On 9/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, Blackjack said:

Oh not not all the games.  The better players pick 4 or 5 games a week and bet on them.  End up with a decent handicap percentage. 

The degenerates like me that can't sit still bet on 8 or 10 a week and hope for the best.

I'm the commissioner of a pool through officefootballpool.com

Everyone gets 100 points to start the season and you can bet as little or as many straight bets or parlays on teams, over/unders with a spread.

Entry is $100 and there are prizes for the first 3 quarters end of season, best handicap, and then it starts over for playoffs.  

Pretty neat set up because there are tons of different strategies people use.

If anyone is interested in joining PM me.  Our numbers are down this year (only 22 entries)  and we usually have 35 or so.  

You aren’t a true Degen until you are waking up at 3 am to bet on Australian football matches,professional table tennis, ECHL Hockey, or professional gaming. I’m totally guilty of all of them lol. 

1 hour ago, heyitsmeallen said:

You aren’t a true Degen until you are waking up at 3 am to bet on Australian football matches,professional table tennis, ECHL Hockey, or professional gaming. I’m totally guilty of all of them lol. 

LOL